Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Uxie

kristi

If I learned 1 thing from playing in 5 cities, it is that playing at least 1 uxie is extremely helpful in almost every deck. I can think of only one exception off of the top of my head witch is scizor, but other than that, uxie is amazing. The ability to draw up to seven cards, and it's searchable with BeBe, Rosseane, Luxury ball, and many more cards as well. I can see it being used any time in a game, and it can change the course of a game as well. I tend to put one in every deck that I build these days, and I suggest that other players do the same. What do you think about this little yellow pixie?

Agreed, many of my decks run 2-1 of Uxie and its LvX. Trade off is also helpful when looking for that PlusPower or Stadium you need. Furthermore, CC for 60 is good for any deck as well, serving as a secondary attacker, especially against Machamp. When Ampharos come out next set, Uxie will become even more helpful in drawing cards.

I love Uxie.

All you need to do is run a 2-1 Uxie line in your deck (with a few Unown G) and you have a built in Machamp counter. Considering how popular Champ is right now, this tech is VERY good to have.

ive been teching a uxie since the first weekend of brs
i was surprised no one realized that drawing up to 7 early game is good

I definitely run 1 Uxie (at least) in all of my decks (more in the speedy decks like Kingdra/Infernape) but can't get used to the Uxie lv.X. How do work it into all kinds of decks? How do you get it active, level up, and to the bench in every deck?

I guess you could just attach an energy to a benched Uxie and wait for them to KO your active Pokemon, then bring up Uxie, level up, and attach an energy to it.

But Uxie Lv.X's poke-power is really nifty too, so that makes me think it'd be good to get it out early.

I can understand how it can work alright in some decks, but in other decks, I just don't see how Uxie lv.X would work that well.

And it's LAME that it's a lv.X with the popularity of Claydol (almost), because it makes it stupid hard to get a hold of.

I definitely run 1 Uxie (at least) in all of my decks (more in the speedy decks like Kingdra/Infernape) but can't get used to the Uxie lv.X. How do work it into all kinds of decks? How do you get it active, level up, and to the bench in every deck?

I guess you could just attach an energy to a benched Uxie and wait for them to KO your active Pokemon, then bring up Uxie, level up, and attach an energy to it.

But Uxie Lv.X's poke-power is really nifty too, so that makes me think it'd be good to get it out early.

I can understand how it can work alright in some decks, but in other decks, I just don't see how Uxie lv.X would work that well.

And it's LAME that it's a lv.X with the popularity of Claydol (almost), because it makes it stupid hard to get a hold of.

Uxie lv. X isn't something you should prioritize getting out in a match, unless you're playing Machamp perhaps and you're running Luxray or Regigigas or Raichu. It doesn't need to come out quickly unless you open with Uxie and have the means for a turn 2 Zen Blade. In decks like Dusknoir, Tyranitar and Gengar, which all frequently run Moonlight Stadium, you can just bring it up off a Warp Point or after something has been KOed, level up and retreat without even losing any energy. In Kingdra, the energy loss on a retreat doesn't even matter since Kingdra attacks for so cheap. Otherwise, just use discretion and bring it out when it is convenient or when a Zen Blade could clinch you a prize you otherwise wouldn't be getting.

As for Uxie itself, I agree that virtually every deck aside from Scizor should find room for at least one. It is as much of a universal staple as Luxury Ball in my opinion.

It's great in pushing you over the edge - when you've played out your hand and have stuff yet to do, it can really juice you up. When you have utter rubbish, I'd rather be sitting pretty on a Wager or Cynthia's.

Back