Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Vulpix's Ascension Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Gengar

Can Vulpix's Ascension attack be used on your first turn in a game? Could not find anything on this attack at the compendium.

POKEMAN said:
Does the attack state 'Can not be used on the first turn" NO, this means you can use it.
Then again how many cards are there out there that make no mention of "Cannot be used on the first turn," and yet they still can't be used on the first turn?
Is there even a card that says "Cannot be used on the first turn?" I mean I have a pretty limited knowledge of this game, so that might be why I don't know of one, but I think the reason there are so many questions on whether a pokemon can evolve first turn is because there is no print on the card saying it can be used first turn or it can't be.

Last edited:
ANYWAYS (*pointing at PC and PS*), If the attack text has the phrase "This counts as evolving," then the obvious answer would be "no, you can't use it on the first turn." However, some may argue that it is more of a Rare Candy/Wally's Training effect where although you can't play it the first turn of hte game, you can play it on a pokemon you have just played.

dont worry... i was only joking :p

Anyways, would my theory be correct, or is tehre something i forgot?

Last edited:
Well, I would lean towards using it even on the first turn of the game, since one still would not have Ninetales available to attack with until turn two. So it ends up just about the same as playing Ninetales at the beginning of turn two. An added bonus may be that the Ninetales can't be knocked out by a Rayquaza EX on the second turn. Just a few ideas...

Are u saying that I'm a Newbe, if so I want you to know that I started playing this game whan jungle was the newest set out and I have been playing it ever since.

JasonthePwnda said:
Wow, that's even sadder than before.
OK< that's enough of that!
Listen, the PokeGym welcomes new members.
Let's drop the "I'm 1337er than you" crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back