Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

US Nationals Top 16 Seniors Report

Well right now I'm using an itouch on a train in japan to type this so this will be ugly...
Up until Thursday I was going to play a vileplume variant. It had good match ups against everything but yanmega magnezone which I thought wouldn't be played due to the lack of time for players to switch decks. I was wrong, and when I went to the free play area most of my opponents were playing the deck. I then decided if I can't beat them, I should join them. So around 4 o'clock that afternoon I built it. I played a few games with it and liked it so I decided to enter the tournament. (against many of my friends and people on the pokeym's recommendation)
That night i went to my friends room to test and he showed me his list. I learn that mine is 4 cards off his...
The next day, I got there at 8 and basically waited until 12 to play. (I had a 2 round bye).
My first opponent was playing magneboar. The game was close, and I almost decked myself but thankfully my opponent misplayed by koing my active energy less magnezone with 8 cards and no switch in deck. I then evolved my benched yanma and judged and sniped his bench ftw. My next opponent was playing donphan yanmega zoroark. He got turn 2 donphan on me and I struggled to get anythng going early. I made a comeback and had it 1-1 on prizes but I needed one more energy to ko his donphan with magnezone. Unfortunately I had no more energies left so I lost. I feel like I could have won if I tested the deck because later my friends said 11 energy is not enough. I'm sad to say but I don't remember most of my other matches in detail, but I went 6-3 and my losses were to donphan, mirror with kingdra prime, and to something else..... called using sages training and then copycat....... IN THE SAME TURN.
D:
Anyway in top 64 I played against don champ. I donked him one game and got turn two yanmega + judge to get me the next game.
My top 32 opponent played a hybrid magneboar with zekrom. My games were all really close but I koed his emboars/magnezones to shut his deck down.
My top 16 opponent played yanmega kingdra with 1-0-1 magnezone in it with rainbow energies. Game 1 he went first and koed all my magnemites before they could evolve and judged and reversealed me to death. Game two I donked him and game three was a repeat of game 1. I feel like if I had tested more I could have gotten the games closer, but I'm happy I mad it this far with a deck I barley knew.

Props
Meeting people like Simon, Kevin and Oliver
Top 16
Jimmy for getting 2nd
Hotel
My Mom for taking me

Slops
No one else from Kansas toping
Jared going 6-3 and getting donked twice. Meh I guess thats what happens when you play 5 babies...D:
This report being several huge paragraphs
Posted with Mobile style...
Posted with Mobile style... for those wondering I wrote this while on a train an in a resturant in japan on an itouch. I'm going to re write everything once I get back to the states.

Last edited:
Jared how do you manage to run 5 babies... 1 Tyrogue and... 4 Cleffas?! >.>

Great job Noah, double supporter ftl?! The supporter discard is so ridiculous...

Jared how do you manage to run 5 babies... 1 Tyrogue and... 4 Cleffas?! >.>

Great job Noah, double supporter ftl?! The supporter discard is so ridiculous...

The judge gave me a 'vocal warning' when I said next game I'll just leave my supporters out..
Lol.
Thanks!
Posted with Mobile style...

IDK Kevin Its all in the lucksacking and how did you manage to play auto lose to lost gar.deck? Didnt you start like 7 pokemon against Vance when you were playing for fun?

Back