Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Umbreon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spidy

ok, ever since i first saw the umbreon prime card, i knew i was gonna use it in a deck if it ever saw an american release. Simply cause i love umbreon so much. So i'm gonna be the first person outside of japan (as far as i know).I'm gonna be running both Umbreon Prime and Reviving Ledgends Umbreon cause theres a very good chance we are getting the second. Also, This is obviously only going to be MD-on as Undaunted will only be out for about 2 weeks before rotation.

Translations for those who dont know:

Umberon (Prime) 100HP
Stage 1 Evolves from Eevee

:ppowr: Moon Veil
Once during your turn, (before your attack), if Umbreon is your Active Pokémon, flip a coin. If heads, return Umbreon and all cards attached to it to your hand. This power can't be used if Umbreon is affected by a Special Condition.

:dark::colorless::colorless: Evo Blast 50+
Does 50 damage plus 10 more damage for each Pokémon that evolves from Eevee that you have in play.

weakness :fighting: x2 Resistance: :psychic: -20

Umbreon 90HP
Stage 1 Evolves from Eevee

:dark: Moonlight Fang 30
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Umbreon by your opponent's Pokémon with any Poké-Powers or Poké-Bodies during your opponent's next turn.

:dark::colorless: Quick Blow 30+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 damage plus 30 more damage

weakness :fighting: x2 Resistance: :psychic: -20

Pokemon:(17)
2 Umbreon Prime (Undaunted)
1 Umbreon (RL)
1 Umbreon (MD)
1 Espeon (MD)
4 Eevee (RR)
4 Sableye (SF)
2 Uxie (LA)
1 Uxie Lv. X (LA)
1 Azelf (LA)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:(29)
4 Bebe's Search
2 Interviewer's Questions
2 Judge
1 Palmer's Contribution
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Expert Belt
1 Luxury Ball
4 Poke Turn
4 Pokemon Communication
2 Pokemon Rescue
3 Super Scoop Up
4 Broken Time Space

Energy: (14)
4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Special Darkness Energy
6 Darkness Energy

Stratagy isn't to complicated. Hopefully get sabeye to start, and spam supporters to get set up, Eevee is also a good start with the ability to put its evolutions in my hand. Espeon is for a nice HP boost, while MD umbreon gives all the eeveelutions a free retreat and no weakness. The other umbreon is to counter things like dialga G X and donphan which can give me a lot of trouble otherwise.

Also dont suggest a card that could be in undaunted unless it is either confirmed or is very likely (like who its very likely that umbreon RL is in because they always have a nonprime version of prime cards)

Last edited:
I'd try to fit in some of the other Eeveelutions. Vaporeon makes a good sniper, Flareon can hit a Jumpluff for an OHKO, Jolteon spreads, Glaceon Powerlocks, Leafeon does lots of damage and adds to speed, etc.

From your current list, you run 4 DCE, and Umbreon is weak to Fighting, so I think it would be a good idea for you to run an Uxie Lv. X as a Promocroak counter.

I'd try to fit in some of the other Eeveelutions. Vaporeon makes a good sniper, Flareon can hit a Jumpluff for an OHKO, Jolteon spreads, Glaceon Powerlocks, Leafeon does lots of damage and adds to speed, etc.

From your current list, you run 4 DCE, and Umbreon is weak to Fighting, so I think it would be a good idea for you to run an Uxie Lv. X as a Promocroak counter.

i can only fit so much in the deck XD

umbreon kos jumpluff with special dark or expert belt with some other eeveelutions on the bench. I find spreading ineffective, and i would run mespirit if i wanted to powerlock

I actually have no weakness if umbreon MD is on the feild, but i still might ad in uxie lv X to have a little more draw power, and it does give me an extra option against promocroak
just need something to take out, maybe an SSU cause i just remembered umbreon prime basically has his own :x

I'd take out a Rescue for another Communication, and a Crobat for an Uxie X. Looks good, though, I can't wait to run something similar myself. :)

The reason I say take out a Crobat is you're going to want out 4 Eevee evs for max damage, and Uxie for drawing. That's 5 of your 6 slots full right there. Add in a Sableye or Azelf, and you'd have no room to drop a 'bat. This runs suuuuper tight on deck space. I also wouldn't take out a SSU for that reason. If you can SSU Azelf instead of having your opponent kill it to get it off the field, that's a very good thing.

Last edited:
I'd take out a Rescue for another Communication, and a Crobat for an Uxie X. Looks good, though, I can't wait to run something similar myself. :)

The reason I say take out a Crobat is you're going to want out 4 Eevee evs for max damage, and Uxie for drawing. That's 5 of your 6 slots full right there. Add in a Sableye or Azelf, and you'd have no room to drop a 'bat. This runs suuuuper tight on deck space. I also wouldn't take out a SSU for that reason. If you can SSU Azelf instead of having your opponent kill it to get it off the field, that's a very good thing.

your right
realizing that i almost want to take out the entire crobat engine altogether XD

but i dunno, the extra damage here and there might still be needed

i'll make those changes though

---------- Post added 06/08/2010 at 03:04 PM ----------

max out bts. with a deck like this, u want to get them out fast.

ya, just not entirely sure exactly what to take out :x

but if i do take out the crobats and poketurns, 2 slots are definitely going to more BTS

Yeah, I'm thinking that U Prime is enough of a heavy hitter (When you're set up) that crobat's not going to make that much of a difference. I doubt you'll come across a situation where that extra 10/20 will make or break the game.

So that leaves 5 slots. 2 BTS for sure. I'd max the communication just to make sure you can always get the Eeveelution you want. Then.... hmm, not sure about the last 2 slots. Judge/Copycat/PONT?

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm thinking that U Prime is enough of a heavy hitter (When you're set up) that crobat's not going to make that much of a difference. I doubt you'll come across a situation where that extra 10/20 will make or break the game.

So that leaves 5 slots. 2 BTS for sure. I'd max the communication just to make sure you can always get the Eeveelution you want. Then.... hmm, not sure about the last 2 slots. Judge/Copycat/PONT?

i was never much of a fan of copycat, i like what judge can do to my opponent, but PONT can pull me out of a bad hand with sableye

meh, i guess judge, sableye can do plenty to heklp my hand with other supporters, and Judge can still help me out of a terrible hand

i i guess 2 BTS 1 Communication, 2 Judge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back