Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Vilegar against g-dos

kamz

how does vilegar beat g-dos. are there any counters. they get rid of trainers with regice and they can seeker if i shadow room.

gyarados usually will win against vilegar. but, if you can keep the lock all game you have a chance.
The matchup is worse than it was at BR's because now gyara has rescue energy and can return KO's quicker.
So basicly, if you can keep the lock all game, and if you're lucky on fainting spell flips, it'll be winnable.
Now of course you can add your own rescue energies, then things get interesting.

^^Crobats get passed Rescue Energy ^_^. After that point you just have to take Fainting Spell head on unless you have a way to pull out and KO Vileplume.

I think it all determines on luck and poltergeist early game since late game they usually have no trainers. Just take cheap KOs or spread damage on pixies and compound pain. I didn;t realize till a few days ago at cities that Gyarados has a slightly favorable matchup against vilegar because of rescue/regice. Oh and get lucky with fainting spell.
As you saw in Masters, all the Vilegar decks were losing to gyarados after going like 3-0.

P.S. Me and Kristy are going to Temecula Cities next week :p

^^Crobats get passed Rescue Energy ^_^. After that point you just have to take Fainting Spell head on unless you have a way to pull out and KO Vileplume.

Saying that Crobat G gets past Rescue Energy against Gyarados is extremely misleading. Crobat G only works if the opponent has 10 HP left (or 20 if you're going to burn a Seeker to use your Crobat twice through your own Trainerlock). This means that you need to get the Gyarados down to 10-20 HP and then drop Crobats on the following turn to seal the deal. Have fun spending 2-4 turns doing 120 damage to Gyarados with Gengar's obscenely underpowered attacks, only to have them Warp Energy-Seeker it all off before you have a chance to get past their Rescue Energy.

Saying that Crobat G gets past Rescue Energy against Gyarados is extremely misleading. Crobat G only works if the opponent has 10 HP left (or 20 if you're going to burn a Seeker to use your Crobat twice through your own Trainerlock). This means that you need to get the Gyarados down to 10-20 HP and then drop Crobats on the following turn to seal the deal. Have fun spending 2-4 turns doing 120 damage to Gyarados with Gengar's obscenely underpowered attacks, only to have them Warp Energy-Seeker it all off before you have a chance to get past their Rescue Energy.

I was referring to Gyarados using Crobats to bypass Vilegars Rescue energies.

I was referring to Gyarados using Crobats to bypass Vilegars Rescue energies.

you would still need 2, or use seeker to use it again

i have noticed blaziken fb can help vilegar a lot in this matchup

luring flame on regice can lead gyaradoshaving some problems if they dont have a warp in their hand
and it can kill dialga

but i dont see why regice can discard more than a few trainers anyway, any good trainer would kill the regice in a couple turns with shadow room

But if they do have the Warp Energy, it's a free prize. That's probably not something I would rely on.
Killing Regice in a couple turns is probably the right play, but that's two turns that you're not attacking anything else, and it's also 4 Trainers in the discard pile.

Back