Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Warsaw, VA (Norhtern Neck Pokemon League)

Rogue Archetype

Moderator <br> Contest Host
This is to announce the first ever Pokemon League in the Northern Neck of Virginia.

Learn to play the Pokemon Trading Card Game.

All the cool people are doing it :cool:

WHERE: ANNA'S ITALIAN PIZZA in Warsaw, VA
WHEN: THURSDAY, 5:30 - 7:30 pm. in the Banquet room (woot!)

There is no prior playing experience to join.
You simply, show up with cards and play!
If you don't know how to play, we'll teach you... every week :smile:

WHAT YOU NEED: A Pokemon "Deck" of cards

If you don't have a 60 card deck, theme decks will be available for purchase..
Only $10 for theme decks and $5 for sleeves! :smile:

Card trading is always encouraged.

League Leader - "Mr Washington" (Rogue Archetype)
Email = [email protected]

Announcments:

THE LEAGUE DAY WAS CHANGED FROM SUNDAYS TO ... THURSDAYS
This was due to store hours changing to Mon - Sat (closed Sun.)

Last edited:
First day of league play at Anna's happened Today!

They give us the banquet room, so there's SO much more space and tables than we'll ever need ...

It's SO chill.
(crab stuffed mushrooms and iced tea FTW!!!)

Thanks to everyone who came. BRING FRIENDS!

Last edited:
Congrats on the league, William (check your typo in the thread title though, oops!) Let me know if you need any theme decks to use as loaners until your new players can ante up and get their own. It's hard to teach the game to players w/out a deck!

Thanks! Theme Decks... That would be GOLDEN!

The old "pokemon club" kids showed up today and they're the ones that attended BRs and Regionals that I carpooled throughout the year.
So, they needed no help learning the game.

However, after Sept 1, I'm going to get the "BIG POSTER" and that'll bring in lots of newbies. So, I definately want to be prepared for that.

and... you know, once school starts and I return to the role of "Mr Washington," I'll probably get more kids than I can handle :/

I'd, also, like to speak with you about kicking off a "Grand Opening" of the league before BRs begin. Having you visit with some of the old gang from NoVA and SoVA ( I guess I'd be NeckVA ? LOL!) to paricipate in league play and ITALIAN FOOD would be hottness!

PUI is ON POINT!!

We're officially approved (WOOT!!)

Now I've gotta get on the grind w/ the Flyers and start organizing the grand openining day.

25 members enrolled, attending, and playing ... and still growing.

uh ... I may have to set a CUT-OFF for enrollment at this rate :eek:

25 members enrolled, attending, and playing ... and still growing.

uh ... I may have to set a CUT-OFF for enrollment at this rate :eek:
When you get up to about 45 people, your thought processes shut down and you do stuff without thinking just because people asked you to. Something to look forward to :thumb:

When you get up to about 45 people, your thought processes shut down and you do stuff without thinking just because people asked you to. Something to look forward to :thumb:

ahahahahahaa... :lol:

RA <== Elementary School Teacher. I'm used to that occuring on a daily basis. :thumb:

We now have 30 members. 26 of them are NEW players!

We have a strong observance of Spirit of the Game. Noone is allowed to tease, trash-talk, and everyone must shake hands at the beginning and end of their matches. Most kids are earning their 6 match promos each league day!

One interesting aspect is that EVERYONE has to play Theme Decks until this Sunday.
This keep the playing field level across the league while the new people and their parents are still learning
the mechanics of the game.

I'm proud of the state of our league at this point in time :smile:

I should, probably, email Dan about next seasons supplies though :/
(opens up another screen before forgetting ... :lol: )

Back