2 Cynthia’s Plan DP5
2 Buck’s Training DP5
3 Warp Point
2 NM

Energy[15]
3 Holon WP
6 Psychic
6 Water

The idea is to use Froslass/Glalie early. Glalie MT is a 3hko for Gardevoir normally: 60-20=40x2=80= 10 short. If they use DRE then it’s even harder. His attack can also stop the opponent from using trainers. This can be crucial when you Beach/Wager, to prevent the opponent from coming back. Locking a Beach in play and blocking trainers for a turn means they have to Tauros your gym, or do something else. Froslass is the true early bread and butter. Doing 40/sleep and 10 to Gardevoir’s bench can be really hurtful. Once you start placing 10 damage everywhere your late-game Starmies can be really hurtful. Doing 50 to anything with a power or body, or bringing itself back to the hand. Ideally, you hit for 50, they smack you, then you bring yourself up and bring something up (like another Starmie, maybe =P) and repeat the process. Since you snipe, you simply need to make sure that Gardevoir's benched would be the Bring Down targets, and not your Staryus. Against Magmortar you can do 60 and return to the hand- forcing them to do 80 or waste an attack.

The trainers are a bit odd. Energy Patch is a form of pseudo-energy acceleration. Considering Starmie attacks for 1 energy of either type, and that Froslass has cheap attacks, and using 6 of each energy, you can really abuse Crystal Beach and Energy Patch. Cynthia’s Plan is to discount the loss of dying. With 80-90hp for my attackers, I will be dying often and using suicides. This stops the opponent’s scramble usage (along with Crystal Beach). This also allows me to draw 8 cards with Cynthia’s. And if I did take a prize- I simply hand refresh and draw up with Claydol. Buck’s Training is a nice, standard draw card that Gardevoir cannot use. Doing an extra 10 is also especially nice when I do so little damage. It provides a form of strength charm which I didn’t have room for.

The energy is self-explanatory. With Holon WP you should prevent Banette’s first attack, and get free retreat for quite a few of your pokemon. I was thinking of maybe going 7/5 water/psychic for energy, or maybe dropping a Holon WP for another water.

What do you guys think?

Should I go more T2?

Spoilers (courtesy of PokeBeach):

Staryu LV.14 – Water – HP50
Basic Pokemon
[C] Recover: Discard 1 Energy attached to Staryu and remove 3 damage counters from Staryu.
[W][C] Spinning Attack: 20 damage.
Weakness: Lightning (+10)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
--
Starmie LV.39 – Water – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Staryu
[W] Star Boomerang: 30 damage. You may return Starmie and all cards attached to it to your hand.
[P] Core Flash: Does 50 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokemon that has any Poke-Powers or Poke-Bodies.
Weakness: Lightning (+20)
Retreat: 0
--
Froslass LV.46 – Water – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Snorunt
[P] Destiny Bond: Discard 1 Psychic Energy attached to Froslass. During your opponent's next turn, if Froslass' HP is reduced to 0 by an attack, the attacking Pokemon is Knocked Out.
[W][C] Icy Breath: 40 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Asleep. Place 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.
Weakness: Steel (+20)
Retreat: 1
--
Buck's Training – Supporter
Draw 2 cards from your deck.
When your Pokemon attacks, if this card is in play next to your Active Pokemon, each of your Active Pokemon's attacks does an additional 10 damage to any Active Pokemon.
You can use a Supporter once during your turn. To use it, play it next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn.
--
Cynthia's Plan – Supporter
Return your hand to your deck and shuffle your deck. Then, draw 4 cards from your deck.
If any of your Pokemon were Knocked Out on your opponent's previous turn, draw an additional 4 cards.
You can use a Supporter once during your turn. To use it, play it next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn.
--
Energy Patch – Trainer
Flip a coin, if heads attach 1 Basic Energy card from your discard pile to one of your Pokemon.

Last edited:
Nice deck, but I wouldn't get your hopes up about Froslass and Starmie being in MD, not to mention the Trainers/Supporters. So, I'd take out the Snorunt PKs, Beachs and WPs for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back