Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Weird Pokedex Entries

platinumwaiter

Inspired by rayquaza2222's post...

What is the weirdest Pokedex entries to YOU?

Any Pokedex, any Pokemon, etc, etc. (no duh)

"Using their very hot, flame-covered tongues, they burn through Durant's steel bodies and consume their insides." (Heatmor White Pokedex) :eek:

The flames it breathes when angry contain toxins. If they cause a burn, it will hurt forever.

that's from houndoom. Toxic flames? Eternal Pain? What has this world come to I wonder...

Ruby - Ninetales casts a sinister light from its bright red eyes to gain total control over its foe's mind. This Pokémon is said to live for a thousand years.

Sapphire Legend has it that NINETALES came into being when nine wizards possessing sacred powers merged into one . This POKéMON is highly intelligent - it can understand human speech.
and here I was thinking it was from a fire stone...

Emerald - It has long been said that each of the nine tails embody an enchanted power. A long-lived NINETALES will have fur that shines like gold.
Fire Red - It has nine long tails and fur that gleams gold. It is said to live for 1,000 years.
Leaf Green - Very smart and very vengeful. Grabbing one of its many tails could result in a 1,000-year curse.

Weird stuff is bolded. The newer games just restate the stuff above.

Well Ninetales draws its inspiration from the kitsune, so if you consider that the entries aren't that odd at all..

But yeah, a lot of the older entries are definitely a bit more on the weird/violent side, which is what makes them even more fun to peruse at times. Of course, you can still find some examples in the modern ones as well, like Hydreigon: "The heads on their arms do not have brains. They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything."

Magikarp said:
An underpowered, pathetic Pokémon. It may jump high on rare occasions, but never more than seven feet.
Hey, seven feet is pretty impressive for a Magikarp.

Magikarp said:
A Magikarp living for many years can leap a mountain using Splash. The move remains useless, though.
:eek:

Breloom Pokedex said:
Ruby BRELOOM closes in on its foe with light and sprightly footwork, then throws punches with its stretchy arms. This POKéMON's fighting technique puts boxers to shame.
Sapphire The seeds ringing BRELOOM's tail are made of hardened toxic spores. It is horrible to eat the seeds. Just taking a bite of this POKéMON's seed will cause your stomach to rumble.
Emerald It scatters spores from holes in the cap on its head. It loves warm and humid climates. It feeds on trees and plants in fields and forests.
FireRed
LeafGreen The seeds on its tail are made of toxic spores. It knocks out foes with quick, virtually invisible punches.
Diamond
Pearl
Platinum
Black
White Its short arms stretch when it throws punches. Its technique is equal to that of pro boxers.
HeartGold
SoulSilver It scatters poisonous spores and throws powerful punches while its foe is hampered by inhaled spores.
Shroomish Pokedex said:
Ruby SHROOMISH live in damp soil in the dark depths of forests. They are often found keeping still under fallen leaves. This POKéMON feeds on compost that is made up of fallen, rotted leaves.
Sapphire If SHROOMISH senses danger, it shakes its body and scatters spores from the top of its head. This POKéMON's spores are so toxic, they make trees and weeds wilt.
Emerald It loves to eat damp, composted soil in forests. If you enter a forest after a long rain, you can see many SHROOMISH feasting on composted soil.
FireRed
LeafGreen It prefers damp places. By day it remains still in the forest shade. It releases toxic powder from its head.
Diamond
Pearl
Platinum
Black
White It spouts poison spores from the top of its head. These spores cause pain all over if inhaled.
HeartGold
SoulSilver If it senses danger, it scatters spores from the top of its head to protect itself.

I'm not liking Shroomish's diet but from the entries on it's poison I have a feeling I'd rather meat up with a Breloom.

BOLDED=Oh sure I'm going to walk up to a boxing machine and bite it's tail! Looks appetizing. Also didn't it say before that it puts pro boxers to shame? :?

^Wasn't there an episode where Magikarp used splash to fly up high then use tackle by using gravity to up the damage.

Last edited:
Yamask

Black Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

White These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life.

Yamask

Black Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

White These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life.

That reminds me

Litwick
Black Litwick shines a light that absorbs the life energy of people and Pokémon, which becomes the fuel that it burns.
White While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it.

Lampent
Flavor Text
Black This ominous Pokémon is feared. Through cities it wanders, searching for the spirits of the fallen.
White It arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body.

Chandelure
Black It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance.
White Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind.

Doesn't Dusknoir use its head thing to communicate with the spirit world or something, and usher souls there? I vaguely remember something of that nature. I guess its a race between chandelure and dusknoir. Can Dusknoir bring them to the afterlife before chandy incinerates them?

Cofagrigus eats people that get too close, And dusclops' eye consumes whomever looks in, I recall. What is it with these ghosts?

Doesn't Dusknoir use its head thing to communicate with the spirit world or something, and usher souls there? I vaguely remember something of that nature. I guess its a race between chandelure and dusknoir. Can Dusknoir bring them to the afterlife before chandy incinerates them?

There's a reason why I always thought that Dusknoirs were supposed to be the equivalent of grim reapers.

Also another fun entry...Uxie

Diamond: Known as The Being of Knowledge. It is said that it can wipe out the memory of those who see its eyes.

Back