Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Vileplume for City's??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fayt255

Here's a possible deck for city's. It's obviously in need of work so suggestions are welcome.
Pokemon(23)
3x Vileplume
1x Bellossom
2x Gloom
4x Oddish
2x Togekiss
1x Togetic
2x Togepi
1x Gallade
1x Gardevoir
1x Kirlia
2x Ralts
1x Claydol
1x Baltoy
1x Exeggcute

Trainers (16)
1x Cynthia's
3x Bebe's
3x Roseanne's
4x Rare Candy
1x Tech Machine TS-2
1x PokeRadar
1x Night Maintenance
2x Energy Restore

Energy (21)
7x grass
10x Psychic
4x Fighting

Vileplume: Possibly one of the most abusive benched pokemon, except against gengar. Vileplume is the main attacker, doing 60 + preventing all trainer/supporter/stadiums from your opponent with heads. Also is amazing benched: auto poison when attaching psychic energy or auto sleep when attaching grass. Again, the problem here is almost universal psychic weakness.

Togekiss: Powers up Vileplume, also not a bad attacker, and has resistance in the unlikely instance of a prevalent fighting type deck

Gardy/Gallade: Fun techs before Stormfront. Gallade remains a powerhouse, even with a weakness, and gardy can use supporters. However, due to the gengar/dusknoirs, i an considering taking them out.

Claydol: -2, + up to 6. That's about it.

The only way that vileplume and bellosom are gonna be played is straight up T2 Bellawesome.
4-2-2-4 (2 vile 4 bell)
2 Unown R
2-2 Claydol

or just vileplume in poison decks

i like this, but i have a different take.

first, random exeggcute? is that for call for family? if so, why only 1, what are the chances of getting it? and 2, why exeggcute? pachirisu ge is most effective at that.

the garde/gallade techs are interesting, but i think they stress the rare candies and will only be a nuisance.

also, i dont think i like togekiss in this, who is also needing that rare candy. attaching mass nrg in one fell swoop like that doesnt allow you to take advantage of vileplume's power. the better option by far in this case is leafeon lvl. x. you could attach both a grass and a psychic to vileplume, and do both sleep and poison! (though i understand if you dont have a leafeon x, because i dont. >< lame.)

ideally poke wise, i say (23):
4-2-3-1 Vileplume/Bellossom
3-2-1 Leafeon Lvl. X
1 Espeon
2-2 Claydol
2 Unown G

G, as you probably know, would be a great addition to this power-heavy deck.

nrg wise id go (14):
3 Call
6 grass
5 psychic

t/s/s (23):
4 bebe
4 roseanne
1 lux ball
1 cynthia
1 night maintenance
4 rare candy
2 dawn stadium
2 tgw
4 pokeblower+

tgw for more t/s/s disruption, since you cant always flip heads. pokeblower+ to blow in their claydol for the ko

tech wise, consider a 1-1 weezing ge for double poison, or a 1-1 cherrim sf for added damage instead of part of the leafeon line or the g's.
hope this helped!
-renfield

Last edited:
"random exeggcute? is that for call for family? is so, why only 1, what are the chances of getting it? and 2, why exeggcute? pachirisu ge is most effective at that.

the garde/gallade techs are interesting, but i think they stress the rare candies and will only be a nuisance.

also, i dont think i like togekiss in this, who is also needing that rare candy. attaching mass nrg in one fell swoop like that doesnt allow you to take advantage of vileplume's power. the better option by far in this case is leafeon lvl. x. you could attach both a grass and a psychic to vileplume, and do both sleep and poison! (though i understand if you dont have a leafeon x, because i dont. >< lame.)

ideally poke wise, i say (21):
4-2-3-1 Vileplume/Bellossom
2-2-1 Leafeon Lvl. X
1 Espeon
2-2 Claydol
2 Unown G

G, as you probably know, would be a great addition to this power-heavy deck.

nrg wise id go (14):
3 Call
6 grass
5 psychic

t/s/s (24):
4 bebe
4 roseanne
1 lux ball
1 cynthia
2 night maintenance
4 rare candy
2 dawn stadium
2 tgw
4 pokeblower+

tgw for more t/s/s disruption, since you cant always flip heads. poeblower+ to blow in their claydol for the ko

tech wise, consider a 1-1 weezing ge for double poison, or a 1-1 cherrim sf for added damage.
hope this helped!"

Yea unfortunately this is a budget deck. -shot-. If fact i rarely put gardy and gallade to use so that is an interesting view. Without them i could fit in:
-2ralts, 1 kirlia, gardy, gallade= -5
+1->1Cherim or 1->1 weezing
im not sure how to use pokeblower

PokeBlower+ (Trainer)

You can play 2 copies of this card at the same time.
If you play 1 copy, flip a coin. If heads, put 1 damage counter on 1 of your opponents Pokemon.
If you play 2 copies, you may choose 1 of your opponents Benched Pokemon and switch it with the Defending Pokemon.

---
Get one copy and use it only if absolutely necessary for a ko. Otherwise, hold it in your hand and claydol away until you come across a second one, and play both at the same time. Then you can switch the defending poke with a bench of your choice.

Also, if you dont have pachirisu ge, corsola sw can be just as good if you stick to togepi. get 3 different types of basics for a colorless (ie oddish, togepi, and baltoy!)

Last edited:
PokeBlower+ (Trainer)

You can play 2 copies of this card at the same time.
If you play 1 copy, flip a coin. If heads, put 1 damage counter on 1 of your opponents Pokemon.
If you play 2 copies, you may choose 1 of your opponents Benched Pokemon and switch it with the Defending Pokemon.

---
Get one copy and use it only if absolutely necessary for a ko. Otherwise, hold it in your hand and claydol away until you come across a second one, and play both at the same time. Then you can switch the defending poke with a bench of your choice.

fun. what about this, because i dnt have a leafeon lv x:
4-2-3-1 vileplume/bellossom
pachirisu
2-2 claydol
2-1-2 togekiss
1-1 weezing
2 unown g

4 candy
cynthia's
tgw
3 roseanne's
3 bebe's
2 Radar
luxury ball
night maintenance
2 energy restore

6x :grass:
10x :psychic:
2x :fighting:

I would still go with the maxed roseanne and bebe over pokeradar, but to each his own. =]
looks good. good luck!

lol i wish i could say i disagree. it's not that i don't like those cards it's just that i only have 3 of each lol.

Ever try a vileplume/status deck, like Shaymin (when it comes out), or even Gliscor, a stage 1 who does 80 if they have a status, and even inflicts status himself.

Another combo card with Vileplume is Sceptile SF. With it you could attach a Grass energy to Vileplume every turn, putting them to sleep, and then just Energy Trans it on to something else. Possibly preventing them from playing trainers AND giving them a constant 50/50 chance of attacking/retreating would certainly be disruptive.

Also, Multi energy provides both Sleep and Poison simultaneously when you attach it, so it wouldn't hurt to get 4 of those in here.

if your gonna play execute for this deck i would play pachies the call for family one so you could get 3 basics way better

Ever try a vileplume/status deck, like Shaymin (when it comes out), or even Gliscor, a stage 1 who does 80 if they have a status, and even inflicts status himself.

I can't remember what shaymin does, if you could link me that that would be great. I think that gliscor is a good idea except my fear is an energy drought. If i were to put in a 3-3-1 gliscor line or even 3-3, i'd take out the 2-1-2 togekiss and a g i think.

multi energy is also a good idea; i just didn't include it originally due to togekiss

Shaymin LV.42 – Grass – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[G] Flower Aroma: 10 damage. Remove 2 damage counters from Shaymin, and the Defending Pokemon is now Asleep.
[G][C] Damage Aid: 30 damage. If the Defending Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition, this attack does an additional 50 damage. Then, remove all Special Conditions from the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: Fire (+20)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 1

Shaymin LV.X – Grass – HP100
Level Up

Poke-Body: Sense of Gratitude
Each of your Grass-type Pokemon in play (excluding any Shaymin) has its maximum HP increased by 40. This Body stops working if you already have another Sense of Gratitude Poke-Body in effect.

[G][C][C] Seed Flare: 40 damage. You may choose any number of Grass Energy in your hand and attach them to your Pokemon in any way you like. If you do, this attack does an additional 20 damage for each Energy card you attach.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 1

if u want to use vileplume, use this list for pokemon/energy
4 oddish
2 gloom
2 bellosom
3 vileplume
2 baltoy
2 claydol
1 azelf
1 azelf x

for nrgy
5 grass
6 psychic
4 multi

you can just use your own trainer/supporter line, but this pokemon, and especially trainer line is extremely good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back