Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Umbreon Star

Mama_Luigi

Have these dramatically dropped in value over the past few months?
The current bidding price for mine is completely awful....

No, the price hasn't dropped at all. It's still worth ~$70-$80. I'll be bidding on it if it's less than $50 a few days from now. Don't worry, you'll get a fair price on it.

Like Versilaryan says, you have zero refs and the auction has awhile left. Being that new to eBay means a lot of people won't bid... it's just the way it is.

No, no one is going to sell it for $30. I don't know where you got your info, but anyone selling an Umbreon * for $30 does not know what they're doing. Myself and various other dealers would buy it in a flash.

I said at least, jesus.

Yes, you say at least, but you wouldn't be able to FIND one for $30. If you can't BUY it at $30 then it won't go for at LEAST $30

Yes, you say at least, but you wouldn't be able to FIND one for $30. If you can't BUY it at $30 then it won't go for at LEAST $30

I've seen it got for that much. It's my own personal experience. Don't get all up tight about it.

I've seen it got for that much. It's my own personal experience. Don't get all up tight about it.

I'm sure there's some card shop somewhere that has an Umbreon* in their $1 folder. But that one place that has it ridiculously cheap doesn't mean that it's worth "At least $1", otherwise almost any card would be worth "At least $1". :thumb:

Last edited:
Also, if you want your auction to get more bids on it, then your listing needs to be more specific. Follow the guidelines that you see stores use - they describe the card's condition beyond what ebay offers, give information about when the card was released, when payment is expected, how they ship, when they ship, where they ship, if there's discounts for combined items, etc. You may think it's silly, but the more official you look the more people are likely to buy from you. Also, for your title, at least say the word 'Pokemon' in there since a lot of people start searches for cards with that term.

Also, not sure you're aware of the fees, but be mindful that eBay takes away 9% of your sale price, and Paypal takes another $.30 + 2.29%, and if you want to ship through eBay (which I recommend since it uses delivery confirmation) that'll be another $1.41. So if it sells for a little over $60, expect to lose at least $9 on the sale.

Lastly, since you're a new seller I have to warn you - eBay is considered a "buyer's heaven but a seller's hell", buyers are "always right" so be very careful with how you interact with them, ship early, describe the item properly (even if it's Mint, say it's Near Mint), and have proof that you sent it AND it arrived, otherwise they'll complain to eBay/Paypal and they will chargeback your purchase.

Hopefully that wasn't TOO offtopic :p

Back