Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Venomoth vs Feraligatr

speeder

If I use Venomoth (SW) attack Disturbance Dive which prevents effects of attacks except for damage, against Feraligatr (MT). When it is Feraligatr's turn, what happens to his energy cyclone attack? (assume feraligatr has two water energy attached, and there are 4 water energy in his hand, and gatr wants to do 80 damage)

I think that Gatr's attack goes through, and the 4 energy in his hand gets shuffled in, since none of these effects are on Venomoth.

as a follow up, is the shuffling of the energy an effect of the attack? or is it a condition of the attack? Is there a distinction?

Finally, if there is a non-self-referencing effect cancelling attack (hope this makes sense), would it prevent energy cyclone attack? ie, I do an attack whose effect is "Prevent all effects of an attack excluding damage on the opponents next turn" I realize this may be a hypothetical, as I don't know if there is a pokemon with this attack.

None of the energy card calculations or manipulations are effects on Venomoth, so it happens as normal.

We don't answer hypotheticals in this forum. Hard enough to keep actual card rulings straight!

Back