Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Venasaur Masquerain Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightYagami

I appreciate advice and heavy criticism because I'm a veteran player who has returned to Pokemon after a 3 year absence. Please help. I was thinking of running Leafeon lvl. X with it, but is that from MD b/c if so it's kind of pointless for me to do so. What set is it from? Anyway, here's mah deck. :thumb:

20 grass energies

2 copycats

2 bebe's search

1 unknown (look at top 5 cards of your deck and arrange them in any order.)

1 Bill

4 Surskits

4 Rare Candys

2 Life Herbs

1 Pokemon communication

1 pokemon collector

2 Heracross's.

1 Double Colorless energy (trying to get 3 more and I will take out a tropius and maybe a couple energiesfor the other 2 once I get them.)

1 Prof. Oak's New Theory

2 Dusk balls.

4 Bulbasaur's.

3 Ivysaur's (Platinum) If there are better legal Ivy's let me know please? KK.

4 Venasaur's

2 Masquerain's

1 Tropius

1 Pokegear (Thinking of taking that out for another supporter or double colorless energy.) Thoughts?

Help please. This has been a greatly updated deck since I last got it from its starter but it still needs improvement.

Apologies, this deck is just terrible x
20 Energy is just ridiculous, Do you realise decks nowadays are doing 60 turn 1, this deck will take forever to do decent damage. 8-12 energies is standard in the current metagame. In the space of some of the grass energy need to be more Double Colourless as you said.
Bill should never be played, because even though its not the best supporter ever, Emcee's Chatter has the exact same effect with the potential to draw an extra card on a flip. Personally I wouldnt use either and I would instead use a card like Cynthia's Feelings (LA)
3 Bebe's Search is standard in most decks but if youre seriously staying with such a heavy pokemon line, Id add in more Pokemon Communication. Supporters and Trainers are really important and there should be at least 20 in combination in every single deck. Life Herbs are flippy so I would remove them. Heracross is really poor and adds nothing to the deck so it too should be removed. Add 2 Uxie for draw power along with a Uxie Lv. X.
I dont rate either of them but if youre determined to use Venusaur and Masquerain, I would change the lines to 3-2-3 and 3-2 respectively, Dusk Ball needs to go, and I would add more Pokemon Collectors in their place. I have no idea which Tropius you are playing, but if it is the MT one as I suspect, it will be rotated out of the format in September, as the new modified will be MD - on. Bear that in mind. You need some techs to cover your Fire type weakness too.
I dont see any real synergy but if you are determined to play this deck I hope you appreciate the advice, as I am an experienced player who has been in the game 12 years now. Any more problems just ask, as a lot has changed since you played last, 'Til next time, Peace, Pyrocitor
xx :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Apologies, this deck is just terrible x
20 Energy is just ridiculous, Do you realise decks nowadays are doing 60 turn 1, this deck will take forever to do decent damage. 8-12 energies is standard in the current metagame. In the space of some of the grass energy need to be more Double Colourless as you said.
Bill should never be played, because even though its not the best supporter ever, Emcee's Chatter has the exact same effect with the potential to draw an extra card on a flip. Personally I wouldnt use either and I would instead use a card like Cynthia's Feelings (LA)
3 Bebe's Search is standard in most decks but if youre seriously staying with such a heavy pokemon line, Id add in more Pokemon Communication. Supporters and Trainers are really important and there should be at least 20 in combination in every single deck. Life Herbs are flippy so I would remove them. Heracross is really poor and adds nothing to the deck so it too should be removed. Add 2 Uxie for draw power along with a Uxie Lv. X.
I dont rate either of them but if youre determined to use Venusaur and Masquerain, I would change the lines to 3-2-3 and 3-2 respectively, Dusk Ball needs to go, and I would add more Pokemon Collectors in their place. I have no idea which Tropius you are playing, but if it is the MT one as I suspect, it will be rotated out of the format in September, as the new modified will be MD - on. Bear that in mind. You need some techs to cover your Fire type weakness too.
I dont see any real synergy but if you are determined to play this deck I hope you appreciate the advice, as I am an experienced player who has been in the game 12 years now. Any more problems just ask, as a lot has changed since you played last, 'Til next time, Peace, Pyrocitor
xx :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

In 2 and 1/2 months I am buying a booster box so that should set me up quite nicely. :D I had heard about the Cynthia's feelings card, but what set does that come from? My friends at my league recommended it to me but I totally forgot about the set that it came from. :( (I am looking for more Pokemon communication cards and I can get that through my card draw at my league.) What set are the Uxies from? I see in my league that a lot of people run those cards too. (I hate my deck atm and want to run something new, but I'm just saving up for a booster box and in 2 and a half months its mine!! :D) What set is Pokemon collector from? What set is all this stuff from?!! I am so confused, please help me with the sets and stuff. What booster box should I buy from? I hear HG SS is good because of the trainers.

To begin with, I'd format your deck like the following, so it's easier to read:

EXAMPLE:
60 cards

Pokemon:
4-3-4 Kingdra Prime
2-1 Uxie Lv. X (LA)

T/S/S: (Trainers, Supporters, Stadiums)
4 Rare Candy
4 Roseanne's Research

Energy:
4 Call Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy (DCE)
4 Water

That decklist format is a lot easier to read for everyone, and is a lot easier to put a decklist together for.

Now, on to the actual deck.

Drop Life Herb. It's my most hated Enemy, to begin with, and there are better cards out there. Pokehealer+ (Stormfront) heals 1 damage counter and all special conditions, or if you play 2 at the same time, remove 8 damage counters and all special conditions from that pokemon. If you really need healing, use Nidoqueen RR, which heals 1 inbetween turns.

If you're also trying to look up better versions of cards, use bebessearch.com or the research tower here on pokegym. And if you're trying to buy cards, go on Trolland toad, or check your local store's card stock.

Well if youre wanting Cynthias Feelings and Uxie/Uxie Lv. X they are from the Legends Awakened expansion, which I bought 2 booster boxes from and pulled 2 Uxie, 2 Cynthias Feelings and 1 Uxie Lv. X. So not great ratios. If youre wanting good trainers and supporters HGSS Unleashed is the way forward. If youre looking for a generally awesome booster box I personally recommend Platinum and Platinum: Arceus. They both contain cards that are used frequently in common metagame archetypes - Crobat G, Honchkrow G, Ampharos, Manectric, Charizard, Expert Belt, Broken Time Space, Dialga G Lv. X, Tangrowth Lv. X, Shaymin Lv. X etc. I think Platinum is the best generally because there are cards like Shuppet, BTS, Honchkrow G and Crobat G that are common and uncommon, so you would be expecting to pull 3 or 4 of each of these cardsw in a box. Well, thats my two pennies' worth, For now, Pyro x Peace

Yeah. Since the next format rotation is in august (and is MD-on) don't get anything from DP, Secret Wonders, Mysterious Treasures or Great Enounters. Legends awakened will be the oldest playable set, so Uxie and Uxie X will be important cards to own.

Yeah this is basically just a revised starter deck (sorry about the format I will edit when I'm feeling better) I just had my wisdom teeth taken out and I'm like bleeding over the keyboard lol. I found a site that has entire card lists with pics Pokemon merriman .com or something like that. Cool beans! This is just a temporary deck hopefully because it really is way too slow even though it is fun to play b/c of the special conditions. LA is a great set imo!

I was thinking of building a crobat lvl x and uxie deck, could that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back