Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What can you get banned for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rulemaster

Lets list ALL the things that POP can ban you from the game for. This will serve as a guidebook for players to read and hopefully follow so that they don't get banned from the game. I'll start it off.

1. Don't let POP hear you say anything culturally offensive at a tournament
2. Don't send people www.pokegym.net links on AIM that link to something innappropriate
3. Don't collude in tournaments

What else?

Talk about something that has to due with Pokemon that you in no way were told not to repeat. Talk about something that has to do with Pokemon that you were in no way signed a NDA for. Talk about something that has to do with Pokemon you "shouldn't" know in private.

Geeze, it would be like being banned from Cubs games for leaking their regular season schedule. What a way to treat paying customers.

Rulemaster said:
Lets list ALL the things that POP can ban you from the game for. This will serve as a guidebook for players to read and hopefully follow so that they don't get banned from the game. I'll start it off.

2. Don't send people www.pokegym.net links on AIM that link to something innappropriate

What else?

Steal wooden Pokemon character cutouts at Worlds.

Rulemaster said:

What else?

I believe POP has nothing to do with that. Last time I checked Pokégym wasnt official POP site. The problem was linking to www.pokemon-tcg.com not 'Gym.

4. Decline TO status, inform POP about LD's not following the floorrules --> 2 years
5. Refuse to let your unofficial tournaments be sanctioned under someone else's name --> extension
6. Make an improperly gesture ---> 3 years
7. Sending masked links to dirty website and make them look as POP website links ---> 1 year

Moss Factor said:
Talk about something that has to due with Pokemon that you in no way were told not to repeat. Talk about something that has to do with Pokemon that you were in no way signed a NDA for. Talk about something that has to do with Pokemon you "shouldn't" know in private.

Geeze, it would be like being banned from Cubs games for leaking their regular season schedule. What a way to treat paying customers.
Did the non-PTO get a ban out of that?
I though only the person that had signed an NDA got into trouble.
Correct me if I'm wrong. It's not like these things are announced for all to read.

Rulemaster said:
Yes, the non-pto got a ban for that
What I'm hearing now is that this is something different than what I had first though it was.
If information was freely given to this individual that shouldn't have been given to him, that's one thing.
If he went and got info that he shouldn't have had access to by stealth, that's something totally different.

Again, I don't know the details, but it doesn't seem to be so innocent.

Ash_Van_Je said:
Anyone from PUI can explain THIS??
Why should they have to?

Excluding Lia's situation, which is unique...do people actually think that bans for the above listed behaviors are UNFAIR?

'mom

wearing a swastika?

not that im going to or heard bout anyone doing so, but i reckon u cud get banned for wearing a swastika armband to worlds lol

There is no dress code so the only thing they could do is ask you you to take it off or maybe now allow you to play but not ban you.

SD PokéMom said:
Why should they have to?

Excluding Lia's situation, which is unique...do people actually think that bans for the above listed behaviors are UNFAIR?

'mom

Yes I do.
I think the difference in suspension length between the P/dirty link sended and someone making an improperly gesture is weird.

Most of all if you can imagine that gesture was made out of frustration of a unfair ban.
No matter what, I also did not appreciate this gesture, but 3 years is not in line with other punishments.

And if stealing only gives 6 months, I cannot understand that.
I would think it has been more.

Moss Factor said:

The infomation that was STOLEN from the PTO forum was reposted WORD FOR WORD in a "private" forum. And please don't tell me that this information was intended to stay private. That forum was so private, in fact, that we had players asking PTOs specific questions regarding that information at Gym Challenges last weekend.

The information that was STOLEN can, and was, taken out of context. I seriously doubt that any of the people on the forum where it was posted attended either of the meetings where the issues were discussed. Taken out of context, without a full explanation of the details, the STOLEN information has the potential to harm our business. PUI does not take kindly to people that harm our business.

Simply put, much of that information has not been finalized or polished, and is still being debated to this day. This sort of early information is incomplete and usually leads to mass confusion among the players, which is why PUI keeps it private until everything is fleshed out, and can be released in a sensible manner to the players.

Moss Factor said:
Geeze, it would be like being banned from Cubs games for leaking their regular season schedule.

If you want to create a similar situation to compare this to how about, "it would be like someone leaking your name, Social Security Number, and date of birth to the public."

Moss Factor said:
What a way to treat paying customers.

What a way to treat the people that run the events you love to play in.

Last edited:
Rainbowgym said:
Yes I do.
I think the difference in suspension length between the P/dirty link sended and someone making an improperly gesture is weird.

Most of all if you can imagine that gesture was made out of frustration of a unfair ban.
No matter what, I also did not appreciate this gesture, but 3 years is not in line with other punishments.

And if stealing only gives 6 months, I cannot understand that.
I would think it has been more.

Different circumstances warrant different punishments. Players have been suspended for different lengths of time for doing the same thing because the circumstances surrounding the event were different.

While you may feel that the suspension is unfair, the fact remains that he further compounded his suspension by making a lewd gesture, SURROUNDED BY CHILDREN, at the photographer that was captured on film. Just because you don't think its fair, doesn't mean that it isn't. Were the circumstances different, the suspension likely would not have been as long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back