Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

wacky pokemon nicknames!

zapydos

i've run out of nicknames for pokemon!:eek: could u help? if i think of some names i'll post.

these are from be4 but here are some pokemon's nicknames from ruby:
aron named little guy, seedot named mr.see you , shroomish named old mcdona, kecleon named leo, voltorb named odd ball, groudon named alliekitty,wingull named peeko, and a onix named posh.

Last edited:
well, I named all my pokemon in ruby after anime characters...Here's a suggestion, considering I just watched the history of it X_X

Party:

How Are You
Gentlemen
All Your
Base Are
Belong
To Us

I realize some of these may go over the character limit, so you can like...put the last letter from one on the front of another or do no spaces or something =/

I recommend it if you nickname Pokemon from your favorite TV Shows. I do it all the time! For example:

Metagross: Megatron from Transformers

This is the only example. Try it. You can also use names of videogame characters and movie characters as well.

I'm sure you're all sick to the teeth hearing about my Six Horsepokémon of the Apocalypse by now. So here's some off the top of my head.

Minion
Slave
Hireling
Henchman
Henchwoman
Subvillian

Save that last one for your starting critter. He'll be like Bond's Oddjob, Jaws, or any other sub-boss. Or, y'know, ignore this whole stupid idea.

Well, randoms are fun! :biggrin:

Ponqih
Jupkof
Hupal
Funsfod
Guystad
Qartyiu
Mokity
Lopkit
Viklysd
Spurl
Tripow

...or any thing you like... just be funny, creative and random! (try closing your eyes when you put the name) :wink:

I called one of my Ekans Miss Hiss and another one Mr. Slithers (a take on Mr. Smithers from the Simpsons) Called Pikachu Pooka Snookums even though I could only call it Pooka in my game since it doesn't all fit, Jigglypuff Cuddles, Igglybuff Snuggles and Wigglytuff is Wiggles. Sableye is Shadow, Solrock is Solar and Lunatone is Lunar. Snorlax is Sleepyhead, Growlithe is Ivan (reminds me of a dog I know named that!) Teddiursa is Beara (a variation of a name I once heard) Plusle is Plus and Minun is Minus. Shuppet is Puppet and Marill is Mary. I called the shiny Gyarados Shiny. Clefairy is Fairy, Smoochum is Kisses, Smeargle is Painter, all of my Unown the letters that they represent, my list goes on and on!

I got Moshe the Beedrill (From Night's Moshe the Beadle).

Boogaloo the Pikachu (As in Electric Pikachu Boogaloo).

Rachel the Jigglypuff (As in Lillis).

Big Bopper the Geodude (Just sounds cool, doesn't it?).

Pudge the Pidgey (referencing the "Pudgey Pidgey Isle" episode).

Frankie V. the Rattata (he looks like Rich Vos as a gangster).

And that's about it...I think.

Last edited:
You could give them the screen names of people on here you know who use an avatar of that Poke(got all that). I named my sentret "The Gorn"

PokemonGeek said:
I called one of my Ekans Miss Hiss and another one Mr. Slithers (a take on Mr. Smithers from the Simpsons) Called Pikachu Pooka Snookums even though I could only call it Pooka in my game since it doesn't all fit, Jigglypuff Cuddles, Igglybuff Snuggles and Wigglytuff is Wiggles. Sableye is Shadow, Solrock is Solar and Lunatone is Lunar. Snorlax is Sleepyhead, Growlithe is Ivan (reminds me of a dog I know named that!) Teddiursa is Beara (a variation of a name I once heard) Plusle is Plus and Minun is Minus. Shuppet is Puppet and Marill is Mary. I called the shiny Gyarados Shiny. Clefairy is Fairy, Smoochum is Kisses, Smeargle is Painter, all of my Unown the letters that they represent, my list goes on and on!
I also called Seviper Fangs, Skitty SkitScat, and my Female Mudkip Chaka Khan after the diva!

PokemonGeek said:
I also called Seviper Fangs, Skitty SkitScat, and my Female Mudkip Chaka Khan after the diva!
I also called my Ditto Wannabe, Ho-oh RainbowPhoenix, Shellder Shelly, Clamperl Pearl, my Female Gastly/Haunter Morrigan (I like her in the later Street Fighter games!), and Houndour/Houndoom Doomsday!

Last edited:
I give mine nicknames based on their names e.g.
Blastoise Blast
Groudon fire quake
Zapdos zap
Moltres Molt and
articuno ice

In every Game I've had, I call my Alakazam Mr. Spoons

I also tend to nickname Pikachu Sparky, and Nidoran(F) Squeak. (but I stole that one from by friend)

I also mistakingly nicknamed by Zubat in G/S B.

these are a sample of some nicknames in FR:
haunter/cokeacola
silcoon/wurmply
clefary/chriseine
sneasal/spike
mewtwo/bigkitty
clefary/carl
venonat/dumbyhead
seaking/uglyerfish
clefary/clara
wigglytuff/pudgey tuff
haunter/coke head
pikachu/pikachow
(my friend at school named the next one.)
golem/toe

Last edited:
here are two sentances that i nicknamed pokemon,

porygon #1 polly
porygon #2 want
porygon#3 a cracker

doduo/stan
smoochum/the
jigglypuff /pickle
abra/man

Last edited:
Back