Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unsure what to do with my Zek/Eels/Zone deck - Need help asap!

Scrumpet

Okay so I'm basically running the typical Eel-zone deck with 2 Zekrom EX's, 3-1-3 Magnezones and 3-3 Eels. I really don't want to put this in the deck builder forum because I've posted this twice and really need more of an opinion on what I should run, rather than what to put into the deck / take out.

It kind of seems like Magnezone slows down in the deck in a way, considering I have to evolve him, take up space in my deck for the 3-1-3 and the 3 rare candies, then also the potential of him getting Catcher'd onto the field when he's not buffed up with energies. I don't have a Mewtwo EX nor plan to get one to make the full-on Zek/eel deck, but other then that, do you guys think that 2 Zekrom EX's could make up for that, and also 2 Thundurus' as well (if I were to take out the Magnezone line I mean)?

Thank you all for helping out in any way you can!

3-1-3 is never going to work good in times like this ;D
I even understand why you feel that your deck is a little bit slow/inconsistent... The lines you are playing are just not standart lines

You'd better play this lines (if you play 3 candy):

4-2-3 Magnezone
(3-3/)4-3 Eelektrik (As far as I can see, the way you're playing EelZone, 4-3 Eel should be the play)
(x Zekrom EX)
(x Zekrom)
(x Terrakion)
(x Mewtwo EX)
(x Thundurus)*

*(...) = optional

If you want to play EelZone you have to play a little bit more skillfull than normally, because it is, as you already mentioned, slow compared to most decks, that are played atm. Therefore it is good to play a high N-count and alot of cards to ensure, that you really get out asap.
I am playing EelZone too, although my list doesn't even nearly look like any standart list, because standart is crap to me...
Cards like Zekrom EX or Zekrom are just taking to much time to set up, and in the end they're going to be OHKOd right after using them. For me that's wasted time. If you can keep your Zones going and have a fast and good backup it is enough to make the game.

I hope that helped you,
Darkmot.

Last edited:
Back