Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Webcam Pokemon TCG?

yoyofsho16

Has anyone thought of this before? I always thought that playing the TCG over a webcam would be a pretty cool idea, but never really put thought into it until I got a laptop with built in webcam.

I think this would be a great idea, and give a more authentic playtesting feel than Redshark, Apprentice, etc.

What do you think?

yoyofsho16 said:
I think this would be a great idea, and give a more authentic playtesting feel than Redshark, Apprentice, etc.

Not really. Redshark lets you use cards you don't have in real life without using proxies.

Yeah, I figured. But, I mean... It could be fixed if you made like a rack thing that would position the camera right over the field.

i have a laptop with a built in web cam n you cant position it to show the field properly.

That's true, I just don't like the pricetag for that.

Ryu: I made this video a while back with the laptop cam I have on how to effectively shuffle an organized deck for newer players. It worked out pretty well, but as you can see the room for it is sorta small. I imagine you could get something going with that, If you made the laptop cover a little less angled.

I've done a lot of weird sruff with the TCG, such as playing over the phone (telling your opponent everything on the field- a lot of trust involved) and making a mount that you put on your chest to play standing up (i.e. waiting in a registration line). I can get this to work-maybe if you used that chest mount thing I made. It's not difficult... I just used envelopes.

And anybody who wants to participate in this I could just send a free mount thing to.

It's easy!
I've played a lot of games just by talking!! With a "real" (real=not built-in) webcam it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Back