Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

walikens 2nd place regional report

Curry

Didn’t get much sleep the night before cause I was thinking about what I was gonna play and I was kind of nervous because this was my first major 15+ tourney. So the next day my dad and I get on the road at about 8:50 and head towards Kissimmee. When we get there we say hi to everyone and I play a few test games to figure out final lists for all possible decks. With like 10 minutes left before registration closed I decided to play ludicargo w/lanturn. I turn in my list and wait for the first round.

Round 1 me vs. Tyler c. (zap-turn-dos w/dragon boost ray?)

He goes first and charges his electrike. I have sparce and slugma so I attach and strike and run for a lotad a slugma and a chinchou. He uses dual ball and gets zappy plays him attaches and kills sparce. I send up slugma and evolve. Then I smooth over and TV for ludi with candy and swing into another cargo and smooth over a stevens. A few turns later he plays ray and uses power and moves all of zappys energy. Then he tries to super scoop zappy and flips tails. After that he builds up zappy to retreat and kills cargo with ray. I ground cargos energy send up ludi attach and shard him. He sends up manectric and hits me for 40. DRE to lanturn switch and discard for ko. He sends up elekid to stall while he builds up zappy. I attach another DRE and ko. He sends up another elekid and I ko it. He sends up zappy plays another and super scoops first effectively. He hits me for 70 and I take my last prize off zappy.

(1-0)

Round 2 me vs. someone (blaze)

He has a lone torchic and I have sparce and lotad with ludi, DRE, and switch but no rare candy so I just strike for lotad, slugma, and chinchou. He celios for sparce and plays HPS retreats torchic and strikes for a chic a skitty and a ray. I evolve to cargo and smooth over and stevens for the candy and get my ludi up. Then I swing dance and draw a lanturn then I paralyze him. He warp points for ray and I send out chinchou and he gets KOed. I send up ludi attach a DRE and shard him. He eventually gets a BEX and ashes my ludicolo so I send up the other one KO his BEX and he had nothing left so I won.

(2-0)

LUNCH BREAK

Stayed at the hotel because my dad didn’t want to give up his parking spot. The food was ok but they overcharged us because we’re in a huge tourist area. It was $6.00 for a hamburger/hotdog, a bag of chips, a can of soda, and a cookie. Oh well, on to round 3.

Round 3 me vs. Jim H. (sally w/cargo)

I don’t remember exactly how this game went but I know that I sharded two sallyEX and I KOed two other pokes.

(3-0)

Round 4 me vs. Eric C. (slaking metagross)

I was pretty nervous about this game because I know Eric and he is a good player. He looks like he has a pretty good start sparce pidgey and beldum but he had no energy. I go first I have slugma and lotad so I attach and collect. He goes and ends his turn. I go get cargo and knock over for 10. he goes still no energy. I attach a DRE and KO his sparce. His next turn he draws an energy. After this he tries to recover but it just didn’t happen.

(4-0)

Round 5 me vs. Eddy M. (speed metagross)

He has pidgey I have sparce I go first and strike for lotad slugma and chinchou. He uses TV reporter draws nothing uses corner. I draw, evolve into cargo smooth over and TV for candy for ludi and attach to chinchou and paralyze him. He draws and uses another reporter draws pidgeotto evolves and clutches my sparce. I draw use celios for lanturn attach a DRE and use smooth over and swing dance for a switch for the game.

(5-0)

Round 6 me vs. Steven S. /squirtle (blaze)

His deck got set up really fast and I don’t remember everything all I know is that he ashed almost all of my ludicolos but I took 3 prizes off a sparce and a BEX.

(5-1)

So I’m in 2nd after this and we cut to T-8. It looked like this
1.Steven S.
2.me
3.Eric C.
4.Randy C.
5.Chris B.
6.Eddy M.
7.Ray R.
8.Jin W.

T-8 me vs. Ray R. (Gardy)
Game 1: it was close at first but ray started to pull away he got a GEX out and just started KOing my pokes. It was 3 prizes to 1 so I sent up a ludicolo and scrambled his GEX and we were even. He was afraid that I could KO his gardy so he sent up his even Mr. Mime to stop me so I attached a DRE to lower damage to be odd and game over
(1-0)
Game 2: this wasn’t pretty. He set up really fast and basically destroyed me. After this there were like 4 minutes left in the match.
(1-1)
Game 3: we both had great starts I play frontier 1st turn so he couldn’t use his pidgeot. Then I strike for lotad slugma and chinchou. He strikes for 2 ralts and a jirachi and he switches for jirachi. Time is called so I attach to my cargo and I flip heads on sudden flash. He can’t get a switch so he ends his turn. I draw attach a DRE to my cargo retreat and game.
(2-1)

T-4 looked like this
Steven vs. Chris
Me vs. Eric

Game 1: he gets a pretty good start but because he couldn’t get any supporters he couldn’t get anything and I won.
(1-0)
Game 2: pretty much the same thing.
(2-0)

T-2 is me vs. Chris/krayzie(lanturn cargo D. hypno)
You can just read his report.

Props
Heidi for having a great event
John and Steven Silvestro for trading me the last card I needed for my Deoxys set

Slops
The hotel for charging $6.00 for lunch

Last edited:
GJ too bad Flips were on my side that day or i would of been the mess of things too. Maybe you'll still show up for GC? Cya then if not cya at worlds,

Shiloh Phoenix said:
good grief, first major 15+ event and you get 2nd? I must applaud you for being such a good player.
thanks but part of it was luck because half the time my opponent had nothing.

Aaron, you went 3-0 against Eric Craig on Saturday?! That by itself is a really amazing accomplishment.

Good job winning the trip. You're a good player who doesn't get enough credit.

The Gorn said:
Aaron, you went 3-0 against Eric Craig on Saturday?! That by itself is a really amazing accomplishment.

Good job winning the trip. You're a good player who doesn't get enough credit.
thanks dave. but i cant take all the credit for that. eric had horrible hands.

Back