Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Water Electric - Suggestions Appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuga

This is my first deck, so I'm sure I need a lot of work done on it!

Here goes,

Pokemon(24):

Buizel DP x2
Floatzel DP x1
Piplup DP x4
Prinplup DP x2
Empoleon DP x2
Empoleon lv.X x1

Electrike CG x1
Electrike MT x3
Manectric MT x2
Elekid DP x1
Electabuzz DP x2
Electivire DP x1

Chansey MT x2

Trainers(14):
Scott x1
Bill's Maintenance x2
Rival x2
Steven's Advice x1
Bebe's Search x1
Copycat x1
Night Maintenance x1
Professor Elm's Training Method x4
Rare Candy x1

Energy(22):
Water Energy x10
Lightning Energy x10
Scramble Energy x2

My main goal with this deck was to get either Empoleon, or Manectric out, and get enough energy on them (through basics or through Scramble) as quickly as I could.

Based on what I've seen around the boards, I seem to have a lot of Energy Cards, and not enough Trainer Cards. So what could my deck use to speed it up a little bit?

Thank you very much!

IMO:

Empoleon 4-2-3-1
Floatzel (all DP) 2-2
Manectric 2-2

2 mentor
2 great ball
4 celio's
3 rare candy
3 steven's
3 rowan
1 team galactic (for use w. Empoleon lv.x)
3 castaway
3 cessation
3 switch

5 water
4 lightning
4 multi
2 dre

Okay, time for my opinion.

Yes, Empoleon and Manectric can work together as friends. Spreading damage is always good. The problem now? They both require 3 energies to use their second attacks. Another issue is that Double Rainbow is practically worthless on the duo, as it lowers the damage they deal to each pokemon (making Prinplup's Aqua Shower useless, as an example).

So how do we solve this? Scramble is a good way to start. Very good way, in fact. Just it only works until you come ahead on prizes. A more permenent solution is to use a pokemon who can pull energies out of your deck, and attach them to your pokemon.

As Empoleon requires 1 water and two energy of any color, and Manectric requires three electrics, a Raichu seems to be the best canidate for energy acceleration. While Raichu is preventing you from Aqua showering immediately, it does benefit you greatly in that you get energy placed onto pokemon who need it.

Therefore... I'd go somewhere along the lines of...

Pokemon(19):

Piplup DP x3
Prinplup DP x2
Empoleon DP x2
Empoleon lv.X x1

Electrike MT x3
Manectric MT x2

Pikachu HP x3
Raichu MT x3

Trainers(22):
Rival x2
Steven's Advice x1
Holon Mentor x2
Copycat x2
Night Maintenance x1
Celio's Network x4
Rare Candy x3
Castaway x3
Cessation Crystal x3
Professor Rowan x2

Energy(18):
Water Energy x4
Lightning Energy x11
Scramble Energy x3

Notice the addition of Castaway. This isn't needed, per-say, you can try Mr. Stone's Project instead should you wish. I however felt that the ability to pull a water energy (thus allowing you to turn Water energy cards into Lighting for Raichu to use), a disruption card (Cessation Crystal), and a supporter for the next turn was a must for this deck, especially since you also don't use any powers (other then Empoleon LV.X, who should rarely be used, in all honesty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back