MA: Gordon Coates
SR:
JR:

TIME:

Date: Saturday, April 13th, 2013
Registration Starts: 9:00AM
Registration Ends: 10:00AM
Format: Modified Constructed* with Age Modified Swiss**
Pokemon.com Link: https://www.pokemon.com/us/account/play-pokemon-tournaments/13-04-000010/
FAQs:

ORGANIZER:

Name: Sandy More
Phone: 604-880-4200
Email: [email protected]

Empire Landmark Hotel
Address: 1400 Robson Street
City: Vancouver
Province: British Columbia
Postal Code: V6G 1B9
Note: Special room rate offered to Pokemon players - $75 per night - book ASAP to guarantee discount

ADMISSION:

Free !!

DETAILS:

This is a Modified Constructed event. Bring your POP ID, a legal 60 card deck and a completed deck registration form to speed up registration. You may preregister and get venue information at http://sandymorebcpto.eventbrite.com All participants will receive 5 Play Points and a promo card while supplies last. Remember the VG Regional Championship is the next day in the same venue so bring your DS and Black or White game and join in the fun!

PRIZE:

TCG:

I've been told the prize support will be the same as last year EXCEPT for the Championship points. I will update post #1 with all prize support information once TPCi makes a decision on the CPs.

**The main tournament will be swiss rounds . Afterward top players play in finals. All players will play in every swiss round within their age division.

Western Canadian 2013 VGC Regional Championship

TIME:

Date: Sunday, April 14th, 2013
Registration Starts:
Registration Ends:
Format: ??
Pokemon.com Link:
FAQs:

ORGANIZER:

Name: Sandy More
Phone: 604-880-4200
Email: [email protected]

Address:
City:
Province: British Columbia
Postal Code:
Note:

ADMISSION:

Free !!

DETAILS:

Players must bring their Nintendo DS (any DS system), a Pokemon game card (to be announced), and a charger for their DS. Players may be restricted on what Pokemon can be used for a tournament based on that event's format. Please check pokemon.com for the latest video game requirements for the spring VG Regionals. All participants will receive 5 Play Points, and a promo card (while supplies last).

PRIZE:

TBA

NW Regional Championships: Salem OR, January 19-20, 2013 (TCG AND VG):

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=166281

2012-2013 Regional Championship Location:

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=166373

Last edited:
This year the Team Championship will be held during the 2013 Western Canadian Pokémon Regional’s Championships in Vancouver BC, Canada.

Teams are made up of no fewer than 3 players and no more than 6. All must be in the same age group. The team championship will be held during the Swiss rounds of the Regional Championship. Scoring will be based on how each player placed in the final standings when swiss parings are over. If a player on a team drops before the event is complete then that player will not count as being on the team. The top 3 finishers on each team will be used to determine that teams overall score. So if the top 3 on a team finished in 4th, 15th and 20th place that team will have a score of 4+12+20=36 points. The team with the lowest score in each age group will be the winners. Ties will be broken based on which Team Captain had the better finish in the Swiss standings.

Team Registration forms will be available during the registration time the Regional Championships (There will be sign telling you where to go to get a form) You will need to select a family friendly team name, and list the team Captain and team members. All registration forms are due before the first round of swiss starts. IF you have not turned in your team registration form before that time then your team will not be participating in the Team Championship.

Winning team members will each receive a Team Championship Certificate, and Team members are encouraged to sign each others certificates

Well, ended up going 4-3 with Victini EX/Rayeels. Misplayed a couple times and got some pretty terrible starting hands. Oh well, I was going to grind into Worlds anyways. Overall, I had a ton of fun.

I was the guy with the Galvantula plush by the way.

Well, ended up going 4-3 with Victini EX/Rayeels. Misplayed a couple times and got some pretty terrible starting hands. Oh well, I was going to grind into Worlds anyways. Overall, I had a ton of fun.

I was the guy with the Galvantula plush by the way.

Hey I am pretty sure I played you, You beat my Landorus Terakian Ninetails deck. It was a fun close match and you played your deck very well. It was nice to meet you. Good Luck at the Grinder.

Last edited:
2013 Masters' Standing After Swiss:

1 Bidier Jing - Tornadus
2 Eric Vaughan - Ether Basic
3 Trevor Tran - Big Basic
4 Mel Anthony Miranda - Blastoise/Keldeo EX/Mewtwo EX
5 Tony Paull - Big Basic
6 Ryan Martindale - Klinklang
7 Lane Tower - Darkrai
8 Aaron Rozbicki - Big Basic
9 Karl Angeles - Big Basic
10 Michael Martindale - Big Basic
11 Lourence Singh - Rayquaza EX/Eelektrik
12 Sorina Radu - Rayquaza EX/Eelektrik
13 Jonathan Anderson - Rayquaza EX/Eelektrik
14 Hanseam Park - Hydreigon
15 James Good - Victini Basic
16 Kenny Wisdom - Darkrai

MASTERS' FINAL STANDING

Bidier Jing
James Good
Mel-Anthony Miranda
Lourence Singh

Trevor Tran
Tony Paull
Aaron Rozbicki
Michael Martindale

Eric Vaughan
Ryan Martindale
Lane Tower
Karl Angeles
Sorina Radu
Jonathan Anderson
Hanseam Park
Kenny Wisdom

SENIORS' FINAL STANDING

JUNIORS' FINAL STANDING

Last edited:
Hey I am pretty sure I played you, You beat nt Landorus Terakian Ninetails deck. It was a fun close match and you played your deck very well. It was nice to meet you. Good Luck at the Grinder.

Thanks! You really threw me off when you level balled for a Vulpix, but we had a great game nonetheless. Those fighting Pokemon are a tough bunch of cards.

Cross-Posting VG Top 8 for Masters and Top 4 for Seniors from Nugget Bridge:

Masters
  1. Tony Cheung (Chinese Dood)
  2. Tyler Ninomura
  3. Xris Acton
  4. Randy Kwa (R Inanimate)
  5. Leo Lin
  6. Braden Smith
  7. Mark Hanson (Crawdaunt)
  8. Will Lin
Seniors
  1. Hayden M.