Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

walcargo

Status
Not open for further replies.

cattdreams

Ah it's been so long since I posted, I figured I might poke in and post the deck that I'm curently working on.

People that know me know I tend not to play in any major tournaments so like to make semi off beat decks. but I think that with the right tinkering this deck could really become a contender. and since I havnt seen anyone post something like it. here goes.

Pokemon 18

3 spheal
2 sealeo
3 walrein
3 slugma
3 macargo
2 dunsparce
2 latias ex

trainers 24

3 tv reporter
3 cosmo's discovery
2 copycat
2 oaks research
2 celio's network
2 energy recycle system
3 switch
1 high pressure system
2 potion
3 rare candy
1 pokemon retriever

energy 18

9 fire
9 water

The idea behind this deck is pretty simple. macargo smooths over and walrein crushdraws to add energy whereever you need it. macargo and walrein are both ok attackers, and macargo covers walreins weakness. but if you need to do some serious beatdown, latias ex has it's mist ball attack for 100 and with the smooth crush combo you can feed it enough energy to attack every turn.

I Run A Similiar Deck With Macargo/walrein Combo. I Use Sally Ex Though. No Need For Boost With This Combo. You Could Stall With Walrein Also Due To It's High Hp And Retreat It For Free With Sally Ex Body. I Didn't Have Latias Ex So That's Why I Used Sally Instead. Drop In A 1-1-1 Kingdra Line For Weakness Protection. Only Need 2-2 Macargo Line, 3-3 Is Too Much.

I disgree, you need plenty of Magcargo. I play 4-4.

You are dependent on Magcargo's power to get setup and two Cargo + 1 Walrein gives you an extra energy placement PLUS deciding yournext card. Latias EX is a little dangerous with Crystal Shard or Pidgeot + Strength Charm both being widely played. My Pokemon setup is 3-3-3 Walrein, 4-4 Magcargo and 4 Plusle (I can play 4 electric because I can effectively search for energies and the attck can be quite useful).

My trainer setup is very different. You need to max out on TV and get 4 Steven, trainers that allow you to get cards from the top of your deck combines well with Magcargo. I like Briney in this deck, very few Pokemon can OHKO Walrein and the accelerated energy placement makes the penalty of Briney less of an issue. Drop the Candies, they don't give you enough in this deck.

hehe, my friend is running a walcargoswing deck, if he gets 2 walrien set up, 2 swing dance ludicolos, and 2 magcargos, he can attach 2 energys, or get any card he needs with swing dance, he pulls 5 card from his deck each turn with this set up(when he gets what i mentioned out) so he has plenty of copycats, and brineys to put some of the unecassary basics and evolutions back into the deck for stall time :) either way, he almsot beat an electric deck with it, i was able to stall cause i had shedinja in play, so evolved pokemon couldnt hurt me :) but 3-3 is a lot, 3-2 is better,and 1 less tv reporter, put in another cosmo, they are much better. no discarding(dont you hate when you have a great hand, got every card you need, but have to discard 1? i do) and maybe put another high pressure system. just suggestions that you dont have to do lol

Myn_donos said:
.. maybe put another high pressure system...
I don't think you should play HPS at all! Both attackers have triple retreat already, reducing that two two is just not worth it when switch and Briney will do much better.

There is no Stadium that seems to help - or hurt - this deck a lot, so I would be more inclined to either play Mt Moon or Desert Ruins (depends on local metagame) or (gasp!!) just not play any stadiums.

Smooth Draw
-------------

Pokemon 23

3 Spheal
2 Sealeo
3 Walrein
4 Slugma
3 Macargo
2 Magcargo EX
4 Dunsparce
1 Jirachi
1 Latias EX

Trainers 19

3 Stephen's Advice
3 Bill's Maintenance
2 Rocket's Admin
2 Celio's Network
2 Energy Recycle System
1 Switch
2 Surprise! Time Machine
3 Rare Candy
1 Pokemon Retriever

energy 18

9 fire
9 water

That's my version of the deck.

Magcargo EX is the main attacker with Latias EX as the cleanup hitter. Your deck seemed to be missing a main attacker, here it is. Cargo EX works really well, better than the latias.

The name of this deck should be walmart. hehe. Use 2 magcargo ex and surprise! time machine for surefire extra attachmaent. then massive damage.

WalsCargo sound very sweet. Take off the Wells Fargo bank and Wells Cargo trailer company.

You say Wal mart, I have no idea what deck you are talking about. WalCargo is sweet.

nice combo unfortunetly the current metagame doesnt include water and fire as the types that can beat rock lock VEX or sally ex a very solid combo anyway (if u are not playin against slaking)

editinnnng

sorry forgot to say zappy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Well, not that you need another suggestion for an EX, but you will dump a boatload of energy into play. Also, nothing there has ultimate KO power. Rayquaza EX Deoxys does. Now, you have the Fire energy requirement. Next you need the lightning. You could just dump some in (Magcargo will get it when you need it). I think 18 is low for energy in this deck. You could:

-2 Potion
-2 Latias Ex
+ 1 Rayquaza EX (Deoxys - Power absorbs as many basic energy as you want from in play, then 20x basic attached for RL).
+ 2 Lightning
+ 1 Briney !!
- 3 Cozmo
+ R. Admin

The point over Latias is that there are things Latias can't KO, where RQEX can get anything.

Aleks: good observation, but in this forum, we fix the deck rather than rate it against the metagame.

this is my 2 cents, I am testing a deck like this in tournies. my 2 cents isn't what my deck is , its just fixing towards what it seems you like:

Pokemon 18

3 spheal
2 sealeo
3 walrein
2 slugma
2 macargo
4 dunsparce
2 latias ex

trainers 24

4 tv reporter
2 cosmo's discovery
2 stevens ad.