Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Using Pokémon Communication with zero cards left in deck?

GaleonBlazer

Since:
Q. Can I use Professor Elm's Training Method if there are zero cards left in my deck?
A. No, you cannot search through your deck if there's nothing there to search. If there are cards in the deck you can fail to find a Pokemon because you don't know what may be in a deck, but since you do know whether there are ANY cards or not you cannot search through an empty deck. (Sep 22, 2011 PUI Rules Team)
I was wondering if I could use Pokémon Communication with zero cards left in my deck, communicating a Pokémon in, and taking out nothing from the deck (telling that I "didn't find what I was looking for" or "failed the search for a Pokémon" or whatever just makes sense).

My common sense tells me "no", but I just wanted to be sure.

Since you are putting in a card with Communication, there is 1 card in your deck. So you can use Communication starting with a 0 card deck, since there will be a card in the deck when you search. Once that card is in your deck you can fail the search, and decide not to take it out again.

With PETM there is no possibility of finding your selection, so that is playing a trainer to no effect and not allowed.

Last edited:
Back