Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Vileplume Counter for Sablelock?

DragonClyne725

I need a way to counter Vileplume, is a 2-1/1-1 Blaziken FB a good idea??

Are there any other techs for Sablelock that can counter Vileplume??

Zangoose PL is a semi-decent tech against vileplume as you can drag it to the active position, forcing them to pay 2 retreat cost or use warp energy.

Blaziken and Zangoose is the biggest problems for Vileplume. I think it is only natural to expect that SP decks will start to roll towards Blazikena and Fire decks right now. Grass and Metal Fire weak types have gotten a big upgrade with Undaunted added to the new format.

Honestly, if they get a Vileplume up Sabelock's not doing its job. A stage 2 should be basically impossible to get out in that matchup. However, if you do end up facing one, a 1-1 Blaziken tech should be more than sufficient to take care of that little problem. :)

Or maybe they'll tech a 1-1 dialga line along with warp energy, since you know it won worlds. It's simple to work with and it answers so many other things.

Or maybe they'll tech a 1-1 dialga line along with warp energy, since you know it won worlds. It's simple to work with and it answers so many other things.

For once I agree with you 100%. Again another option to use could also be a Muk line from UD....You know....that one that has that attack like Blaziken, but poisons and confuses instead. Oh yea, and its a psychic type....and has an attack that will ohko Vileplume...

Honestly, if they get a Vileplume up Sabelock's not doing its job. A stage 2 should be basically impossible to get out in that matchup. However, if you do end up facing one, a 1-1 Blaziken tech should be more than sufficient to take care of that little problem. :)

Idk about that. I played 12 games against sablock with my bellosom/vileplume deck and was able to get out vileplume every game that I didn't get T1'd (so 10 games, I got T1'd twice)

^dude, what are you talking about. Vileplume has 120 hp, You can't play poketurns. So unless you play 4 crobat, that won't work.

Maybe I just suck at Sableye, but I've been able to get up a Vileplume pretty consistently despite Sableye's efforts...

does sablelock really need a counter against vileplume? they are locked themselves, and for sablelock, that just means snipe all day, although you have to put in a little effort for 1 more energy on honchkrow or garchomp, you will probably still get a prize every 1-2 turns. And if they play tomb, sableye will be enjoying those 1 hko.

Back