Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wanting to create an Eevee deck, would like help

Scrumpet

I've been wanting to create an Eevee deck for a while now, but everyone keeps saying that it doesn't work that well. However, it doesn't all have to be Eevee evolutions, would just like to have them in there. I have all the cards for it so that's not a problem, but really need help from you guys on thoughts about what exactly I should put in there. I did hear something about running Foongus in the only Eevee decks that work, but I'm not sure what that's about.

Also I'm concerned about 1 ruling. With Umbreon (UD), its first attack says it can't be hurt by any PKMN with poke-powers or poke-bodies next turn. Since the cards have changed, does that also include Pokemon with abilities? Thank you everyone for any input into what I should use for this deck and this previous question!

OK, abilities are not powers or bodies so the abilities work just fine.

The Foongus Eevee deck that you have heard about I believe goes something like this. Leafeon has the attack Miasma Wind which does fifty damage for every Special Condition on the defending Pokemon. There is an Amoonguss card with the ability Sporprise which makes the Defending Pokemon Poisoned and Confused when Foongus is Evolved to Amoonguss. So you drop the Sporprize and then wail away with Miasma Wind for 100hp at a cost of only one energy. Add Espeon Prime with the ability to use the attacks of other Eeveelutions in play and you have a Psychic Miasma Wind perfect for KOing MewTwo EX. Add Houndour Prime and you can add Burned to the collection of Special Conditions and potentially smack for 150.

The issue of course is that this is a lot of Stage 1's to get set up and running. Most of your Pokemon are below 90 hp so you don't have stamina but almost everything is Level Ball searchable which helps speed things up a bit. I know there are some Leafeon/Amoonguss in the Deck Help Section.

I've been wanting to create an Eevee deck for a while now, but everyone keeps saying that it doesn't work that well. However, it doesn't all have to be Eevee evolutions, would just like to have them in there. I have all the cards for it so that's not a problem, but really need help from you guys on thoughts about what exactly I should put in there. I did hear something about running Foongus in the only Eevee decks that work, but I'm not sure what that's about.

Yeah, Leafeon is the only Eeveelution that is even semi-viable. You can try it with Roserade or Amoonguss and Houndoom Prime to inflict Status Conditions, then hit for 100-150.

The low HP, vulnerability to Catcher, and the difficulty of getting the Status Conditions to stick turn after turn all mean that the deck isn't really very competitive.

Also I'm concerned about 1 ruling. With Umbreon (UD), its first attack says it can't be hurt by any PKMN with poke-powers or poke-bodies next turn. Since the cards have changed, does that also include Pokemon with abilities? Thank you everyone for any input into what I should use for this deck and this previous question!

Abilities are not the same as Powers or Bodies. Moonlight Fang's effect does not work against Pokemon with Abilities.

Back