Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Washington BR reportss 2nd and 3rd!

moose101

Decided to go to Washington for battle roads cause we have no skool on Monday!
Early morning we got everything ready and got in the car but it wouldn't start!
Someone must have power sprayed it!!
We were scared that we would be late so we called the police and they confirmed that it has in fact been power sprayed. Luckily the cops found out that the power sprayer didn't have at least 3 SPs in play so it got cancelled and he got a DQ so the car began to work!!
We quickly drove away and said goodbye to our igloo for 2 days.
The drive was fast and we made it just in time. When we were in line we met up with other Canadians Murray, Jasmine, and Christian!
We then signed up and registered our decks.

7seniors 3 rounds no cut :frown:

Round 1. Person w/ Reshiram Zekrom Typhlosion Ampharos Jolteon Zoroark
We set up I go SECOND. Their mareep start to my Yanma. They do some stuff and pass i just setup and stuff. Eventually they have just some dragons and 5 prizes, I have 2 prizes but most of my energies are lost zoned due to over using magnezone. They run out of energies and im scared of decking out so they just keep on Outraging with Reshiram then i get K'Oed and i send up Yanmega and attack for 70
They do 90 and play down a buch of basics that i can one hit and i know i can win now so i knock out reshi and i get knocked out then i catcher a zorua for the win!
1-0 gg

Round 2. ALLAN w/ Vileplume Reniclus SEL Mew Cincinno Zekrom
We set up I go SECOND! They start bad and have to eek. I can get turn 2 yanmega so i collector and pass hoping they cant get turn 2 Vileplume. They dont and eek. I catcher an oddish and snipe a bench oddish. They of course have the twins but instead of Candy Plume they get out SEL with a DCE! I was really surprised but also happy because i can get my magnezone out now. Anyways, I proceed to do so and Catchered up Something than Sniped the oddish. I manage to easily win from there 6-0ing him.
2-0 gg

Round 3. Ian W. w/ Lanturn Zekrom Yanmega
I go SECOND! They start with lone Chinchou and I start lone Horsea. They Attach DCE and PONT hoping for the Plus Power Junk arm. They whiff and do 20. I get collector for Yanma Horsea Magnemite and pass. They have the Lanturn Prime and KO my Horsea:frown:.
I evantually setup and catch up so its my 1 prize to his 2. They snipe something and its 1-1 prizes. I have Magnezone with 2 Energy active with no more switches or Junk Arms to snipe Cleffa for the win they have a zekrom active and he says "If you have the game just do it" but I didn't and I don't see why he would think that, I guess I have a better poker face than I thought, But I pass seeing as I'm out of energies. They just retreat and eek if he flips heads i win and he flips... TAILS:nonono:. I pass as i can't do anything and he flips.. HEADS!! :eek: He catchers for the game and i find that my last prize is an energy so i could've won if i got that prize instead.
2-1 gg

I end up 2nd and Ian comes 1st
I pull nothing from packs:frown:
My dad goes 4-2 and come 6th!
Jasmine with a troll deck and Christian both go 3-3
Murray also goes 4-1 ending up 10th! (see his report http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2112712#post2112712)

We go to our hotel and turn on the air conditioning to max to simulate our igloo.
We then pack and head to the next Battle Road at Card Kingdom
We go inside and register than sit around and play sudoku!

10 seniors top 2:biggrin:
Finally pairings are up and I'm playing... Ian!
Round 1. Ian w/ ZPST
This game was really long and really close it could've gone either way so im going to explain it with so much detail so it will seem like you were there!
We both set up and I go SECOND:mad:. He attaches a DCE to his active Tornadus, Plays Down Pachi With an energy than uses shaymin and 1 hits my lone cleffa.
0-1 Told you it was a long game:wink:

Wait for half an hour and finally pairings go up!
Round 2. Singular of people w/ Eeveelutions
I go SECOND like a boss. I use Yanmega like a boss and win against him like a boss and sweep like a boss and tropical spray splash like a boss and Tropical Power Spray like a boss and sign the win slip like a boss and hand it to the judge like a boss and stand up like a boss and wait 15 minutes like a boss and play tropical Sudoku like a boss.
1-1 LOL

Round 3. coolguy w/ Dragons Typhlsion Tornadus
I go FIRST!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin: I get fast set up and knock out Cyndaquils before they evolve and they can't attack without topdecking an energy. I proceed to win.
2-1
Wait 15 minutes and pairings go up
Round 4 Pokemon shirt guy w/ Vileplume Reniclus Beartic Zoroark.
They have Chansey active and a baby on his bench. I go FIRST!!:biggrin: And get all my benchies.
They just collector and pass
I get turn 2 Yanmega and snipe an Oddish They twins for Donphan Vileplue and Rare Candy and Evolve. His bench is all set up but hecant retreat his Chansey! I Knock out his Vileplume while spreading with kingdra and by the time he gets DCE to retreat I catcher it up again and continue to snipe. I sweep from there!
3-1

They announce the standings and I'm third!
Ian and Allan are in the finals
I pull FA Tornadus!
That ends the day and I now have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd victory cup!!!:biggrin:

Props
Victory cups
being back in my igloo
p
o
w
e
r

s
p
r
a
y
Ian for winning and being nice
Judges for judging
Winners for winning
people for peopleing
FA Tornadus
Washington
American malls
Canada
Maple leaves
etc

Slops
Long border wait line
Car being power Sprayed

THE END

Last edited:
Nice Joey! Congrats on completing the Tropical Victory Set. You should just build troll decks from now on...they seem to work :p
Tropical Zone:
Tropical Tornadus w/ Tropical Beach
Magnezone for Tropical Draw
and maybe some Tropical Sprays :)

Nice Joey! Congrats on completing the Tropical Victory Set. You should just build troll decks from now on...they seem to work :p
Tropical Zone:
Tropical Tornadus w/ Tropical Beach
Magnezone for Tropical Draw
and maybe some Tropical Sprays :)

LOL ya Tropical everything LIKE A PRO:cool:

Back