Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

***Wednesday Modified Tournament***

irwinmalek

Wednesday 17th August- 7:00 PM

I know there will be lots of people arriving in San Diego in the week before Worlds, so I am planning a non-sanctioned warm-up modified tournament on Wednesday night at 7:00 PM.

I think the best place to meet for the tournament is the lobby area of the main hotel (Town and Country), and if it is not possible to play there, we can find somewhere else.

This is an unofficial tournament, not sanctioned.

The tournament will be Modified format, with a few rounds of single-game Swiss.

Entry fee:
1 Pokemon booster pack (Hidden Legends/FRLG/TRR/Deoxys/Emerald/UF) (booster can be any language)

Prizes:
1st: 75 % of boosters
2nd: 25 % of boosters

If interested in the tournament, show up at the Town and Country lobby at or around 7 PM on Wednesday.

EDIT: I know many people arrive after Wednesday, but if Wednesday is good, I may run a similar tourny on Thursday too- check this topic.

Boosters aren't necessary- if you do not havea booster for the entry fee, I now have some, at around $4 each.

Last edited:
Darn just what I needed but one day before I get their if its a succes consider doing it on thursday to.

The entire delegation of Norwegian Worlds contestants will be in SD by 5 p.m. on Wednesday. If we aren't severly desoriented by jet-lag or starving, I'm sure some of us will be glad to participate. We are 9 players + 1 judge (who will be happy to play since he can't play POP b/c of his status as ND). I'll bring along some boosters in case we can make it.

Mm, I just realised I'm arriving at San Diego Airport after 7 PM that day, so I can't enter :( If you could have a tournament thursday as well, that'd be great!

I know many people arrive after Wednesday, but if Wednesday is good, I may run a similar tourny on Thursday too- check this topic.

If you don't have boosters, I'll try and find some (which you can buy and then use to enter the tournament).

meh, if the cost was money, I'd do it, but I dont have any unopened boosters...
That, and the fact that the guy loaning me my worlds deck isnt coming in until friday...

Back