Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unown G, Anti G&G???

Ikari

Unown G attach itself as a Pokemon Tool and prevents all the effects of attacks (Excluding Damage) done to the pokemon that Unown G is attached. Read the card for more info.

So... its a better WP. Why? Mainly, cause it doesnt require a basic :water: to work. you call it with Mentor/Rosseanne/Pachirisu/Corsola/etc...

Also, seems like Pachirisu cant discard it. (Rule needed)

So... why is Anti G&G? Lets see... it prevents Sonic Blade and Bring Down. So, for example, use it in a Wailord, and you get a Staller. Meanwhile, you power up in the bench. It takes 3 hits from Gardevoir (Or 2 if attach Pluspower/Charm) or 2 hits from Gallade (With Fliping ALL the Prices) So you get the ruin of G&G with a simple... Unown G (Irony? :lol:)

Also, (in a side note) it prevents Ghost Head... anyway... :lol:

Just a idea to see the powerful Unown G can be. Another ideas? Can it be metagame changing?

Discuss!!!

wow... this card is awesome i didn't realize this card's existance and I'm pretty sure Pachi can discard it due to the fact that it's a tool..cause I think u can also windstorm it away as well..

Its pretty good,its way better than WP since u dont waste a NRG attach. Gallade still can OHKO everything except Wailord tho so.....

wow... this card is awesome i didn't realize this card's existance and I'm pretty sure Pachi can discard it due to the fact that it's a tool..cause I think u can also windstorm it away as well..

Actually, Pachirisu tool discard is a effect of the attack... that's why MAYBE Unown G can prevent it (that's why i put RULING NEEDED :p) but yeah, Windstorm can blow it away...

Its pretty good,its way better than WP since u dont waste a NRG attach. Gallade still can OHKO everything except Wailord tho so.....

No whitout Sonic Blade... Togekiss: 120 HP, fight resistance, flip 4 Prizes. Magmotar, 110 HP, flip 3 Prizes (Or 2 and Pluspower). The objetive is make them flip their prizes early, so late game they run out of fuel.

And remember the Mawile!!!

Last edited:
Yea I know that,but still if they get a early Gallade round t3 t4 its alot of the time harder to come back from and alot of times over. Yea u do that but still,Gardy can still bring down which dosent have a Unown G or WP.

it is very effective against Gardy/Gallade. I think G&G will have to put some windstorms back (some G&G decks don't run them).

Don't forget that G&G will be using Unown G itself for mirror matches and to prevent things like Typhlosion from discarding their precious DRE when it attacks.

Unown G can possibly be the reason Blissey will be viable at states, along with a few forgotten powerhouse Ex cards that got scared away when Gallade showed up.

Personally, I think Unown G might be the best card in GE in terms of what it can do to the format.

Last edited:
Yea I know that,but still if they get a early Gallade round t3 t4 its alot of the time harder to come back from and alot of times over. Yea u do that but still,Gardy can still bring down which dosent have a Unown G or WP.

Again, they Flip their prizes, leaving them unpowered for late game. And a Magikarp (for example of low hp) with Unown G blocks Bring Down (It doesnt get redirected), the attack fails (Its in ATM Forum, sorry for no providing a link)

Hey everyone! Heard of windstorm?

Yes, its the unique counter to Unown G, but remember that you can recycle your Unown G to your deck/hand, so they will put 4 windstorms (Already with 2 they are changing their deck a lot) to counter your Unowns? Also, its a trainer, they cant search for it.

you're right i was scared there for a second, feraligatr would be another example

yeah i'm not worryed, wailord is the only thing that would be hard to beat without sonic blade and bring down, and flygon ex pk,

How about multiple Flygon Ex d with Unown G attatched...
Flygon might be posed for a comeback, especially with Nidoqueen in there to quickly recycle then with a Night Maintenance.
As for Windstorm, there couldn't possibly be a counter to that, could there?(sarcasm)

Last edited:
Kingdra LOVES this card. The only reason why Kingdra isn't around now is Gallade's Sonic Blade. Now that his bulky 140 HP + Extra Smoke isn't reduced to rubble anymore, it might just shine again.

Problem for Unown players: Enjoy having it as a start.

G&G usually plays 2 Windstorm and 2 Warp Point. Having to take out the Warp Point for more Windstorm hurts the deck as a whole, since Windstorm is a dead card in many matchups. If you leave the Warp Points in then you have to skimp somewhere else. The thought that 4 Windstorm = 4 Unown G is off as well. One Night Maintenence can make your 3 easily searchable Unown G into 6 if you really want to focus on them, there isn't any good way to replenish your Windstorms once you use them. Finally what happens if you have to use a Windstorm on something not an Unown G (say Crystal Beach, for instance), then you really start having a problem.

Back