Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Washington Twenty12 Cities Report 1st with Chandelure!

moose101

So far I have gotten 3 extremely close 2nd places and decided to come and try to win for once. The night before it snowed extremely hard about 5 feet deep, just an everyday Canadian snowfall. I made a Chandelure deck randomly and test the draws and it was extremely consistent except for the fact that I only had 2 Chandelures and no promo Litwicks. I am able to borrow one Chandelure from my friend Jerry (thanks a lot!). The next day, we take an extremely super duper extra long car drive in the nice cool snow. We get to the gigantic mall that is extremely warm inside. I manage to borrow another Chandelurefrom Polo (Thanks a lot!) but no promo Litwicks. I have basically no time so I use the regular non-promo Litwicks. I stand in line for an extremely long time until I can hand in my deck list. I wait around with some fellow Canadians Khen, Karl, Julia, and Andrea until finally they finally post pairings!

Round 1 v.s. Durrant
I have a good start to his terribad one. I get a turn 3 Vileplume and get 2 turn 4 Chandelures. He Devours once or twice while I just KO Durrants one by one.Evantually, I win because he can't get back Durrants. So, because of my extremely well start and his extremely slow set up, I win.
1-0 Might've went differently if he got a decent start.

I am feeling confident because I really don't like playing Durrants and about half of them lost.

I wait for quite a while and pairings for round 2 go up.

Round 2 v.s. Ian w/ Ross Steelix
Going into this match I was nervous as Ian is a very good player and I haven't thought about this matchup. Anyways, he goes first and I have a Pichu start. He collectors for Solosis and Oddish and Cleffa when he has a Solosis and Oddish in play already and then he passes. I attach to a Litwick on my bench and Playground for 2 more Litwick and a Doduo he gets an Onix. On his turn, he plays down a Cleffa, evolves his 2 Solosis and an Oddish then retreats and Eeeeeeeks. On my turn, I evolve my 3 Litwicks, play down Cleffa, and retreat and Eeeeeeek. He gets Steelix, and energy streams but my cleffa was asleep. I get set up and evantually, he seekers his Vileplume. I then Luring Light his Reuniclus. He has a DCE and retreats. I have a rescue and Litwick on bench and am able to Luring light again. He attaches a Rainbow to his Reuniclus and passes. I place a total of 60 damage onto his Steelix and use Chandelures attack to one hit his Reuniclus. He brings up Steelix and KOs me I think and I KO Steelix aand all he has is an SEL. I am out of energy so I can't use Chandelures attack and am forced to place 60 and pass. He does 80 and burn and I place 30 then Cleffa Eeeeeek. I flip tails and he burns me and I flip tails for both flips. I pass and he does the same. I flip tails for burn bringing the prizes to 1-1 I then do do to SEL, Knocking it out.
2-0 The closest game in a while. Really fun as well.

Now we have a 45 minute lunch break and I had some delicious food. After a while Pairings go up and I am playing against...

Round 3 v.s. Jazmyn w/ ZPST Eelektrik
This is a favourable matchup and I getVileplume and Chandelure and Dodrio out turn 4. I just set up and win. (TBH, I really don't remember anything about this game)
3-0 Still undefeated! Hopefully it stays this way.

Pairings go up and...

Round 4 v.s. Colter w/ ZPST Eelektrik
I believe that I went first. I can't really set up and I think that 2 Dodrios are prized so I try to use Chandelure for easy prizes on Pachirisu and Shaymin. I get it on the second prize and get everything set up. With vileplume set up, he really gets bad draws due to his abundance of trainers. He does make it very close though and I believe he had 1 or two prizes left when I took my last. (Sadly, I don't remember this one too well because I'm tired.)
4-0 In top cut for sure!!

Pairings go up and of course,

Round 5 v.s. Arjun w/ ZPST
I start okay and he has a really slow start. With one Sage, the 5 cards were are candy, Vileplume, and 3 energy.I opt for the energy and rare candy which is a big mistake because a vileplume was prized. Luckily, he didn't target the Oddishes because he didn't want to activate my twins. I take some easy prizes off of Pachirisu and Shaymin and get Vileplume on my second try! I get it out and from there it is really easy. I win by two prizes I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) and I then organize my deck for top 4.
5-0!! Obviously a good record.

In a surprising twist, the Krookodile deck who went 4-1 and was at second top table whiffed and Allan made it because of his great resistance. Top 4 Looks like this.
1st Me Chandelure
2nd Arjun ZPST
3rd Jazmyn ZPST Eelektrik
4th Allan Durrant

After deck checks, we get seated and begin our rounds.

Top 4 v.s. Allan w/ Durrant

GAME 1. I went first and kind of got setup. It wasn't good for me at all and he ends up milling me. It wasn't good for me at all.
0-1

GAME 2. I chose to go first with an excellent start. I get Pichu for a Doduo, 2 Litwicks, an oddish, and a Cleffa. On his turn, he N's me into a turn 2 Vileplume and some Lampents and he uses Devour. I just use my Chandelures to take out his Durrants 1 by 1 until he runs out and I win also, I only had 1 card left in my deck!.
1-1

GAME 3. He chooses to go first and gets to mill 4 cards turn 1. I get set up fast and he has trouble against my Chandelures. I have about 4 cards left in my deck when I KOed his last Durrant and then Cobalion for he win!
2-1 Overall, really close games!

Arjun loses to Jazmyn so I'm playing against ZPST Eelektrik top2.

TOP 2

GAME 1. She wins the flip and misses the DONK on my lone Pichu. I use playground and attempt to set up. She takes a lot of early prizes and I finally get Vileplume and Chandelures and Dodrio. At this point she has 1 Prize card left to my 5. I feel like scooping but I decide not to. I notice that 4 DCEs were in her discard pile so I use Lampent to Luring Light her Eelektrik and its her turn. She attaches TO THE BENCH and passes. I retreat and use Chandelure to place 30. She ATTACHES TO HER BENCH and passes. I place 6 damage counters this time and pass. She just draw passes. I place another 6 damage counters and get a prize card. Bringing it to 1-4 prizes in her favour. She ATTACHES TO HER BENCH, PONTs and passes. I place another 6 damage counters earning another prize and this continues until I take all my prizes. I was surprised that I pulled that off.
1-0

GAME 2. She goes first and gets set up. I get two oddishes and 2 Litwicks and a doduo. Evantually, she KOs both of my Oddish before I get Vileplume out with two consecutive catchers. She uses a third Catcher to KO Dodrio. I'm losing 3-6 in prizes. I attach to my Chandelures and Cursed shadow and Eerie Glow. I manage to take a prize. She passes with a confuse and burned Tonadus active. She flips tails on burn and it gets KOed. I use Cursed Shadow and Eerie Glow again and she goes for the attack with Zekrom. She gets heads and Bolt Strikes for 120. I cursed Shadow KO them and Play down the Oddish that I get from my prizes. Then I Eerie Glow. They try to attack but flip tails. I KO them and the prizes are 3-3. She then gets the KO on my Chandelure but I have a fully powered Chandelure and rare candy, Vileplume in my hand. I just easily win from there.
2-0 YAY! I finally win a cities.

I get 18 packs but no Chandelures in them:frown:. We drive back home and the drive is only an hour and a half because there was no wait at the border crossing for the first time ever for us.

Now its time for PROPS and SLOPS!

PROPS
Jerry and Polo for lending me Chandelures
Eerie Glow
Luring Light
Cursed Drop
winning with non-promo Litwicks
Not getting Donked
Building decks the day before
Winners for Winning
SNOW
and, you if you read every single word of this report.

SLOPS
Losing to Durrant!

THE END

Last edited:
Yes, clearly, Chandelure going X-0 multiple times and usually winning makes it a very bad deck. Not to mention, it has over 100 top 4s in all divisions at cities. It's just terribad.

POW ers pr ay

Back