Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Vulpix Hidden Legends Ascension?

Tmanplayer21

Does Vulpix Hidden Legends have an Errata for its Ascension or not? Do you have to flip to use the attack?

Last edited:
fortunately, only feebas. and i don't think magikarp or grimer have to either.

i wonder why feebas had to...milotic wasn't that great.

From Compendium:
== ASCENSION (Feebas - EX:Hidden Legends; Vulpix - EX:Hidden Legends)

* EX Hidden Legends Feebas is receiving errata for its "Ascension" attack to bring it in line with the Japanese version of the card. It should read, "Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for a card that evolves from Feebas and put it on Feebas. (This counts as evolving Feebas.) Shuffle your deck afterward." Please note that this only affects Feebas; Vulpix's "Ascension" attack does not require a coin flip. (Jul 22, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Vulpix's or Feebas' "Ascension" attack on the first turn of the game?
A. Yes. This attack can evolve a PokÈmon, even during the first turn of the game. (Jun 17, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

zapdos ex said:
fortunately, only feebas. and i don't think magikarp or grimer have to either.

i wonder why feebas had to...milotic wasn't that great.
Maybe, because foxes are better than fish? (that's just my opinion, but who knows)

nah, the rule book only has feebas, last time i checked. plus i think i asked POP.

no, i'm not a hater or feebas, i was just wondering, because maybe 9tails is less useful? so they just put in feebas???

badganondorf said:
From Compendium:
== ASCENSION (Feebas - EX:Hidden Legends; Vulpix - EX:Hidden Legends)

* EX Hidden Legends Feebas is receiving errata for its "Ascension" attack to bring it in line with the Japanese version of the card. It should read, "Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for a card that evolves from Feebas and put it on Feebas. (This counts as evolving Feebas.) Shuffle your deck afterward." Please note that this only affects Feebas; Vulpix's "Ascension" attack does not require a coin flip. (Jul 22, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Vulpix's or Feebas' "Ascension" attack on the first turn of the game?
A. Yes. This attack can evolve a PokÈmon, even during the first turn of the game. (Jun 17, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Can't you guys see what reads there, Vulpix DOESN'T have errata on it.

(for message below) Sorry Zapdos ex... I did read it entirely, just read fast and skipped over it I guess. =p

Last edited:
Fish said:
You forgot Magikarp =p... but it doesn't have a coin flip... It does have ascension
i said magikarp. kinda vaugely.

me...very confused. said:
and i don't think magikarp or grimer have to either.
see? if you read the entier post, i think it gets less confusing. grimer too.

i guess just stick to the JPN, or ask someone at the tourney.

It was errata'd because the English attack text did not match the text of the Japanese card. It was translated wrong.

It was not the Poke-Power of that name that was errata'd, it was the card Feebas.

Vulpix and co work just as they are printed.

Does that make more sense to the people who were confused?

Back