Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Virizion EX

jeffrey123

Virizion EX
170 HP
Grass Type

Ability; Nature's Sacrifice
Choose a Pokemon from your bench, and discard it. Your opponent takes a prize card. Attach 1 energy card from your hand to Virizion, and heal 80 damage from Virizion. Virizion has no weakness until the end of next turn. Virizion deals 40 extra damage until the end of next turn.

[G] Parry 40
If the Defending Pokémon is Knocked Out by this attack, prevent all effects of an attack, including damage, done to Virizion during your opponent’s next turn.

[G][C][C] Leaf Blade 70+
If you knocked out a Pokemon last turn, this attack deals 100 more damage.

Weakness: Fire x2
Resistance:
Retreat: 1

Like it? I put a lot of thought into this one...
Posted with Mobile style...

Seems very broken to me and here is why...

T1

Attach grass energy
Nature's Sacrifice
Attach a Double-Colourless Energy
Parry for 80 and can't be effected damage or effects next turn

T2
Play pluspower
Leaf Blade for 180

Virizion EX
170 HP
Grass Type

Ability; Nature's Sacrifice
Choose a Pokemon from your bench, and discard it. Your opponent takes a prize card. Attach 1 energy card from your hand to Virizion. Virizion deals 20 extra damage until the end of next turn.

[G] Parry 40
If the Defending Pokémon is Knocked Out by this attack, prevent all effects of an attack, including damage, done to Virizion during your opponent’s next turn.

[G][C][C] Leaf Blade 30+
If you knocked out a Pokemon last turn, this attack deals 100 more damage.

Weakness: Fire x2
Resistance:
Retreat: 1

I think you might be trying to do a bit too much with a single card; notice how most of the real Pokemon EX we have (and even that Japan has) only have two attacks or one Ability and one Attack. Doesn't mean you can't break the mold, of course: for the longest time the same was true of Pokemon Powers/Poke-Powers/Poke-Bodies, but that eventually changed.

Have you considered making Parry the Ability? Just negate the effects and damage from the attack, but at the cost of sacrificing one of your Benched Pokemon, and perhaps only while Virizion is Active. So something like

Ability: Parry
While Virizion is your Defending Pokemon, when your opponent's Pokemon attacks you may select one of your Benched Pokemon and that Pokemon is Knocked Out (your opponent takes a Prize). Prevent all effects and damage from that attack.

I have some other ideas, but I'd like to see what you think of that suggestion first, before I rewrite most of your card, which can seem kind of rude.:redface:

Ability: Parry
While Virizion is your Defending Pokemon, when your opponent's Pokemon attacks you may select one of your Benched Pokemon and that Pokemon is Knocked Out (your opponent takes a Prize). Prevent all effects and damage from that attack.

I have some other ideas, but I'd like to see what you think of that suggestion first, before I rewrite most of your card, which can seem kind of rude.:redface:

I think it would be better if you worded it like Misty's Tentacruel power

My goal was not to create a porter but a "negate-er", along the lines of Alakazam (Mysterious Treasures 2/123), only instead of negating Poke-Powers it would negate attacks. This was based on the flavor... a parry is an active defense in melee combat. I don't think the flavor is still quite right, and jeffrey123 can let me know if I was taking it in the wrong direction.

Not that you, StormFront can't point out that yes, I may be missing the point. If the only idea is to allow this Verizion EX to avoid being harmed by attacks at the cost of another Pokemon taking the blow, then you are correct, Misty's Tentacruel is the appropriate template to follow. I'd say more, but again I am trying not to 'steal' jeffrey123's thread. ;)

Back