Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

*UPDATED* My Luxchomp List for Tomorrow's BRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancun

So I finally decided upon a list to go to my nearest Battle Roads tomorrow morning, and (surprise surprise), it's a Luxchomp build. But I know not all Luxchomp builds are created equally, so what makes my list special? Read on, give your thoughts, and post any suggestions for the deck.

Pokemon: 20
2/2 Luxray GL
2/2 Garchomp C
2/1 Uxie LA
1 Unown Q
1 Toxicroak G
1 Bronzong G
1 Dragonite FB
1 Lucario GL
1 Crobat G
1 Azelf
1-1 Drifblim UD (Shiny Drifloon)

T/S/S: 29
1 Aaron's Collection
4 Cyrus' Conspiracy
4 Poke Turn
3 Energy Gain
3 Power Spray
2 SP Radar
2 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Collector
1 Luxury Ball
1 Premier Ball
1 Palmer's Contribution
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Energy Exchanger

Energy: 11

3 Call Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
2 Lightning Energy
2 Psychic Energy

Strategy for the most part is classic Luxchomp. Swarming nearly immediately, and then picking off prizes with Bright Look or Sniping with Garchomp. What makes this different is that unlike the new fashion statement of Dialga G, this deck instead techs in Drifblim UD.

The reason I chose Drifblim over Dialga is that, while Drifblim makes the Gengar matchup a little harder than using Dialga (and even that's arguable, since it can Take Away any Gengar, Vileplume, or Spiritomb in the active spot, and it also isn't suceptible to Level-Down), it helps IMMENSELY vs the Machamp matchup, and does just as well against the Mewtwo matchup. I would even go so far as to argue that it is better VS the Dialgachomp matchup because Drifblim can take away their tank that they've built up all game.

The other thing to note is that Drifblim can take advantage of some of the Psychic-weak Pokemon in the Luxchomp mirror matchup without having to put your Uxie in harm's way in the active spot unless it's a last-resort. On the contrary, the other Luxchomps that will be running Dialga G won't use it against you because it's of no use to them, clogging up their deck and weakening them in the mirror matchup

I'd like to think that I have a decent shot at winning my first Premier Event tomorrow, but I wanted to see what everyone else thought of the list first.

playing only 2 searchable lightning is risky buisness...id take out an energy exchanger for another lightning. Your list looks fairly solid...

playing only 2 searchable lightning is risky buisness...id take out an energy exchanger for another lightning. Your list looks fairly solid...
That's a very good point. I do notice that when I play Luxchomp, having even one Lightning Energy prized tends to make my playstyle very skittish.

I agree with konopacz. -1 Energy Exchanger or PONT +1 Lightning Energy. Other than that, it looks very solid and you very well may have a chance. Good Luck!

Alright, so I went to the BR and ended up undefeated (although in sudden death in the final match) with this Luxchomp build.

However, I'm making some changes for the upcoming City Championships.

Pokemon: 21
2/2 Luxray GL
3/1 Garchomp C
2/1 Uxie LA
1 Unown Q
1 Ambipom G
1 Bronzong G
1 Dragonite FB
1 Lucario GL
1 Crobat G
1 Azelf
1-1 Drifblim UD (Shiny Drifloon)
1 Smeargle UD

T/S/S: 27
2 Aaron's Collection
4 Cyrus' Conspiracy
4 Poke Turn
3 Energy Gain
2 Power Spray
2 SP Radar
2 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Collector
1 Premier Ball
2 Looker's Investigation
1 Energy Exchanger
1 VS Seeker

Energy: 12

3 Call Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
3 Lightning Energy
2 Psychic Energy

I noticed that the Garchomp C would be a bigger threat in these smaller tournaments than the Luxray threat (as it's ridiculously expensive), so I opted out of Promocroak. I also changed my Garchomp line to 3/1, and it's supported more by the higher recovery I run now (2 Aarons and a Premier Ball) and gives me the bigger strength in the Garchomp war. Looker's replaces PONT for obvious reasons.

i personally always run a Promocroak,

and without it you dont really need your psychic energy.

unless you plan on Toxic Fang'ing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back