Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Weird

This happend the other day while I was playing my Leaf Green.Normally,I wouldn't care about the "The save file is ok" message but that day,it said "The save file has been deleted".Out f shock and frustration,I turned on/off it repeatedly,took off the cart and placed it back again.After that, I turned it on to start a new game.To my surprise, it said"The save file is ok".That was really weird.Anyways,I was relieved.

I've seen currupt, but not deleted.. also odd it undeleted. Usually on currupt it reverts to save prior to last save

Corrupt is just turning off the game while saving. However, I have seen the deleted/undeleted part before though. My friend did some kind of code with buttons on to my Ruby game (I had no data on it so I let him do it) and then we start a new game but we can go back to the old game. It was pretty trippy.

ive never heard of that delete error before, but it does save all the data twice in the 1Mbit FlashROM (128KB of data) it has for the save file, just for instances like that (corrupted/deleted save file). half the flash has the save file, and the other half has the backup copy of the save file

Usually, if you turn off the game while it is saving or something else similar, it will say something like "The save file has been corrupted. The game will revert back to the previous save.", so you'll just get the last point that the game successfully saved.

TRJessie579 said:
Usually, if you turn off the game while it is saving or something else similar, it will say something like "The save file has been corrupted. The game will revert back to the previous save.", so you'll just get the last point that the game successfully saved.

Okay... I thought it was more dangerous than that though =\ Like didn't in the older games if you did that your game would prob. get deleted?

Yeah, the third generation games all have back-ups in case that happens, while the older games didn't...which is also why, if you got the timing right, you could duplicate Pokemon in G/S/C if you turned off the game while saving during a trade (though if you got the timing wrong, you could wipe your file)...but in R/S/etc you can't, because the game just reverts back to the previous save.

TRJessie579 said:
Yeah, the third generation games all have back-ups in case that happens, while the older games didn't...which is also why, if you got the timing right, you could duplicate Pokemon in G/S/C if you turned off the game while saving during a trade (though if you got the timing wrong, you could wipe your file)...but in R/S/etc you can't, because the game just reverts back to the previous save.

Ah yes.... I remember the duplication trick... never tried it though :tongue:

meganium_ex_killer said:
This happend the other day while I was playing my Leaf Green.Normally,I wouldn't care about the "The save file is ok" message but that day,it said "The save file has been deleted".Out f shock and frustration,I turned on/off it repeatedly,took off the cart and placed it back again.After that, I turned it on to start a new game.To my surprise, it said"The save file is ok".That was really weird.Anyways,I was relieved.
Can you tell me how you did that? I'm gonna try it on my little brother.

Cheesy Lard said:
Can you tell me how you did that? I'm gonna try it on my little brother.
I don't know excactly what happened because I turned it on and it said the save file has been deleted the I just restarted it and it was ok already

TRJessie579 said:
Yeah, the third generation games all have back-ups in case that happens, while the older games didn't...

I knew that all too well.. I don't know if this had anything to do with it getting corrupted, but once my step sister jerked my gbc out of my hand and threw it across the room while I was playing it.. when I got it and turned it on I just got "the save file has been corrupted"

Then another time it happened on my ruby version and I almost died.. but then I saw it went to the previous save file..

Back