Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What am I going to do?

MoonGem

I was so into Pokemon big time,and now I have no clue about the New cards that are out there. I need a refresh course in Pokemon, because I'm back :thumb:

Same thing happened to me a few years ago, as long as you don't have to learn what a supporter is and stuff, you should be fine.

pokebeach.com has scans for most of the cards, there aren't really any new archetypes besides SMP(there's a write-up for it in the deck help strategy forum)

how long was your hiatus?

Actually you can't even call SMP an archetype because there is such a variety of decks that are playable. What a great time to play pokemans eh?

MG's been out since before PUI took over, so actually she doesn't know about Supporters.
Pokemon USA has put out 10 sets.
That's almost as many original sets as WotC put out when they had the franchise.

Basically, MG, Pokemon has hit its stride. The card art is pretty good. Every set has some valuable cards for the collectors. Every set has some playable cards for the players. There are plenty of events for people to get together to play and trade.
Best thing to do is to either find a League near you or even start one up.
I don't know the NW, but maybe BDS can advise you on what's near you.
Pop

PokePop said:
Basically, MG, Pokemon has hit its stride. The card art is pretty good. Every set has some valuable cards for the collectors. Every set has some playable cards for the players. There are plenty of events for people to get together to play and trade.

Aww, you're making it sound like Pokemon is at its peak and will start declining soon ;p

Ah, then I feel for you MG. I got out of the game at Gym Heroes and came back before emerald, around march/april of this year. It isn't too hard to get back into the swing of things.

Ya you should go to pokebeach.com and look at scans of every card from HL on. Then go on the deck forums and look at decks. Then get apprentice and start playing 6-8 hours a day.

Burninating_Torchic said:
Aww, you're making it sound like Pokemon is at its peak and will start declining soon ;p
"Stride" is a long term thing.
If I has said "peak", that would have been different.

Venusaur said:
Ya you should go to pokebeach.com and look at scans of every card from HL on. Then go on the deck forums and look at decks. Then get apprentice and start playing 6-8 hours a day.

I'd aim for 10 hours a day.

I've been out a lot of times. Base- GYM, expedition to Aquapolis, RS challenge- SS, TMTA, FRLG, DX- On

Its pretty easy to get back, play the apprentice game and look at scans of cards. also attend a prerelease coming up in a few weeks to get the newest cards yet.

PokePop said:

I know, but regardless of how long it is, the fact that it's already started means it keeps getting closer and closer to ending...

Thank you all.I was a very good Mod at the Psylum Pokegyms Marketplace,and WizPog, I knew all the the different kinds of cards. The last box of cards that I got and still have, though I happily opened all packs were 1st ed Team Rocket Dark. So If you could give me an addy to be able to see all the new cards I would be most greatful to you.Oh, PokePop Sensei and Tyais can vouch for me about being a good Mod in the Marketplace.

Last edited:
A hint from when I got back into the game:

Testplay. Testplay alot. Go read the new 'Archtypes and Standard Strategies' section, build those decks, and play with them until you can find out how to make them work. You will quickly realize what it takes to make a good deck, and play it well. Then take other peoples' general ideas and try to find ways to improve them.

It's really good if you have some one you can talk strategy with. I have my brother and we play and talk strategy nearly ever day.

It you have any specific questions feel free to PM me, I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

Hmmm I notice your from WA there are a ton of leagues in WA thanks to the great community up here in the northwest. Just check the pokemon site for a league and find which is the closest to you.

If you can make it up to Rentons (Shanes Card Shop) on saturdays thats where most of the players go and would be more then glad to help you.

PokePop said:

Though it's doing very well, I think it just beginning to roll again :smile:

On topic: It takes a little work, but check out the decks section and use this site to look up the cards. Going to a league will be the most help. Welcome back :thumb:

Thank you all very much! I was very much into trading and collecting.I never ever knew how to play the game. I would love to learn!!!

Thank you again

Last edited:
Back