Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Washington Citiesz reports, 2nd again...

moose101

Well, I've been to 4 cities? and came 2nd twice so I came hoping for first. Decided to run Rehiphlosion because I came 2nd with it last time. I added one pluspower.

Today is not backwards opposite report time day so I wont say the opposite of what I mean. Except for the descriptions of the matches which are 100% opposite.:thumb:

So I don't wake up at 5:00am and leave at 6:00. The border was sooo long. We don't get there early and don't meet up with Jack and James, who aren't from Canada, and we don't wait for Pairings. Also, I'm not running Reshiphlosion.

Finally, the pairings come down and I am not playing Colter in Round 1.

Rd. 1 v.s. Colter w/ZPST
I get an extremely good start while his is good too. I go first with a Reshi active to his Tornadus. I collector and get Vulpix, Cyndaquil, Cyndaquil. He plays some cards then Junipers for more cards. He is forced to pass and I try to set up. I don't remember much except for the fact that we were trading prizes and a twins helped me get the win and there was a point where he whiffed on the catcher for a KO on Typhlosion.
Anyways, I win.
1-0 GG

1-0 is a good spot to be in, and Jack lost to Liam!

We didn't wait around and the pairings didn't go up.

Rd. 2 v.s. Matthew D. w/Sharpedo, Weavile, Victini, Zoroark, Audino
Yes, thats right, hes running the BDIF. I'm already scared.
I get a very good start. I am able to get a turn 2 or 3 Reshi+Typhlosion Blue Flare and I even catcher up his Zoroark before he could attack with it. He never even gets out Sharpedo and I just run through his mediocre start.
2-0 GG

Well, Jack and Liam won and I'm not sure how James was doing at this point, I think he was 1-1.
Now its not lunchbreak! I eat a sandwiches and don't go back to the store. Pairings aren't up and...

Rd. 3 v.s. Donovan w/ Ice cream.
... :mad: Well, I start well with a typhlosion, quilava, and Ninetales on bench with Reshi active. I take a prize off of one of two oddishes because he was dead drwing so I suspected that his hand was horrible, however, he had the twins. Vileplume comes out followed by an endless amount of Vanilluxes, and Vanillish with Rescue energy. I try to do something back but my black belt is prized.:frown:
I lose in a close one.
2-1 GG

Blech. 2-1, well, Jack is 2-1, and Liam beat Sam?
Pairings aren't up yet and we don't sit down for round 4.

Rd. 4 v.s. Sam w/ ZPST
I get extremely lucky and I even go first. I start Cyndaquil and Collector and retreat and Eeeeeek. My hand, Rare candy, Junk arm, Pokemon Communication, Pokemon Collector, Fire, and Juniper. I roll tails and he whiffs on Catchers and has to pass. I draw Pokemon Communication and use collector for 2 Reshis and Vulpix the double Communication and get ninetales and Typhlosion out. Roast reveal and get another Typhlosion out with Jarm for candy and Typhlosion off of Roast Reveal. I Eeeeeek again since I had basically no cards in my hand and I get really good cards. Then he gets a KO and I return it getting Plus power off of Twins. He gets another knock out and it goes back and forth to a point where he runs out of attackers and can't get the prize card, I proceed to win.
3-1 Really close game!

Yay! Jack is 3-1 as well and Liam is 4-0 i think.
Well, Jack, James and I don't wait for pairings and some kid doesn't get Whipped cream from a Vending Machine which is really lame.

Finally, Pairings don't go up.
Rd. 5 v.s. Jack! w/ Magnetzones and Eelecktericks and Pichu and Zeckhrom and Thundurrus and moar pokemans.
Really bad start I manage to get stuff with Twins and I can set up. I start to try to come back and I get some attacks going but its too late because he is too far ahead but I still make it close him winning by 2 prizes. At least I thought that this was what happened but according to Jack, "He gets a bad start, I 6-0 him. GG.".
3-2.

At this point I don't think that I can make it but Liam loses! That means a 3-2 will make it in. I start sorting my deck while walking around which isn't as easy as it sounds. I figure my resistance is good since I lost to a 5-0 and a 4-1 and beat a 3-2 and 2 2-3s? I make it in because Ian who is also 3-2 played someone who dropped and got bad resistance. Also, my dad went 4-1!!

I don't hand in my deck and on't wait for them to call us up. I am not worried since I am not playing Vanilluxe.

Top 4 v.s. Donovan w/VVV or Vanilluxe Vileplume Victini
... I go second... :mad: He starts with 2 Vanillites to my Vulpix. he gets Collector for Pichu and Playgrounds. I get my basics and its my turn. I retreat to Reshi, attatch, and PONT. I get some evolutions in my hand and have to pass. He gets Gloom and energies on Vanillites evantually and I attempt to Catcher Gloom but whiff on Typhlosion energy for blue flare. He retreats and get plume. He evantually sets up after I take 2 prizes and its all downhill from there.
0-1

I start with Cyndaquil, 2 fire energies and a bunch of random trainers and a Juniper. I choose to go second and he starts with a lone Cleffa. I look at my hand and notice that those "Random trainers" included Plus Power and Junk arm! I proceed to Donk with Beat! I finally win a game with just using Beat. So, I just beat him twice in one game and am pretty confident.
1-1

He chooses to go... Second! Well, not really. He does get Collector for Pichu and Playgrounds. I get basics and its my turn. I use PONT and get some evolutions in my hand. He gets turn 2 Plume! :mad: evolves for vanillites. On my turn I get two ninetales and use double Roast reveal for a lot of trainers and 1 Quilava. I then evolve and have to Eeeeeek. I get some stuff off of Cleffa and am able to get Typhlosion out. I have to use after burner smartly. He has to pass and I get a prize with Reshiram. He Knocks it out and I bring up another one with an energy. I use double roast reveal hoping for Quilava but all I get are more trainers. I then attach and afterburner and Black Belt for the Prize. He brings up Vanillish and attempts to Paralyze but flips two tails! I outrage KO and he then KOs me with another Vanilluxe. I bring up Reshi which does 120 and he KOs me. I bring up Cyndaquil and KO him. H only has Vanillites so he has to evolve and tries to paralyze. He flips double tails and I have 10 HP left then I use beat after attaching and Afterburning to Reshi. He KOs Cyndaquil and I OHKO his Vanilluxe. He stares at the field for a minute and then says, I fold. I was suddenly relieved. I actually won!
2-1!!

We somehow managed to finish before the other top 4 match between Jack and Liam playing Zekrom. I thought that their games would be faster considering that I played Plume. I end up waiting for 20 mins or so.
Finally Jack Loses!!!
It's not a Canadian Top2!

Top 2 v.s. Jack w/ Magnetzone and Eelecktericks and Zeckhroms and Pichu and Thundurrus and Moar Pokemans.
I start with a good start. I sac a Pokemon and Twins for everything I need I get the first KO and KO his only Eel. He slows down and I get the lead. He catches up soon and most of his energies are lost snd the only one on his field was on his active Zone. I can't one hit it so I Flare Destroy and he whiffs on the switch or someone to attack so he scoops.
1-0

This game is horrible and I don't even get set up. Horrible starts are just horrible.
1-1

This game is extremely close. If there was more time I probably might've won. Long story short, I lose.
1-2

My second streak continues and I get my packs. I don't open one and get secret rare Meowth. I let James open a Kyurem pack and he gets a Kyurem!
Then Jack, James and I play pack wars and I win 2 of 4 games! Conkeldurr is soo good.
The day was over.

Props
2nd
Winners for winning
"Beat" ing ice cream!
Jack
James
Store
people
Kyurem pack
random prizes
arm wrestling
scarf
Canada
22 cp

Slops
NONE

Also, I shouldn't say sorries if you got confuzzled while reading this, or even this sentence, and if your head exploded in frustration or confusion.

Well, the next day, we go to the Game Matrix for another Cities. Opposite day is over but now its exaggeration to the extreme day. We arrive extra early, so early that we left at 9 and got there at 8:30! We had to wait in the wet rain hailstorm, falling fast enough to dent a car. We waited for 12 hours! Finally, the gigantic door was unlocked. We walked in, running through the falling rain hail. There must've been 2,000,000 tables set up. Not many people were there. Eventually, a flood of people come in through the door. The room was packed, you couldn't walk without bumping into someone. I manage to find Kabir and Jack and James. I stand in the incredibly long line for registering while Jack, Kabir, and James have to fill out their decklists. I probably waited for 9 hours in that line then finally, I made it to the front. I handed in my decklist and wrote my name on the registration sheet and satdown and waited for registration to finish. Jack was missing 3 Magnezones and a Thundurus for his deck, so I was nice and lent them to him. However, apparently, my Magnezones are bent because of my "super" shuffling. He refuses to use the bent Magnezones with huge creases in the middle and gets other "perfect" zones. Finally, Rosters go up and there are so little Seniors and people are missing from it. It turns out that there is a page two that no one noticed. After hours and hours of waiting, the Pairings finally go up and I'm playing...

Rd. 1 v.s. I'm terribad with names :( w/ ZPST
He gets the worst start ever in the entire universe and has to draw pass forever. I get to set up whereas he can't do much. Eventually, when I get a KO, he tops a Juniper and attempts to get set up. I then proceed to win because he can't catch up to his horrible start.
1-0
Jack is also 1-0 and so is Liam, James, and Kabir is 0-1?!?!
Apparently, Kabir lost to a Golett, Ursaring, and Landorus and other fighting dudes. Kabir horribly misplays and decks himself when his opponent could've KO'd his own Pokemon and Kabir would've taken his last prize while his opponent had 4 prizes left.

After waiting for a decade or 7, pairings go up.

Rd. 2 v.s. Allan w/ CaKE
I start with a possible Cyndaquil Donk if he starts Cleffa but he starts Kyurem. I Plus power, Jarm, Plus power, Attach, and Juniper to set up a Reshi. He gets Voltorb and he passes. I get everything I needed off of Collector except for energies. He gets the turn 2 Energymite and spreads. He also catchered up Cyndaquil to KO it. I blue flare and try to set up a bit. He Is able to switch all the energies to a fully healed Kyurem and Switches rhen Spreads for a prize. I am able to Black belt KO but he returns with outrage. I eventually lose in a close one because of Jirachi.
1-1
:( Can still make top 4 i guess.
Jack is 1-1, Kabir is 1-1, and James is 2-0?!?!
James is 2-0! Wow, he is good at this game!

Lunch break and then...
Pairings!

Rd. 4 v.s. name here w/ Gigalith.
II start terribly! I do, however have 2 Vulpix and Cyndaquil as well as Twins and some energy. He goes first and says he finally gets an extremly good set up. He manages 2 Gigalith turn 3 but their attack aren't so good. I also bring them both down to 120HP thanks to Vulpix. He KOs a Vulpix and I twins for Collector and something else. AAfter that, I got everything set up and just used Blue Flare twice for the win.
2-1
Jack is 2-1, Kabir is 2-1, and James is 2-1 losing to a new player, I think, with some trolling Cobalion, Kyurem, Basculin, Durant deck that he built that morning since they were coming. Jack and I were watching as James made the funniest misplays ever. It's called, Retreating Reshiram for Pichu and Play grounding instead of Outraging for the KO on his only Pokemon with energies in play! His opponent the topped a catcher and proceeded to win. After, Jack told him his misplay and you could see that James was frustrated.

Rd. 4 v.s. Liam w/ Zekrom Tornadus Eelecktericks
I start with Reshiram to his Zekrom. I go first and have to pass since I have nothing I can use in my hand. He Eeeeeeks and gets the plus power and energies in hand but flips tails. I pass and he flips tails. He then Plays plus power and energies and Junipers. He draws one byone hoping for switch and its the 7th card! I lose, although, the next card was a collector! :mad:
2-2
So, I ended up with 2-2 and Jack was 3-1 and Kabir was 3-1 and James was 2-2.
In the finals, Allan was facing the trollish Durant Cobalion Kyurem deck which ended up going 4-0 because he decked Allan in last round of swiss.

After that incredibly long, 2 million years packed in a day, day, we go home , to Canada, where the moose, the beavers, the hockey players, the maple syrup, and Canadians are and the weekly blizzards and warm igloos.

Props
-Winners for winning
-Jack
-James
-Kabir
-My dad for driving
-the holidays
-my pet moose
-scarf
-other stuff

Slops
-long drive :(

Last edited:
Congratulations, Joey. And I'm pretty sure our Swiss game was more one-sided than that. I dunno though I forget. =P

You forgot Thundurus and Cleffa in my deck BTW.

And no Report for Sunday? =(

LOL. Probably but I remembered it being a close one.

I already got Thundurus back and thats not my Cleffa.

Too tired, will add later.

No no, I mean when you list my deck it's "Magnetzone and Eelecktericks and Zeckhroms and Pichu and Moar Pokemans." But if you list Pichu you need Thundurus and Cleffa!

Since it wasn't a backwards opposite report, you should not have started your report with the finals match.

Well played, Joey.

Jack, I'm pretty sure that that's what Moar Pokemans means.

pokeMATHter- That would be wayy too confusing/complicated. Also, thanks.

Updated day 2!!! Exaggeration time

That may be, however, Pichu is the besterest, most awesomest, coolest, pokemon in your deck and it should be mentioned. If you complain more, then I guess I will be forced to add it.

And yeah, that was hilarious.

Pichu's pretty cool and was useful in a lot of my games. But Thundurus won more of my games for me. So I will complain as much as necessary. =)

i was your round 4 opppinent on day 1 but you forgot to mention that i prized THREE STUPID JUNK ARM:lol: and if i had done erl 1 turn earlier i think i would've won if you didn't have 2 plus power in your hand

Jack- fine, i'll add thundurus, NOT! No amount of complaining will make me change it. So, don't.

Pokesam128- Sorry, I am just horrible with names :( LOL, yeah, I probably would've saved the double max potion though, that was a close game and I lucksacked a lot!

Back