Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Updated US Nats info!

I went to Nats last year as a card player. and I saw lots of people playing the VGC. Can I do both? I'd like to do both but how can I? did anyone do this last year?

thanks!

ken

If the scheduling works out the same as it did last year, the TCG will start on Friday and the VGC will start on Saturday. So, yes, you can play in both, but only if you drop from the TCG portion before the VGC starts.

Makes me wish I could go...but taking time off from work for me around that time of the year is hard, and with no incentives to go besides to vacation and play, kinda hard to justify.

If the scheduling works out the same as it did last year, the TCG will start on Friday and the VGC will start on Saturday. So, yes, you can play in both, but only if you drop from the TCG portion before the VGC starts.

I figured I'd have to drop in order to participate, but was hoping there was some other crazy option I hadn't thought about.

thx!

I'd like to state for the record that I think the trophy design looks bad.

Not that i'd mind winning it, but seeing as how I won't be at nats, that would be pretty hard to do.

^^ I'll respectfully disagree! It is distinct and inspired as compared to recent trophies, and a little otherworldly like something from the animated series. Looks cool IMO.

I would like to play in this tournament. Would be my first time playing in something larger then States.

I'd like to state for the record that I think the trophy design looks bad.

Not that i'd mind winning it, but seeing as how I won't be at nats, that would be pretty hard to do.
I like it better because it will at least show up in a photo. Last year's (and the ones used at Regionals / Cities / etc. now) look terrible when photographed.
I figured I'd have to drop in order to participate, but was hoping there was some other crazy option I hadn't thought about.

thx!
Yeah, unfortunately you do have to drop. I know a few who play both games regularly and just drop regardless as well as others who drop if their record is at a state they think they'll do better in VGC.

The trophy is definitely better than last year's.

But I still don't understand why TCG and VGC Nationals have to overlap... and now even in Europe. :/

Back