Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

UPDATED w/Final results!-Stafford,Va TM vs TA prerelease - Sun.Mar14th - Comic World

Sensei

Team Compendium Emeritus
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
:pokeball:Team Magma vs. Team Aqua Prerelease!:pokeball:

Hey everyone,you`re all invited to come on down to Comic World and join us for some prerelease fun!Come have a blast putting a deck together with the brand new set and have the chance to not only win TM vs TA booster packs,but I`ll be having door prizes as well that people can win!Check back here often to see if I have updated any info!

Oh,make sure to have your POP# if you have one!Call the store to pre-register and make sure you give your name,POP ID#(if you have one),and your age.If you need a POP ID #,one will be provided for you onsite.

See everyone there!

`Sensei

Date:Sunday Mar.14th
Time:Registration is from 10-11am.Deck building/Tourney starts after.
2852 Jeff. Davis Hwy Suite 101
Stafford,Va. 22554
540-659-0123

Entry Fee:$20-all players get 6 TM vs TA booster packs to make(and keep all!) a 40 card deck(including energy) for use in the tournament.Energy will be provided.

Each entrant receives a TM vs TA prelease stamped Team Aqua`s Cacnea promo card!

Each age group (10-, 11-14,and 15+) will receive the following:

1st Place-1 Box of Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Magma Vs. Aqua Booster Packs
2nd Place-18 Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Magma Vs. Aqua Booster Packs
3rd & 4th Place-9 Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Magma Vs. Aqua Booster Packs
5th-8th Place-4 Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Magma Vs. Aqua Booster Packs

Door Prizes

• A 1st Edition Charizard
• A "surprise" box which has special promos and a variety of packs
• A 3 pack of TM vs. TA (3 packs!)
• A 4 pack of the Target promos IN the 4 card collector frame
• A 4 pack of the Target promos
A #96/95 Absol Holo Rare TCG card that you can only get when you buy a box!
• I will also randomly draw more winners for Absols through the tournament!!!!
• Maybe more to come!!!!!

Last edited:
Sounds like more fun!

Mike and I are planning to be there.

For anyone who has not had the pleasure of attending a tournament ran by 'Sensei, you are missing out on one of the best Pokemon experiences ever.

Hope to see everyone there!

Last edited:
It's official Sensei, I'm coming back to Stafford for the PreRelease and I'm bringing 2 other entrants with me!

There going to have to register a POP # and they can't wait to battle on March 14th!
And we are looking to have some fun!!

Last edited:
Wow,thanx for the kind words Dave. :eek: Great to see that you guys will be there.

TG,awesome!I`m glad that you and your friends can make it!Bring everyone!I`ll issue them POP #`s when they get there.

I`ll be updating the Door prizes which includes a 1st Edition Charizard...I may post more between now and the prerelease,so keep checking back!:)

`Sensei

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't know there was going to be that many stuff your giving out. It sounds fun. I'll do my best to show up. Is it going to be sealed? Anyways, good luck to everyone. Sensei, IM me at CDPak007 plz :).

Chris - you've been to a Prerelease before, right? If not, it works like this:

You get 6 sealed boosters, and when given the instructions to do so, everyone opens them and cunstructs a 40-card deck from their cards (plus Basic Energy Crads which are provided).

Oh,I`m even adding more Chris.Go check out the latest and check back periodically for more possible changes!I`ll pm you sometime tomorrow(?) evening if I get a chance.

Sean,Luke,Mike,and everyone else,you making it?LMK.

`Sensei

I should be there, and so should sean and luke(if he's not being lazy and sleeping all day) lol.

I HATE SEALED SOO MUCH. how bout a draft :)

Great to hear that you guys will make it.Tell Luke just to come the night before with his sleeping bag...;)

Now,to get back to getting the packs and everything ready and sorting the [EDIT]`s. :p

`Sensei

Denise and Co.,you guys coming?It`d be nice to see some out of staters again!Everyone is welcome.

`Sensei

We would LOVE to be there... I'm sad to say that the Barlocks are not going to be able to make the pre-release in VA... There is a pre-release in Charlotte on 3/13 the day before and we will be at that one...

BUT... it seems that we'll be at your state championships on 4/25...

Sorry to hear you guys won`t make it to the prerelease but at least ya`ll can come to States.

`Sensei

Yes,the State Champs will be open to all.Great to hear that you can make it!

`Sensei

Updated!!! Man,those special cards are sweet!

Last edited:
6 more days!

Hmmm...what other prize(s) should I add...

`Sensei

Sensei, in addition to the 2 entrants that I'm coming with. I may can squeeze one more person who says that she wants to go. But I can't wait until Sunday, its going to be prizes galore!!!

That`s great to hear!The more the merrier. :)

`Sensei

4 days to go (**need - more - Team aqua - vs - Team magma - for - sets**)

I'll bet we'll see 60+ players!?!?! (as in more than 60, not 60+ years old :p)

Back