Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unconfirmed Clash At The Summit Translations -Now Confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I remember when Lugia Legend was supposed to be the BCIF for OMG 200 DAMAGE FOR 3 ENERGY......then it was Entei/Raikou Legend keeping benches from playing Uxies/Azelfs/Claydols/etc, and it's been found in only a couple decks and isn't that techable....this is another hype. Luxray X takes care of DPL, Garchomp C X takes care of RDL (assuming it has x2 colorless weakness like it should), so against the most played deck in the format they shouldn't be seen too much. HYPE!

-shrug- I have a lot of Juniors at my league, its a nice change to play a deck that is fun and gets them to enjoy the game (mine all like the legendary and big shiny things) So as I noted, I do not think its competitive, but I do think it would make a fun deck to play. DPL falls into the same category of "It would be a fun shiny deck to interest younger players." My Juniors are in the "You can lead a horse to water..." crowd when it comes to decks.

I do think there will be those who insist it is going to be the new "in" thing. I think DPL is going to be waaaay over hyped as it's attack is unique. I think RD Legend people will try to actually use. I know I'm going to try something to at the very least to use at league.

I do think they will cause some disappointment, but I say let the masses hype it and attempt to make a new BDIF

Forget the legends, I'm in love with both of those Primes.

Celebi Prime with a Mewtwo Lv.X is going to be annoying, to say the least. I love Machamp Prime; it has power, special energy hate, and its Poke Power keeps your retreat-heavy pokemon from getting stuck in the front lines. Not to mention the energy-gathering :cool:

Looks like I'll be heading back to the deck garage....

Dialga/Palkia Mill deck anyone?

4 Mantine GS (Can search for water pokemon/legend pieces)
2-2 Heatran
2-2 DPLegend
2-2 LugiaLegend
2 Shaymin UL

Maybe some scoop ups warp energy/switches. Then start milling their deck and making them have more prizes. super silly.

DPL is actually quite nice to see, decks that take 6 easy prizes aka Luxchomp, might actually have to work for their prizes.

ERL IS as good as it was hyped up to be. Guaranteed at least 1 of the top 4 at Nats will be running it - it's too good that there's no reason not to run it. Also, most people hyping Lugia Legend were either new/uncompetitive. Same story as those hyping Crobat Prime.

DPL looks pretty interesting I suppose - would need some crazy energy Accel to work properly, though.

DPL with Magnezones from SF is a fun deck.
Note I said fun, not good.

It is amazing against juniors or new players, send back there massive pokemon they built up, and give them more prize cards. Abuse Heatran X so after 3 turns they have 6 more prives to get, by this time they might have made that massive pokemon to take you out, you put it in their hand. Scoop up your DPL send out another.

Against concept decks or bad players or slow decks, this would just force scooping. If we could just get it past league standard, so much control.

Heatran X is too slow, even for league standards. Consider Magnezone SF Lightning to get the energy on him, and Magnezone SF Metal to get him out of your deck. That actually works rather smoothly for ERL I found out.

You get to add prizes?!!??!! That sounds a bit broken but there must be a limit. But so far I'm in love with that Celebi. A little expensive but usable.

Heatran X is too slow, even for league standards. Consider Magnezone SF Lightning to get the energy on him, and Magnezone SF Metal to get him out of your deck. That actually works rather smoothly for ERL I found out.

Now you are setting up 2 stage 2's and remember you will not have claydol to do this since it will be gone by September when this comes out.

but you will have magnezone prime.

i could very well see something like:

1 magnezone prime
2 sf lightning magnezone
1 sf metal magnezone
4 tomb
1-1 DPL
1-1 ERL
1 unown q

solid trainer line

4 warp energy
other energy

doing very wel

just IMO

Celebi is bad for an MD on format. Jumpluff just has to leaf guard so celebi does no damage. Crobat G ruin it as poisin can knock it out. DR takes too muhc energy for an extra prize to be worth it. DP looks interesting, but weakness kills it.

Now you are setting up 2 stage 2's and remember you will not have claydol to do this since it will be gone by September when this comes out.

Two stage 2's that are in the very same evolution line at least and as Meessie said, you also have the advantage of Magnezone Prime. 'Course you might also want Zone X...gah, Magnezone will always have that "Which Poke To Pick" problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back