Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Virginia's HeartGold SoulSilver Prereleases

totoro

Everything old is new again!! Meganium/Feraligatr/Typhlosion--who is YOUR favorite??

Saturday, January 30: Fairfax (Hobby Works)
Online Preregistration required--link below
Address: 9650 Main St, Fairfax, 22031
Preregistered players should arrive for flight 1 at 11:00
Preregistered players should arrive for flight 2 at 3:00
These events are BIG, so please preregister at Virginia Pokémon Due to time constraints at this venue, there will be no lunch breaks!

Friday, February 12 rescheduled due to snow: Midlothian (Battle City Games)
Address: Victorian Square Shopping Center, 11031 Hull Street Rd, Midlothian, 23112 (between Anna's Pizza and Saigon Gourmet--look for Empoleon in the window!)
Registration time: 5:45 PM—6:30 PM
Give Cary or Daryl a call at (804) 276-7529 to preregister. (Store is CLOSED Mon and Tues!!) We can accommodate a lot, but it's nice to know how many tables to set up in advance!!

Saturday February 20 rescheduled due to snow: Warrenton (Hobbies, etc)
My friend and colleague PTO Mike Mattingly will be in the house to get you guys your HGSS cards!!
Address: 251 W. Lee Highway, Suite 699 , Warrenton, 20186
Registration time: noon—12:30 PM

Sorry, VA Beach, I can't make it there for this one, but I'll be back next time. I have heard that a certain VA Beach league leader is planning a convoy up to Midlothian so you guys can play. Way to go, Kimberly :thumb:

Players not in line by 11:30 AM (12:30 for Warrenton, 3:30 PM for afternoon session in Fairfax) may be marked as LATE.

Fairfax and Midlothian will feature the main event (players receive 6 boosters, make a 40 card deck, and try it out in a tournament) or the Theme Deck Challenge (play with a brand new, unreleased theme deck) Warrenton will have the main event only this time.
All players will receive extra booster packs by completing the event, (2 for the main event and 4 for the TDC) a specially selected stamped promo card, and a set of 60 themed card sleeves.
Admission is $25.00. I pay your VA sales tax for you (you're just that special!!)

Last edited:
Whoo! First! And about time!
I'm about to steamroll the competition at (BLANK)! First Masters PR...
I play the Gameboy TCG game and played cards back then, I know my way around the Trainer Cards that are reprinted/similar!!

Last edited:
I will lose, but I will get cool cards. Therefore, I will enjoy these losses. :biggrin:

I'm in there like swimwear for some HGSS Pre-release action man.

I'm gonna take the "Johnny approach" and proxy up a deck and aim for/trade for the cards that I need to complete that deck. I'm sure some of you others that are Boss at this game figured that targeted-approach out long ago, but I catch on... eventually .. lol

I'm SUPER bummed that we didn't get to rock our fine-tuned CCs decks on Sunday though :/

But... NEW TRANMISSION FTW !!! (yeeeeeeaaaahhhh!!!)

Wait a sec.... OH NOz @ no VA Beach Pre-release :(

I've gotta up my T.O. game so I can run that region and get things CRAKALACKIN' over there guys!

By the fall, I'd love to help David get a Warswa Pre, Gloucester Pre... VA Beach Pre.. NewportNewsPre...
Those of you who live across that bridge, get those ideas to me!
Hit up my PM so we can sketchbook it fellas...

The West-Side will Rise!

Anyway... I'm SO AMPED about this set. It's like ROGUE-DECK HEAVEN .... on a stick.

Last edited:
Can we attend both Fairfax PR (and Richmond too?) or am I reading this wrong?

well sort of-- you can attend as many of these locations as you like. The only restriction is that you may only play in either the morning or the afternoon flight in Fairfax (can't do both, sorry!!)

I'll be hitting Fairfax and Warrenton. See you all there.

@totoro: I have your goods in the back of my car so don't let me forget to return them to you at this event :wink: :rolleyes: :thumb:

the Virginia Pokemon link said:
Sorry, we can't find "www.sites.google.com". We suggest that you check the spelling of the web address or search above.
Is anybody else getting this?

@totoro: I have your goods in the back of my car so don't let me forget to return them to you at this event :wink: :rolleyes: :thumb:

Oooo .. the crate of Bootleg Girl Scout Cookies ?! :eek:

no?

OH.. just T.O. Pokemon stuff

*sits disappointed with face in hands*

Anybody else figure out what they want from this set?
I'd LOVE to catch a LugiaLegend just for the artwork hottness

WARRENTON PLAYERS - We have chairs!!!

I will watch Pokegym to get an idea of numbers, so I know how many extra chairs to bring. Many of you are in the habit of bringing your own and that is OK!

Hey,

I went over to the Virginia Pokemon site.

I see you've really done some updating there!!

Well.. the preRelease link takes effort to locate (especially if you're used to it being immediately on the right of the home screen.

You may want to give people a idea of where to look (bottom left on menu)

Haha sorry. Had to mention it.

I should be showing up at Midlo. I think Kim's car is officially full though, so my dear old mother will have to drive me once again...

Back