Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

UT/Austin Pokemon League

smartsushy

Hey guys, I'm new here and this is my first thread so bear with me. My friends and I are interested in starting an official league Austin. As far as I know, there aren't any current ones, and we think there's lots of potential at UT and around Austin. We need to gauge how many people are interested, so if you go to UT or live in Austin, hit us up on our facebook group in the Austin or UT network.

Since finals are coming up soon, and summer vacation after that, we need to find people who would be interested in being league leaders and running the league during the summer. If not, this would probably be delayed until the Fall '08 semester. We'd love to get a league started, and we even have a comic book shop (Funny Papers in Dobie for any UT people) just off campus willing to stock pokemon cards and host meetings and tournaments for us. It would be pretty awesome if we can get this going, and maybe with some luck, it'll get pretty big.:thumb:

I am interested, I just need it to be on a day of the week (not on the weekends) because of work.

I moved to the Austin area about 6 months ago, and was looking for a league, like the other poster said the only one they had quit due to poor attendence.

I work at Funny Papers, the store the League will be held, and I will probably get involved in this stuff. My advice is for it to either be Wednesday or Saturday, however it looks like since many of our people will be students, that Saturday is a much better day to hold the games, and I think it will be around 6~7 PM.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

The Austin League is official, with a time of 4 PM on Saturday! Come on and play with us here at Funny Papers.
http://funnypapers.com/

Last edited:
I will attempt to make it as often as I can, Saturday is pretty busy in the Retail world.

Sorry could not make it this week, and I definately have to work next week, but let me know how it turns out.

Last edited:
We had 10 people there this Saturday, but I expect it to get a lot slower over the summer break, since most of the UT students won't be here over the break.

Don't be so sure. My League in Urbana actually has higher attendance over the summer. Reason? Locals generally don't have the time during the regular school year, but the summer break is an excellent time for them to come back into the game.

Keep advertising, and enjoy your time with the younger crowd!

So I will attempt to make it this Saturday (May 10), I will bring extra decks if anybody needs one. I made them using only Diamond & Pearl stuff I have. Also they are single type decks (all grass, all fighting, etc.) I don't have enough sleeves or extra trainers to make Dark or Metal right now though.

BTW I visited the store on May 2nd, since I was in the area checking out the Anime club at the University of Texas (which is open to the public, the next meeting is on June 6th). The store seemed nice, but I am concerned about possible crowding (especially if you have a pre-release or Battle Roads there) I suppose since it's in a mall, you could use the food court for more seats.

If you are interested: http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~anime/

Good Luck on your new league

Congrats on starting a new league. I hope it continues to do well.

I will be there this Saturday, and I will be bringing several commons, and uncommons (as well as Rares for trade). If anybody needs help making a deck better, I am pretty good at that. If anybody else wants to help with the donations to the "Deck Building" box (mostly commons & uncommons) feel free to help out.

I also will be bringing a couple of decks again if anybody needs one to learn with. Also due to requests I will also show off the WWE CCG (which is now a totally dead game BTW).

Hey guys, just a quick heads up, the League has had to change stores. It is no longer at Funny Papers, and is temporarily stopped until I can find out whats up. I will get back to ya'll when I know whats going on.
-Greg

OK keep us updated Please!

I was thinking about going to play this week (actually had Saturday off!) now, not sure what the heck I will do...

Back