Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Vending Series 3 Complete Set Peeled vs Unpeeled Value

Is a complete set of Vending Series 3 worth more if it is unpeeled or peeled? Also, I have a box of Vending Series 3 cards that was used to fill the machines in Japan, There are 100 random sheets in 2 separate bundles of 50. How much would it be worth?

-Joey

Here is a picture of the box: http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy276/ljgenco12/IMG_1287_zps6517eb7c.jpg

Logically, a complete unpeeled set would be worth more. While you can buy a complete unpeeled set and peel it, you can't buy a peeled set and unpeel it.

That's of course assuming that the set would be sold as a complete set and not individual cards. Certain cards might fetch a little more than average when sold individually (the Mewtwo in particular), but odds are most cards wouldn't sell at all. So, peeling and trying to sell the cards individually would probably be an awful idea.

Keep 'em unpeeled.

Logically, a complete unpeeled set would be worth more. While you can buy a complete unpeeled set and peel it, you can't buy a peeled set and unpeel it.

That's of course assuming that the set would be sold as a complete set and not individual cards. Certain cards might fetch a little more than average when sold individually (the Mewtwo in particular), but odds are most cards wouldn't sell at all. So, peeling and trying to sell the cards individually would probably be an awful idea.

Keep 'em unpeeled.

While I agree with you on the fact that unpeeled will almost always be better (value wise) than peeled; to say that most cards won't sell at all is not realistic in my opinion. These cards have become increasing popular over the years due to (most of them) having unique artwork that has not been reprinted in English versions.

Even the lowest cards in this set should easily sell for $1-$2 a piece. There are 53 cards in this particular set, and some of them sell for more than the $1-2 I stated above. These cards are the most popular ones in the set:

Mewtwo - $5
Scyther - $3
Kangaskhan - $3
Ooyama's Pikachu - $10-$15
the 3 Imakuni? cards - $5-$7 each
Bill's PC - $5-$7

The unpeeled set sells for roughly $80-$90 on it's own. However, you could make close to that (possibly more) if you sold the cards individually. I believe this to be a case were an item is worth about the same, regardless of it being (un)peeled.

While I agree with you on the fact that unpeeled will almost always be better (value wise) than peeled; to say that most cards won't sell at all is not realistic in my opinion. These cards have become increasing popular over the years due to (most of them) having unique artwork that has not been reprinted in English versions.

Even the lowest cards in this set should easily sell for $1-$2 a piece. There are 53 cards in this particular set, and some of them sell for more than the $1-2 I stated above. These cards are the most popular ones in the set:

Mewtwo - $5
Scyther - $3
Kangaskhan - $3
Ooyama's Pikachu - $10-$15
the 3 Imakuni? cards - $5-$7 each
Bill's PC - $5-$7

The unpeeled set sells for roughly $80-$90 on it's own. However, you could make close to that (possibly more) if you sold the cards individually. I believe this to be a case were an item is worth about the same, regardless of it being (un)peeled.

Maybe, until you factor in the additional cost of shipping dozens of individual items versus a single set of 18 sheets.

But, hey, if you want to peel them, be my guest! Makes the value of my unpeeled ones increase. :biggrin:

Maybe, until you factor in the additional cost of shipping dozens of individual items versus a single set of 18 sheets.

But, hey, if you want to peel them, be my guest! Makes the value of my unpeeled ones increase. :biggrin:

Also, I think we both missed this. Joey has 100 sheets sealed in the box, something that I don't see hit the market too much. Overall, you may have 2-3 complete sets of vending series 3 inside that thing, who knows.

The value of the box in your possession Joey is easily $200+, but you won't know for sure until you put it up on the market and allow buyers to make offers. In this case though, as stated above, it would probably be a better idea to just keep it sealed. If it were just the 18 sheets of the set, then it could go either way.

Remember the bill pc was only in the first run.. after the mail in giveaway promotion was over.. it was replaced

Back