Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Using cards which requires reference card

Pokealjovin

Administrator
If I'm using a card that requires a reference card, for example : I am using 4 Base set Revive in my deck.

I need a reference card, when do I pull out that reference card?

- when I prepare to play, I pull all the cards that I have to use as reference and display them next to the play area
- When I play the card, I pull out the reference card and show it to my opponent, leaving it outside the play area for reference.
- When my opponent or judge requires the reference card.

I've fortunatly never been confronted to this situation ... yet.

when I prepare to play, I pull all the cards that I have to use as reference and display them next to the play area
No. You don't need to give away deck information ahead of time.

- When I play the card, I pull out the reference card and show it to my opponent, leaving it outside the play area for reference.
Yes, that would be proper.
- When my opponent or judge requires the reference card.
Depends on the amount of difference in text. Many cards, such as Rainbow Energy, are commonly played and most players know the text. You can ask the opponent if they need to see the reference card when you first play it, and if they say no, then hold on to it.
If at some point they decide they need to see it or ask to read the card, the reference card should be presented.

The critical thing is that the opponent knows that the text on the card is play is incorrect and they don't mistakenly base any game play decisions on that misinformation.

Back