Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Vanilluxe NEX w/Kyurem EX or Zekrom EX?. Which would be better???

Status
Not open for further replies.

efajardo

Hi.
This is a new idea i have seen recently but w/o decklist available, i'm building it from scratch.
The idea is to use Vanilluxe's (NEX) Slippery Slope Ability with a BIG beater (Kyurem EX), to bomb my opponent's pokémon with high-damage attacks turn after turn, along with Cofagrigus' (NVI46) Damagriiigus attack, to heal any damaged attacker, and damage (maybe KO) my opponent's active pokémon, by damage-counters transfer.

Proper mention to Hayes (from 2012 Kansas States) for creating the original deck idea.

[EDIT]
I improved over my basic list, and included a 2nd build with Zekrom EX, but with the same idea.
Each build has its advantages/disadvantages over the other:
Kyurem's: More stable to disruption (doesn't have eels), but slower setup.
Zekrom's: Faster setup (via Eels), but easier to disrupt, and Eels take 8 more cards from trainer line to add the 4-4 line.

KYUREM EX BUILD
Pokémon
3-1-3 Vanilluxe NEX
2-2 Cofagrigus NVI46
3-4 Kyurem EX*
*1 Kyurem NVI (optional, in case of using 3 KyuremEX)
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Cleffa

Trainers:
3 N
2 PONT
2 Level Ball
3 Pokémon Collector
3 Pokémon Catcher
3 Switch
3 Twins
4 Sage's Training
1 Junk Arm
3 Rare Candy

Energies:
4 DCE
7 Water
2 Psychic

ZEKROM EX BUILD
Pokémon
3-1-3 Vanilluxe NEX
2-2 Cofagrigus NVI46
3-4 Zekrom EX*
*1 Zekrom EPO (optional, in case of using 3 Zekrom EX)
4-4 Eelectrik NVI
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Cleffa

Trainers:
2 Super Rod
3 N
3 Juniper
2 Level Ball
3 Pokémon Collector
3 Pokémon Catcher
3 Switch
1 Junk Arm
2 Pokémon Communication

Energies:
4 DCE
7 Electric
2 Psychic

Comment!!! :lightning:/:water:/:psychic:

Last edited:
If your opponent cant OHKO the EX, why wouldnt they just catcher and KO the cofagrius/yamask?
I feel like the choice of kyurem and slippery soles vanilluxe was to allow for Hail Blizzard 120 each turn, while forcing your opponent to make Sophie's Choice. Do they slip into something that will definitely get KO'd by 120 or send up a beefy wall that might not be able to retreat next turn?
I'd say start with slip soles and KyuremEX and work your way up from there. Damagriius wont be a surprise no matter how you try and pull it off. It costs PC, on a stage 1. If your opponent is smart, you will not ever pull it off.
I think the hardest thing to deal with will be the lack of energy accel. Kyurem wont be attacking quickly, and lost remover sets him back quite a bit. If you try and set up Damagriius to protect kyurem, you will be behind on energy drops even more.
Id talk to the originator of this deck if you really want to build it, but I personally dont see it ever getting set up unless your opponent starts horribly.
Posted with Mobile style...

If your opponent cant OHKO the EX, why wouldnt they just catcher and KO the cofagrius/yamask?
I feel like the choice of kyurem and slippery soles vanilluxe was to allow for Hail Blizzard 120 each turn, while forcing your opponent to make Sophie's Choice. Do they slip into something that will definitely get KO'd by 120 or send up a beefy wall that might not be able to retreat next turn?
I'd say start with slip soles and KyuremEX and work your way up from there. Damagriius wont be a surprise no matter how you try and pull it off. It costs PC, on a stage 1. If your opponent is smart, you will not ever pull it off.
I think the hardest thing to deal with will be the lack of energy accel. Kyurem wont be attacking quickly, and lost remover sets him back quite a bit. If you try and set up Damagriius to protect kyurem, you will be behind on energy drops even more.
Id talk to the originator of this deck if you really want to build it, but I personally dont see it ever getting set up unless your opponent starts horribly.
Posted with Mobile style...

That's the idea. I mentioned Cofagrigus, because its used to heal a badly damaged Kyurem EX, while KO-ing the opponents' active pokémon via counter transfer. Cofagrigus is setup, only for that kind of emergency.

Because you have Vanilluxe's ability in the Kyurem deck, I dont think you need so many switches. I'd say take all but one of them out and replace them with Junk Arms. Btw I really like the idea, Im going to build a Kyurem deck also :). If you are going for a Vanilluxe theme, I suggest the Kyurem deck because Zekrom EX/Eelektrik has its own deck and would have too much going on. Also, you would be able to attack with the vanilluxe more consistently if need be in a worst case scenario. Cofagrigus is great in theory, but will dramatically decrease the consistency of the deck. It ends up being more of a liability than an asset.

This is a more refined list of the Kyurem Build (Zekrom one is discarded for me)
Kyurem EX/Vanilluxe NEX

Pokémon [24]
3-1-3 Vanilluxe NEX
2-2 Cofagrigus NVI46
4 Kyurem EX
1 Kyurem NVI
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Cleffa/Smeargle
2-2 Musharna NEX

Trainers [24]
4 N
3 PONT
1 Level Ball
4 Pokémon Collector
3 Pokémon Catcher
1 Switch
2 Junk Arm
3 Rare Candy
1 Pokémon Communication
1 Revive
1 Pokégear 3.0

Energies [12]
4 DCE
6 Water Energy
2 Rainbow Energy

Main attacker:
Kyurem EX (and tanking if in multiples)

2nd attacker:
Mewtwo EX (and for Counter KO other Mewtwo EX)

Supporters:
Vanilluxe NEX (for Slippery Soles)
Musharna NEX (Draw engine)
Cleffa (Starter, Draw Engine, anti bad-hands, sleeper tank)/Smeargle (Starter, Supporter's supporter, anti bad-hands)
Cofagrigus (Healer+Damage transfer)
Kyurem NVI (bench hitter)

-The basic idea is to bomb opponents' pokémon with a constant array of Frozen Wings (as 1st attack on T2, and when necessary) and/or Hail Blizzards (as soon as T3) via Slippery Soles (SS), because of Kyurem EX's restriction for Hail Blizzard.

-Also, SS works as Switch/semi-Pokémon Catcher to cycle through Active Pokémon/Bench w/o sacrificing trainer/Energy resources and messing with your opponents' plan.

-Cofagrigus' role is healer and damage-counters transfer, to heavy hit any active pokémon the opponent has (also, negating psychic resistance).

-Musharna's role is to draw an additional card during your turns and thus, giving card advantage. Also, as a semi N counter, when you're in low-card hands.

-Cleffa/Smeargle, are self-explaining, so no more about it.

-Kyurem NVI is for backup and bench hitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back