Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wearing Name Tags of some sort...

Tank68

Ok, after attending a few tournys now and finally getting on the Gym more, how do you feel about wearing name tags of some sort for the day during Big Events like Cities, States & so on? Me being older & a mom of 4, I have a hard time remembering who everyone is. Then when we go to States & so on & you have many other players coming in from all over, I would love to get to know who you are by your Name & your Gym name but who is gonna go up to each & every person & say Hey, Im UnstoppablePokeMomx4 on the Gym, are you on there & who are you?? Not many! I did have 1 guy come up to me today, Im guessing he put 2 & 2 together & figured out who I was & introduced himself which I thought was cool! Otherwise, I wouldnt have known him from Adam! Me being the social butterfly at the events, I like to meet & greet new people & just kinda like to know where everyone is from. Just something neat to do, plus you would actually know who you played each & every round for those of you who leave reports.

I dunno, it was just a thought & I kinda wanted to see how you older teens felt about wearing them for an event! Would you mind wearing them & what would you think about it? Whats your take on Name tags, badges of sort at events? If more are willing too, Im thinking about making something on my own.

Thanks for your input on this!
~Melissa~

Hey, buttons are even a cool idea. Button makers are pretty cheap to come by too! Good idea, Thanks!

~Melissa~

At the Green Bay Gym Challenge last year we all got nametags when we registered. It was a pretty good idea i guess, but I already knew just about everybody.

Social meeting and greeting aside. I'm thinking safety!!

As a parent, it would be awesome to have tournament organizers, staff, judges, volunteers and players identified at events of any size. I know, we were in Rhode Island at States this past weekend, and there were 2 other tournaments going on in the store at the same time. The place was packed! We kept a close eye on our son. It's just really nice to know "who is connected to Pokemon" and who is not. As we attend different events more often, we do get to know each other, and that is great! Being that this is a trading card game, I also like to know that when my son walks up to someone and wants to trade, who that person is, is a great plus!!

Having the pins related to introducing the connection to Pokegym members would be a really fun idea. I think it would be a really cool idea to be able to see an identifiable pin and say, "Oh, I see you're a Pokegym member, where are you from, what's your username??"

mumsascrappa, I agree! When you have younger ones who trade & so on, it is neat to be able to put a face to name & then be able to come back here with Positive feedback about the traders & people you met! You do also have to worry about Safety, in some cases. Yes as you travel you get more familiar with people, but not everyone attends the same events over & over. Each event brings many new faces each time! So its always a neat idea to be able to relate to the new comers & help them feel more at ease when attending a big event for the 1st time, to them, & to their parents! Like I said, I like to be a social butterfly at the events, I love to meet new people, EXSpecialllly other ADULTS who share the same common grounds as a start, POKEMON! So keep the ideas flowing. Im going to look into doing something really cool!
Thanks yall!
~Melissa~

Why not order a PokéGym t-shirt? You can have your screen name put on it.... ;)

I wore a shirt that I sharpied my sn on at worlds.
I think that's good.

Well, I try to make myself known on the 'gym, so I hope everytime I tell somebody my sn they know.
I mean, I've never seen anything close to my sn on any other board.

A PokeGym shirt is rather expensive for the younger players! I am getting one, eventually! But, thats just me!

~Melissa~

people know who i am because i run around biting people in the neck and setting things on fire
the black bandana also gives it away

I wore a shirt that I sharpied my sn on at worlds.
I think that's good.

Well, I try to make myself known on the 'gym, so I hope everytime I tell somebody my sn they know.
I mean, I've never seen anything close to my sn on any other board.

What exactly IS your SN?

this is why I wear my Gym shirt or wear a Anime Convention badge with "homeofmew" on it :D

Mike: you also wear a name tag but seriously EVERYONE knows who you are :p

When you see the person with lots and lots of cool JPN items to trade at bigger events like Nats and Worlds, you have found me, :biggrin:
Drew

Back