Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What counts as an attack? (Too many opinions!)

natuxatu

Different sites have been giving me different answers. The same site has been giving me different answers. What is an attack? The rule book says anything listed under the pokemon so my questions are this:

Is "Collect" (to draw a card) and attack.

Now if it is, that's fine. But what if my opponent uses a card that says your opponent can't attack him on my next term. So what if I use "collect?" I am not attacking my opponent so can I still use? The same goes for Eevee's sand attack. Where you flip a coin to see if the attack works. Do I need to flip a coin if I use Collect because I'm not attacking the defending pokemon.

I've been getting a lot of different answers. And I was at a tourney not long ago where someone wouldn't let me use an attack even though I think I could.

The same goes for "If your pokemon attempts to damage such and such flip a coin" I shouldn't need to flip a coin if I'm going to use "collect"

I'd appreciate if someone could just clear up all this confusion. :)

Collect is an attack.

In order to answer your next question, you need to give a specific example. The exact wording matters.
Some effects prevent a Pokemon from attacking. Collect would be stopped then.
Some effects prevent all effects of an attack (and/or damage) from being done to the Defending Pokemon.
Collect would nto be stopped in that case.

Collect does not do damage, so if something prevents damage, collect would not be stopped.
But it is best to use actual cards in your questions.

Back