Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

WARNING: Pokemon Center Event: IV's totally random

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare

My friend and I took a good sample of the Pokemon from the Pokemon Center, and we ran the IV's on them. They generally averaged from 70 to 100 IV's, which is considered a very average Pokemon on the tournament level.

C'mon Pokemon Center NY, people travel sometimes 3000 miles+ for this. The least you could do is give out tourney-level professional Pokemon (130 IV plus) and good personalities. Make the trip worth it, you'd get more money.

Later

-James

True, that's why I'm putting a warning up.

Save your money for a real event, like Deoxys or something else.

-James

IV = Individual Values. I became used to them knowing them as DVs (Deter Values). Basically these are a Pokémon's "genes", that determine their stats relative to others of their species. These range from 0 to 31 in RSE forwards.

LVs = I think he means Level with this. Otherwise, no clue, I don't keep up with the young whippersnappers these days. :lol:

Kinda obvious that the IVs and natures would be random, considering that's how it is for just about everything.
pokemon.com said:
Imagine hatching a Chansey that knows Sweet Scent and Wish! Or a Drowzee with a powerful move like Belly Drum!
From the sound of it, they aren't giving away Pokemon that are that overly-special, anyway. Belly Drum Drowzee sounds like it might be good, but not 3000 miles good. ;)
And the special moves that were given to G/S/C Pokes, from what I remember, weren't all that great either.

If they acutally gave better IVs, then i would save alot of time from breeding...must have hatched thousands of chamanders to find the right one (has ev trained parents). Anyway, I trained one of the salamence that they gave out, and it turned out ok, not perfect of course but ok...

Thing is, though, the major appeal is to point at the Pokémon and say to your friends, "Look where I got this one!" after you've come back from your trip. Not everything is aimed for the tournament scene. In fact, it's the casual gamers who together possess more money and in turn make Nintendo richer.

A "warning" is overrated, really, as there's nothing to warn people against. E-Mail them, you'll get pretty much that response, sans the money part of course.

Pokemon center usually does this kind of stuff with the mareeps and houndours and the other pokemon the handed out most people get the pokemon games for fun not for tournament level.People like playing in tournaments because it is a good way to meet pokemon trainers just like them selfs.And you should be used to this nighmare, pokemon center has given away pokemon before not tournament ready.

NycDarkDragon said:
If they acutally gave better IVs, then i would save alot of time from breeding...must have hatched thousands of chamanders to find the right one (has ev trained parents). Anyway, I trained one of the salamence that they gave out, and it turned out ok, not perfect of course but ok...
Dont worry, pokemon emerald will solve all of these problems. You can keep the good natures and hatch multiple eggs to get better IV's.

Blastoise-shellshocker said:
But there are also ways to make the breeding stats better. You just need to figure them out in order to solve them. I agree with some of the people(NYCDarkDragon, Espeonchris14, treeckodude, and Marill.), but nightmare, you can't just make it a warning. You need to know the real basics of breeding. Treeckodude is right about Emerald that Nintendo fixed the IV Breeding to make it better. Not many people would realize that. It's all in a matter of skill and luck to breed the pokemon with the stats you want. I know two people who know this. I'm not saying their names because I am not talking about their strategies. My name is Peter Ortiz in case if you don't know me. I myself still need to complete the breeding basics, but it's like a puzzle to me. :thumb: :thumb: :clap: :clap: :psychic:

Emerald will make it easier to breed for normal Pokemon, yes. But Pokemon you get from a NYC event aren't going to come by so easily. In addition to that, you cannot pass down the moves you get from your NYC Pokemon onto a new egg, so the Belly Drum Drowzee you get is going to be the only Belly Drum Drowzee you'll get (Unless you trade for another one, or get a second one from NYC ((Which I doubt you can do, anyway)) ) and even if you get a second or third one, it's still likely to have average IVs/Natures.

Actually, you can get more than one of a specific pokemon in the center nowadays. They been doing this since August 2003 with Pikachu, Gloom and Staryu. Each have stones(Gloom had sun and leaf stones.) That was the beginning.

Blastoise-shellshocker said:
But there are also ways to make the breeding stats better. You just need to figure them out in order to solve them. I agree with some of the people(NYCDarkDragon, Espeonchris14, treeckodude, and Marill.), but nightmare, you can't just make it a warning. You need to know the real basics of breeding. Treeckodude is right about Emerald that Nintendo fixed the IV Breeding to make it better. Not many people would realize that. It's all in a matter of skill and luck to breed the pokemon with the stats you want. I know two people who know this. I'm not saying their names because I am not talking about their strategies. My name is Peter Ortiz in case if you don't know me. I myself still need to complete the breeding basics, but it's like a puzzle to me. :thumb: :thumb: :clap: :clap: :psychic:

Peter, speak to Lissanne immediately. She wants to speak to you about your comments.

(comment retracted)

Marril said:
Thing is, though, the major appeal is to point at the Pokémon and say to your friends, "Look where I got this one!" after you've come back from your trip. Not everything is aimed for the tournament scene. In fact, it's the casual gamers who together possess more money and in turn make Nintendo richer.

A "warning" is overrated, really, as there's nothing to warn people against. E-Mail them, you'll get pretty much that response, sans the money part of course.

Well, would you rather know and not waste your time, or find out and get ripped off? Your call here, at least you were told. It just seems every time I do a service for somebody, no one appreciates it.

-James

Last edited:
You seem upset that we disagree with you. This is a message board and people can say what they feel
as long as it corresponds with the rules of the board. From past experience I know that Nightmare
gets very mad over small issues that can be easily dealt with. I dont like the way that you have treated
Christian and Peter and myself. Just keep your distance and we will keep ours. Please dont let this post offend you Nightmare.

treeckodude said:
You seem upset that we disagree with you. This is a message board and people can say what they feel
as long as it corresponds with the rules of the board. From past experience I know that Nightmare
gets very mad over small issues that can be easily dealt with. I dont like the way that you have treated
Christian and Peter and myself. Just keep your distance and we will keep ours. Please dont let this post offend you Nightmare.

treeckodude, did you read the message that I sent Peter?

DO NOT HANDLE THESE ISSUES IN PUBLIC!

You don't deserve to live honestly. I thought you were my friend at one time, but you decided to take these things out in public and flame me. That's not a real friend at any means, and you couldn't handle the truth. You, Peter, and Christian can't handle the truth. It's as simple as that. The truth hurts, no one says you have to like it. But I have a right to defend myself, especially when I'm threatened by a parent and have a chance of going to jail!

You go public and you ask for it.

This is my final comment on this issue.

If you don't like the way I treated you, that's what you get for turning your back on a person and then trying to plan behind their back, plus rip them at every imaginable point possible. You deserved everything you got.

Go to hell treeckodude. Apparently the two years I spent with you was a total waste of my time.

-James

Last edited:
Yo, dude.
Keep it in perspective.
100,000 people just died.
This is Pokemon stats.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back