Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Virginia States, Saturday, March 18 (at last!)

totoro

Yes, Virginia, there is a State Championship!!

TOURNAMENT INFO:

Date: SATURDAY March 18, 2006

Time: Registration is from 10-10:45 A.M. Please arrive promptly!! Tourney starts promptly at 11:00.

14400 Smoketown Rd.
Woodbridge, Va. 22192
(703) 551-4200
Make sure to have your POP# if you have one! If you need a POP ID #, one will be provided for you onsite.
Deck Lists are required (of course) please download and fill out the list here http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/content/events/docs/State_Deck_Form.pdf Blank lists will be provided on site, but any players who have not arrived and checked their decks by 10:45 may receive a round 1 loss.

Entry Fee: FREE

Tournament structure: The Tournament is run using the Modified Constructed Format and Age Modified Swiss pairings. Podded Swiss will be used if attendance warrants. See the Pokémon Floor Rules for information about the Modified Format. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event. There will be a cut to finals. Finals will be played in a best two of three format with a 1 hour time limit.

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category (10 & Under, 11-14, and 15 and up)
Participants will receive a Pokémon TCG State Championships promo card, a commemorative State Championships pin, and four (4) POP Series Two 2-card promo packs while supplies last!
The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place
• A Pokémon TCG State Champion Trophy
• A $300 travel allowance to attend the Origins International Game Expo and participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships. This award will be given on-site at Nationals.
• Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
• 36 booster packs of Pokémon TCG: EX Legend Maker
• Other cool Pokémon Merchandise!

2nd Place
• 16 booster packs of the Pokémon TCG: EX Legend Maker

3rd & 4th Place
• 8 booster packs of the Pokémon TCG: EX Legend Maker

5th through 8th Place
• 4 booster packs of the Pokémon TCG: EX Legend Maker

Coloring Contest
Open to all!! Random winner will receive a Spinda Plushie!!

Door Prizes
Top Door Prize:
Nintendo DS Mario Cart Bundle!!

Others:
Pokemon Plushies (Torkoal, Poochyena, Sableye, Spoink, and the ever-popular Munchlax)
Deluxe Gift Set Featuring Moltres
Action Figure Set (Dark Type 10th Anniversary)
Action Figure Set (Normal Type 10th Anniversary featuring "State Mascot" Loudred!!)

Extra Special:
Hand delivered today 2/26 by a Japanese friend of mine, I have Japanese "Holon Phantom" Packs to give away each round prior to the top cut. These packs were specially brought over for me just cause I luv you guys!!

Special Note: Please be aware that States are a “one and done” this year. Players who have won a previous 2006 State Championship may not participate in the Virginia State Championship!!

Hope to see everyone there!!

Mr. T.

Last edited:
yay!!!!!

wow, that's a lot of prizes for first place. Really compensates for not being allowed into another States if you have already won one.

What time do you expect the tournament to end?

Last edited:
ShadowCard said:
What time do you expect the tournament to end?

When Game Parlor kicks us out??

Seriously, this one could take a while. I've never done a full "cut to finals with an hour time limit" before.. That's why it's extremely important to start on time (I will enforce the 1st round loss to all late-comers, sorry) I expect 4-5 rounds of prelims, then the finals...

But, hey, it's a State Championship, right??

SWEEEETNESSS. I freaked out because my drum recital is in march as well. But I just discovered that its the week before states. so I'm definitly there.

can't wait.
I have people at my league who want to go but need a ride. But I want to go with my friends I normally go with *inner struggle*. Of course, most of them will be 14- so i don't have to worry about competition :tongue: .

*looks to Midlothian-ers* y'alls who copied my deck better not be playing in my age division :nonono: :cool: . As for ludicolous, I may have to deal with him personally :eek: :lol:

ShadowCard said:
can't wait.
I have people at my league who want to go but need a ride. But I want to go with my friends I normally go with *inner struggle*. Of course, most of them will be 14- so i don't have to worry about competition :tongue: .

*looks to Midlothian-ers* y'alls who copied my deck better not be playing in my age division :nonono: :cool: . As for ludicolous, I may have to deal with him personally :eek: :lol:

What deck did he copy?

Psy Master is gonna be doing a lot of checking who is behind him at States :wink:

Yeah, I'll be asking around my league next week to get initial numbers on if the 10- and 11-14 division is coming :tongue: . It's funny, I mention Patrick's name and this one kid at my league, who Patrick beat at the Prerelease, gets all defensive about how he lost. Knows Patrick for less than a day but Patrick's name seems to have been quite tramatic for him :lol: .
I'll also have to check on who can make it Rockville too.

My goal: to flood the tournament with my league players. That way, probability says at least a few of the people at my league should make the finals <_< . Rockville may be a little more tricky, however *sighs*

Back