Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Virginia Gym Challenge- Sat. June 11th

Sensei

Team Compendium Emeritus
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
:pokeball: Virginia Gym Challenge! :pokeball:

Who is going to win the Virginia Gym Challenge?Only 3 great players will!

Come join the fun! Think you`re good enough to win the sweet one of a kind Virgina Gym Challenge trophy and Winner pin? Are YOU up to the challenge? Want to have fun trying? Want to have a chance to win A NINTENDO DS Bundle pack or other cool door prizes? Then c`mon down and join us for a day of Pokemon fun and prizes galore in this absolute free tournament!

Make sure you have your POP ID# or if you don`t have one, we will provide you with one. See everyone on Saturday, June 11th!!!

`Sensei

p.s. Check below for getting TWO chances to win the door prizes!!!

p.s.s. This post is always prone to be updated with more Door prizes and other fun stuff at any time! :smile:

TOURNAMENT INFO

Date: Saturday June 11th

Time: Registration is from 10-11am. Tourney starts shortly thereafter.

14400 Smoketown Rd.
Woodbridge, Va. 22192
(703) 551-4200

Entry Fee: FREE!!! <----- Say what?

Tournament structure:Modified Constructed Format and Age Modified Swiss (unless big enough to split the groups).

PRIZE INFO

Everyone who registers receives a Gym Challenge stamped promo card, while supplies last!!

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category. Our age categories are 10 & Under, 11-14, and 15 and up. The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place

- An invitation to the Pokémon TCG World Championships™ in 2005
- A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championships
- 36 booster packs of the most current Pokémon TCG expansion

2nd Place

- 18 booster packs of the most current Pokémon TCG expansion

3rd & 4th Place

- 9 booster packs of the most current Pokémon TCG expansion

5th thru 8th Place

- 4 booster packs of the most current Pokémon TCG expansion

DOOR PRIZES WOOT!!! :clap:

Top Door Prize!: A NINTENDO DS Bundle Pack*!!! <---- Look!

• A Pokemon Yahtzee Game
• A Pokemon Wall Clock
• A motorized Japanese Clefairy model
• A Corphish small plush
• 2 Pokemon Sticker Packages
• 2 Pokemon Sticker packages
• A Glow in the Dark Pikachu Keychain

Want to have TWO chances to win the Nintendo DS Bundle Pack and the other cool door prizes? All you have to do is bring someone who has never played in one my tournaments and you will be given a SECOND ticket for the drawing. Not only that, the new player also receives two tickets It`s that simple! TWO chances to win for both of you! WHOA!!!

FUN CONTEST: Guess the Damage Counters!

I`m offering this fun contest for everyone to have a chance to win a Jumbo Torchic Plush!!! What you do is try to guess the amount of Damage Counters in the jar. Closest person to the correct # of Damage counters in the jar wins the prize! In case of a tie, the winner will be decided randomly by die roll between the tied contestants. Anyone can enter this contest (meaning parents and siblings of players can enter) but each person only gets one guess slip to cast their best guess. You must be present to win.

FUN CONTEST #2 : Coloring Contest!

Like to win a Pichu or Marril plush given out in this contest? 2 random winners will be chosen for the grand prizes in this contest. One winner will receive a Pichu plush and the other winner will receive the Marril plush. The pictures to be colored will be provided on site along with crayons or you can even bring in one you colored yourself at home!!

Note: Decklists will be required and checked beforehand.Blank copies available on site but you can also download one HERE by clicking on "Deck Registration Sheet"(Not the DCI one).-A big thanx to Marril2k for giving us permission to use.

* Nintendo DS Bundle Pack consists of: a Nintendo DS, a Supermario64 game for Nintendo DS, a pack of extra "Stylus", and a pack of screen protectors for the DS.

Last edited:
Thanks, Sensei, for getting the GC in before I leave for Japan!! Team Ivy will be there, uh-huh!!

Just an FYI: POP has stated on their site the GC`s that the Finals (Top "x") will be single elim (and they had the Regionals as best of 3 single elim Finals).

`Sensei

Last edited:
It was cool to meet you Mike at the Eastern Regionals. Good luck with this event and all future events you hold.

~ Matt

Sensei said:
Just an FYI: POP has stated on their site the GC`s are single elim (and they had the Regionals as best of 3 single elim).

`Sensei
A single elimination tournament would be fun, and fast, but I know you mean the top X will be single elim, not the tournament itself.

What is the Tournament Structure?
The Tournament is run using the Modified Format and Age Modified Swiss pairings. See the Pokémon Tournament Rules for information about the Modified Format and Age Modified Swiss. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event.

After Swiss rounds are complete, there will be a cut to single-elimination finals. The number of players to qualify for the finals will be dependent upon the total attendance in each age bracket.

Can you smell it everybody? Yupp thats right, Team FAT are making their big return. Rodney and I have been playtesting, figuring out what were going to play, and trying out as many decks as possible. We are gonna guarrantee that we bring our absolute best decks. Team FAT is coming back bigger and fatter then ever.

A single elimination tournament would be fun, and fast, but I know you mean the top X will be single elim, not the tournament itself.

Doh! Yeah, kinda forgot to post that weeee little bit of info. Thanks for posting that Dave! I`ll edit it in.

Congrats Sean. See ya there.

Thanks Prime. It was great to meet ya finally. See ya at Nats?

Thanks Toni. You guys rock too!

Daniel...oh no...the smell is gonna reek the whole store. I better buy a box of Lysol and put air fresheners around the store! :lol:

`Sensei

Last edited:
Sorry Sensei, but as of right now, I'm not going to be able to make it. I won't know for sure for at least another week, but I'll let you know by then.

Back