Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Virginia's 2009 Autumn Battle Road Info!!

totoro

Virginia’s Autumn Battle Road 2009 Schedule—Come to one near you or follow the road to hit all 6!!

September 20 Fredericksburg, VA*
411 Chatham Heights Rd, Suite 101
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
(No prereg)
Reg begins at 11:00, players not in line by 11:45 are late!

September 26 Fairfax, VA
9650 Main St.
Fairfax, VA 22031
(prereg online at http://sites.google.com/site/virginiapokemon/preregistration
Reg begins at 10:00, players not in line by 10:45 are late!!

September 27 Midlothian, VA
11031 Hull Street Rd.
Midlothian, VA 23112
(call store to prereg at (804) 276- PLAY)
Reg begins at 11:00, players not in line by 11:45 are late!!

October 3 Warrenton, VA
251 W. Lee Highway, Suite 699
Warrenton, VA 20186
(No prereg—please bring a chair!)

October 4 Virginia Beach, VA
5196 Fairfield Shopping Center
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
(No prereg)

October 10 Harrisonburg, VA*
625-C Mt. Clinton Pike
Harrisonburg, VA 22802
(No prereg)

*New Pokémon Premier Event Venue!!

Yes, these are FREE Events!!
In addition to the standard TPCi prizing of 4/4/2/2, each of my tournaments will feature a door prize giveaway of a set of Arceus sleeves straight from Japan! Additionally, any tournament with a total attendance of 40 or more will receive an additional brand new door prize from Japan–Hint: once you’ve sleeved your deck, where does it go??
Note: Due to the anticipated size of the Fairfax event, registration/deck checks will begin one hour before the other events. Likewise, a player in line past 10:45 in Fairfax may be marked as "Late" to the event. Players must be in line by 11:45 at each of the other venues.

Last edited:
I think I preregistered for Fairfax. It told me to take note of the time at which I submitted my information, so I wrote it down. Does that mean I'm on the list? I'm confused. ;/

ooo, DarthPika may grace us with his presence. Hopefully at an event I'm playing at. He has such an appreciation for my rogue ideas :lol:

I think I preregistered for Fairfax. It told me to take note of the time at which I submitted my information, so I wrote it down. Does that mean I'm on the list? I'm confused. ;/
Yeah, you're first on the list :wink:

When it says to note the time when you submit, when the timestamp log is updated (usually about midnight), it is that time you will be looking for on the list. You'll understand once there's an update to the list.

6!!?

Ugg... MD doesn't have ANY up yet. :(

I guess we'll see if we can make it to 1/2 of these.

I know for a fact that Rockville will have an event that will not conflict with any Virginia date. Hmm, DP, if you only make it to one-half of an event does that mean that you run out of gas on the way???? :biggrin:

Hmm, DP, if you only make it to one-half of an event does that mean that you run out of gas on the way???? :biggrin:

No, he'll get there, but forget his deck/not preregister/show up late/get DQed.:lol:

I should be at all except VA Beach and Midlo, as usual. Beware of the dice.:tongue::wink:

I know for a fact that Rockville will have an event that will not conflict with any Virginia date. Hmm, DP, if you only make it to one-half of an event does that mean that you run out of gas on the way???? :biggrin:

No, it means I'll pull a Spencer and not show up at the State championship in my OWN state. :tongue:

Finally, a premier event on my home turf! Anyway, I expect a decent number of my League players to be there (as well as myself).

I might try to hit Warrenton and Fairfax also, but I'll know for sure soon.

Why do Fredericksburg(ers) always go North and never South?? My "home" store is 55 mins South of Fredericksburg, virtually the same distance as either Ffax or Warrenton!!

Why do Fredericksburg(ers) always go North and never South?? My "home" store is 55 mins South of Fredericksburg, virtually the same distance as either Ffax or Warrenton!!

AND... it's right off of the highway... lol

That's a really good question :confused:

Perhaps it has something to do with their league day being on Sunday?

That is one of the great mysteries of our area...

No, seriously, ShadowCard has a very good point. Of course I would love to get my league players to come down there but the fact that it's on a Sunday doesn't really help out too much.

It's not that there's a problem with the area, it's just the timing.

Perhaps it has something to do with their league day being on Sunday?

That is one of the great mysteries of our area...

No, seriously, ShadowCard has a very good point. Of course I would love to get my league players to come down there but the fact that it's on a Sunday doesn't really help out too much.

It's not that there's a problem with the area, it's just the timing.

Does that apply to TOURNAMENTS too ??

I actually see NoVA players come down, but Fredericksburg (which is like an hour closer?) can't find Midlo ? ? ? :eek:

You get to Midlo quicker than ME!

Does that apply to TOURNAMENTS too ??

I actually see NoVA players come down, but Fredericksburg (which is like an hour closer?) can't find Midlo ? ? ? :eek:
NoVA players =/= Fairfax league players :wink: . I'm not aware of anyone from the leagues going down to Midlothian. Maybe they're from NoVA, but I don't think they're from the leagues, or they didn't tell me anything about the event if they go.

It's hard to get league players to attend tournaments at an away location. Hey, it's hard to get them to attend tournaments at the home location :lol: . For one thing, it's Modified format. Even if their decks are infact Modified, I think identifying it as such may have a negative psychological impact. I wonder if dropping the term "modified" and instead saying "no cards before D/P" would make a difference.
As I was saying, to go from playing at league to playing at an away tournament is quite a big leap.

Back