Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

we ran out of badges what do we do now????

lady_middnite

ok here is the delema me and a friend have ran out of badges to get and well we're pretty goal orented and plus striving for somthing is half the fun so we decided that we would make our own cards with double the squares and only .5 points for a win and none for a lose but we dont know what to do about prizes any sugestions?

Are you a League Leader that has run out, or a player that has earned all the current badges?

Either way, I am moving this to the Leagues area.

ok im technicaly a league leader but not the main league leader i perfer the player status right now well during regular league and my friend is a player and we bolth ran out of badges to earn.

but we're also tryin to figure this out for wen other players from our league get all their badges

help/teach other players? play for no points, in order to help players with less knowledge/experience in the game?

'mom

Well, at my league, we have some players that earn their badges quickly, and then help the younger / slower players earn theirs. They also work with new players to learn the game and help with decks.

As a League Leader, whether the main one or an assistant, you should be helping more than playing anyway.

I never earn my badges - not for lack of desire, but just because I do not have time with everything else I do at league.

ok i understand the whole helping every one else thing and younger players but at my league the youngest player is 14 and i was the last new player and most of the players we have are better than me

we tried the play for no points thing but it gets kinda old i guess i could play other players to help them get there badges that is if i could get them to stop playing yugiho.

i dont know, im starting to think that our players are losing intrest like on kid traded his badges to another player for yugiho cards and then our players are are tradeing pokemon for yugiho. any sugestions?

Well, my suggestion is this - it is a Pokemon League right? Not Yu-Gi-Oh. At my Leagues players are not allowed to play YGO during League times.

Also, the League Leaders in my area have to approve all trades - we don't allow non-Pokemon trades.

If they are there for Pokemon - great. If not - tell them to find out when YGO gets together. I am sure that the local YGO leagues do not allow Pokemon to be played or traded for.

Take a stand - it is a Pokemon League after all - you are one of the Leaders. Talk to the League Owner or the location owner if it is too much of a problem.

yea thats a good idea sadly ive tried that but our league is held at a game store. so we cant realy tell them they cant play it . they dont get points for trading anything but pokemon.

for some reason no one realy does that confirm trade thing and if we tried to enforce it they would go behind our backs. plus i told the players to stop playng ygo but they ignored me saying that their is nothing i can do about it :(

their older kids so their kinda harder to control

That is when you get the store owner involved.

Usually, stores reserve space for specific activities - such as Leagues. If they are not participating in the League - ask them to leave the area that your League players are in.

Or just let them know that if they are not willing to participate in league and are disturbing the league, that they are not welcome during league times. The store owner should back you on this.

what i do when i get all the badges is I start a new card in the curent season the when the next seoason come my LL counts my points and rips the old one and transfer the points......SO know matter what you get points for playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what i do when i get all the badges is I start a new card in the curent season the when the next seoason come my LL counts my points and rips the old one and transfer the points......SO know matter what you get points for playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you finish, let's say the electric season, then your LL gives you a new electric season card to earn points for the next season?

If so, that is wasting League supplies that are supposed to be used on other players.

Once you are finished with the current season, you are not supposed to earn points for the next season. If that was the case, by the time the last season started, you would not have to play a single match to get your badge.

correct but our league has around 10 people there per day and we dont play many game a night due to a tournement each night so no one has time to play games in between and we generlly dont run out of supplies

my league is well, have a huge mix of pokemon and ygo players in the same playing area....

However, before a person get the score card - the person who's assigning them (usually the checkout guy at my store) to have a look at the deck and a trade folder first to ensure he is actually play pokemon more than ygo.

Trading for points is not allowed at my league.

The only way you get points here, is playing games.

There is a few people, where newcomers can battle for double points (2 points if lost and 4 points if won) against the much powerful and better players (usually myself and three of my really good mates).

So yeah....

The problem is that you're asking the wrong question!

You want to get new players to breath a little life into your league?

Talk with the store owner about putting up flyers near the schools. At supermarkets.
Offer to teach the cub scouts how to play at den meetings. They're always looking for activities.

If kids knew that there was a place to play Pokemon, they'd come. The problem is that your game store doesn't get non-gamer traffic so you aren't getting the new players that you should be getting.

this all is true but there is kinda a problem with the kid thing our league is a wednesday league and it starts at 3 and goes to 9 so alot of kids in school cant make it

we do have another league we run at a college in a near by town on tuesdays wich starts earlier and ends ealier thats usualy wen we get all the kids.. i dont realy like going to that one all the kids beat me and its like an hour away from were i live un like the wednesday on is only about 30 mins

we do advertise but i cant advertise were i live do to the fact that there is no league there ( its goin to change but not for awile)

this all is true but there is kinda a problem with the kid thing our league is a wednesday league and it starts at 3 and goes to 9 so alot of kids in school cant make it

we do have another league we run at a college in a near by town on tuesdays wich starts earlier and ends ealier thats usualy wen we get all the kids.. i dont realy like going to that one all the kids beat me and its like an hour away from were i live un like the wednesday on is only about 30 mins

we do advertise but i cant advertise were i live do to the fact that there is no league there ( its goin to change but not for awile)
i don't see how a wednesday league from 3 to 9 can't draw kids.

i run league on wednesdays from 5 to 7 and get LOTS of kids. it's not like they're required to attend the entire league session from 3 to 9, are they?

'mom

yea i know. but for some reason they just wont come on wednesday only tuesday weired huh

Not Really. (Oh, btw, I'm the League Owner of the area!)

Actually, I've done quite a bit of advirtising in the Medford Area. I distribute flyers to all the local
public schools and post them in all the local businesses that would have them, (And around some of
them that don't...:smile:) And there just don't seem to be that many Junior players around that area,

Luckily, that league time is moving to Saturday Afternoons, so hopefully that will be a little better on
time, and will draw a better crowd. But I do like PokePop's reply, we can really benifit from not giving up
on advirtising! We'll all have to work together to get the world out to the younger crowd.

Though I'm not too worried, after all, we do have the massively Junior heavy league just 30 minutes
down the road. It's actually kind of a nice contrast, and makes for relativily well balanced age divisions
for premier events down here, though it could be improved by getting all age divisions in both area's
playing the game more!

As for the leauge badges, I'm sure I can come up with some new stuff for you guys to do! (It's not all
about prizes you know! :wink:) I do hold tournaments most league meetings in that leauge, and if we
charged a small entry fee, we could buy some prizes from the store and give out prizes for the tourny.
I'm open to suggestions. :smile:

-Jason
:)dark::colorless20)

Back