Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

virizion

fluttercraft

im running a darkrai/hydregon deck. obviously i run the :grass: :psychic: :dark: :fire: blend. i feel like running virizion to defeat terrakion could be very beneficial. if im correct for the sake of dark trance and dark cloak the blend (attached to virizion) could be used as a dark energy, but as a grass when attacking. what are your thoughts on running the sacred sword virizion over the leaf wallop virizion. for the same energy cost, mega drain hits only 10 less (20 for weakness) and can OHKO ether terrakion with its 2nd attack. the fact that sacred sword cant be used on the next turn dosent really matter in this situation.

I used to run the Leaf Wallop version in my Dark Trance deck. You can 2HKO a Terrakion and the EX if you strike first and can't get one shot from it.

The only thing is Terrakion isn't getting much play compared to last season (for me at least). Plus, you already have a Terrakion counter. His name is Hydreigon.

I'd say it depends on your local metagame. If it's filled with Terrakion EXs everywhere it might not be a bad idea, but in most situations a Tornadus EX should be enough to stop Terrakion.
Tornadus can also be very useful in other situations and you don't need to rely on having two blend energies in play.

Back