Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Vilegar (Masters, for BRs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solemn_Party

Yet another deck for Battle Roads!

Vileplume got a lot of hype, and is a perfect match with Gengar SF, one of the most feared cards in the game.

Vilegar
60 Cards

Pokemon: 24
4-3-3-1 Gengar X
2-2-2 Vileplume UD
4 Spiritomb AR
2 Uxie
1 Unown Q

T/S/S: 24
3 Broken Time-Space
2 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Looker’s Investigation
4 Professor Oak’s New Theory
3 Bebe’s Search
2 Interviewer’s Questions
2 Palmer’s Contribution

Energy: 12
5 Psychic
4 Call Energy
3 Warp Energy

Strategy: Vileplume UD, one of the most the most hyped cards in the MD-On format, locks all trainer cards from either side, which is perfect to go with Gengar SF, whose Poltergeist does x30 the trainers, supporters, and stadiums in your opponent's hand.

The Main Problem: The mirror match. My entire hand is going to be supporters.

Last edited:
Vileyplume, huh? It really is a beast card, though. Murders SP when it gets out there.

Do you really need 4 Collectors?

I think you should add a few Copycats instead of PONT and maybe Azelf LA.

PONT's kinda necessary, though. I might drop 1 PONT and 1 Looker's for 2 Copycats, since a lot of decks build huge hands under it.

As far as Azelf LA, I don't have one on hand to put into the deck. Otherwise, I'd probably put it in there.

bro, IMO the champ isn't needed. for mirror, ditto. a vilegar w/ ditto will beat the vilegar without, no questions asked.

bro, IMO the champ isn't needed. for mirror, ditto. a vilegar w/ ditto will beat the vilegar without, no questions asked.

Good point. What should I drop the 1-1-1 Machamp and 2 Fighting for, then? I need to put in a Warp at the very least.

Also, what BRs are you planning on going to? I'm gonna be in milford next sunday.

Well, the deck won league yesterday with + 1 Uxie X, so I think the list is working well, but still needs more work!

---------- Post added 10/05/2010 at 10:53 AM ----------

What should I drop the 2 Rare Candies and 1 Luxury Ball for? I kinda just want to drop them, they've been slowing me down a lot.

Well, despite the fact that Gyarados is mostly Trainers, the builds are beginning to run 1-1 Dialga GX with warp energies, so the deck can still wreck me if I'm failing on fainting spells.

Did you consider judge? it sounds strange in Vilegar, but it helps with the mirror, and can screw up sp fairly well. I use it in almost all of my decks, so i think it will work fairly well.

Did you consider judge? it sounds strange in Vilegar, but it helps with the mirror, and can screw up sp fairly well. I use it in almost all of my decks, so i think it will work fairly well.

Well, that's mostly the reason I run Lookers. I can screw them up if I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back